A Coffee between friends :-) How was Your Day ?

ian

Posted · A Coffee between friends :-) How was Your Day ?

A bit of an update on my workout stuffs, mostly to bug Ian :p (but also as a sort of log for myself). Started "Phase 2" today which means a big step up in resistance. And, just like last time I was on one of these programs it sucks... Why? Well, because I get nauseous real quick like for some damn reason. I don't get it, as soon as I start picking up weights I start feeling nauseous about half way through the workout. During all the other workouts I can kick my ass until I'm lying on the floor drenched in sweat and gasping for air without a problem. But, with the weights if I keep pushing even a little past the point where I start feeling it I'm out for 20 minutes until I feel normal again. Pisses me right off.

On the up side I've lost 1kg since I last weighed myself after cleaning up my diet. 3-4kg more and it's time to start upping the calorie intake to stop the weight loss and hopefully move the other way again but with a little bit of muscle and not fat. That's going to be hard for me though as I already think I eat a lot every day (I've always eaten "like a bird" as they say). You can eat a shit load of proper food compared to junk stuff, that's for sure. Oh and I think my heart rate is starting to go down a bit as well, sitting here typing away I'm at 55 which is nice.

There, now I'll shut up about that stuff for another week or three :D

I think it's raining indoors here :D (sorry, couldn't resist :p )

triometrics

I was wrong, apparently "triometrics" can get a little bit of nausea going as well since it pounds the legs for 30 minutes non stop (I couldn't make it all the way through, had to sit down for a bit :p )

Robert. Your obsessed! It`s not healthy lol, make sure you drink plenty of Guinness to keep your liquids high :p

Yep, lovely sunny day.

Last print I did had lots of stringing, so I thought I'd knock out a quick test. Three post 40mm high. I modified the gcode by hand to start at 230C and reduce the temperature down to 190 in 1 degree/mm steps to see what was the best temperature. Set it going and went for a 2 mile(*) walk around town, well its such a sunny day!

Hah! came back and guess what - no stringing at any temperature.

So now I'm sipping my afternoon cup of tea - pondering why!

:cool:

(*) Ok, "Sports Tracker" says it was only 1.9 miles

I've never had a Guinness in my life :O In fact, I don't drink alcohol at all :O I know, I'm weird hehe. My only vice is candy and chips/crisps, that shit is like crack to me. But with my father being diagnosed with diabetes a couple of years back I'm doing my very best to avoid that stuff as well. I'm doing it one week at a time with friday being my indulgence day :p

Speaking of weather, someone seemed to turn off the light outside so I had to take a look at the weather:

weather

Good thing I like rain...

Man Robert, if you say that you don't smoke too, I want to marry you RIGHT NOW! Would complete my Ultimaker R2 Lineup. :D

I don't smoke and don't drink alcohol or coffee. I don't get the fuzz about something that has to be enhanced with another ingredient to be tolerable. Might as well be left out completely.

Well.. no, I don't smoke. Or drink coffee, or tea. But I dunno, I'm not that into dudes so I think I'll have to say no to your proposal :p

Don't worry, I just wanted you as my Ultimaker Boy Toy, nothing else. Chasing ladies is way too much fun and I won't stop doing it - not even for my Ultimaker R2! :p

Day started pretty awesome. Our first "Costumer" wrote me to print an awesome Model of a V12 Biturbo Diesel engine from his company. AWESOME!

I cleaned the model, to make it free from small tubes and cables witch are to small to print. And align parts in groups wich i want to print together. Only took me 2 Hours.

Then it went bad...

tried to export the first part group as .stl

Open faces everywhere. But i expected that and i knew it would be not that easy. So i opened the first part that didnt work and tried to fix it.

4 hours later i*' writing this text and i didn't get that damn part to be solid. And there are a lot more parts to go :oops:

I never thought it would be that complicated. I really have to try to find another way to export .stl than using my creo....

Im gonna get myself a beer now..

Anyway

Have a nice day guys!

@Nicolinux: You bastard, toying with my feelings like this ;(

;)

@JonasK: Ask him if you can get the proper source files instead. Editing STL files is a horrible thing to have to do. edit: I think I misread that, never mind.

Haha Nico & Robert, I`m impressed with your bro-mance lol, are we going to see our first ultimaker wedding with you two haha ?

JonasK, I use creo too mate, havent had many issues exporting .stl`s yet. If there is anything you want me to look at let me know, i`ll send you my email address.

wait !!!!.... no...... al...ca...hol.... ????

I dont get it ??

The whole magic of going into a pub on a friday evening... getting silly drunk and finding yourself pissing against a cows leg in a ditch in the countryside.. 7 miles away from the pub....

sure... thats one of the great things you can do.... and all down to great old alcahol ! :D ....

LOLLLLLL

Ian ;-)

Meh, I've never understood the fascination with messing with your head so much that you don't even have full control over what you're doing anymore. The closest I've come to being drunk was when I got some sort of nice sedative when going in for surgery. That was quite excellent stuff, scarily so, I can understand how people get addicted to it... I also got quite a bit of morphine but that didn't do squat for me, well except for taking away the pain that is.

I cant wait until we all have a HUGE ultimaker meet up, and somebody spikes Roberts drink with a shot of vodka haha.... lets see what crazy stuff we make make him do, and forget by the next day :p

So funny Ian!

I have my plans.. video interview with a very drunk Robert admitting how wonderful alcahol really is !!!

HEHEHEHE

Hey guys, by the way. Huge Ultimaker meetup sounds good. Any plans?

*hides under the bed* YOU CAN'T GET ME UNDER HERE!

Oh hello there... *says the monster under his bed*

says the monster "welcome to my under the bed bar.. what can I give you.. WOHAAAAAA"

Ian :wink:

Nico is hiding under Roberts bed now? Jeez this bromance has gone further than I thought haha!

22:16 pm, bored.. might go to bed... Oh I have just got a brilliant TREX model from thingiverse... ooo its gonna be a long print! I`ll save that for a rainy weekend.

Hey Nico, lets make the meetup in the UK.. I have a 5 bedroom house, saves you guys some hotel bills lol

and how many women will you provide ? ;-)

If you throw in a few rolls of PLA, my girlfriend is always around for You. You know that picture I posted of that beach soccer girl before... thats her... !!

OK I wish lol

It is a bottle party. Bring your own b....ottle with you.