A Coffee between friends :-) How was Your Day ?

ian

Posted · A Coffee between friends :-) How was Your Day ?

Man, both you and Nico making advances, this is getting seriously weird... Stop undressing me with your eyes, you weirdo!

i love this community! :lol:

Sometimes i think that PLA fumes aren't that harmless when i read some of the crazy stuff here :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

i love this community! :lol:

Oh No!

Now we have an eternal triangle :D

I hate to break up the bromance talk but I just had to post this since it relates somewhat to the gaming talk a few days ago. In a little under four and a half hours Epic is going to announce something related to Unreal Tournament. You can watch the live stream here when it starts:

http://www.twitch.tv/UnrealEngine

Please please, oh please, don't fuck this up Epic. Give me a mix of ut99 and ut2k4, nice solid fast game play with fun movement mechanics and no fucking progression system, achievements or such non sense that the kids seem to need these days... I want a proper arena shooter, jump in, everyone on level ground as far as abilities/weapons and then let skill sort it out.

Also, get off ma lawn!

No time for gaming :( Ive decided to give up the rat race, start my own business.. working on my first design right now lol... i wanna play games

Had to have a few games to warmup for the event (which is starting right NOW). T'was a good game :D

Shot04278

You only won because your Ping is so good lmao :p

New UT confirmed, starting development today. Will be taking large input from the community on where it will go. Will be PC ONLY (hell yes). And FREE, not free to play, actually free.

What I think would be a really cool idea is.. If Ultimaker offered a one week boot camp next summer.

You have to pay a small fee and travel to some mountain camp some where there are buckets of 3d printers and computer games.. They teach us better tricks and tips in 3d printing and we are allowed to design and build new parts and designs for 3d printing... Ultimaker sponsores the whole thing and gets monster customer and user feedback and also R&D ideas and concepts....

Ultimaker... 3D Hack in the Mountains ;-)

I know some other big IT companies do things like this.. but as far as I know no one in the consumer 3d print market has done this yet.. would be much cooler if ultimaker did this first and let the other guys kick themselves later... LOL

Ian :-)

The French Alps will do fine Ian, Snowboarding and beer drinking in the day, Designing Printing and beer drinking in the night !

I`m not sharing a room with either Robert or Nico! Bhahaa ( Unless my drinks are spiked :p )

as long as you dont look like your girlfriend photo then you can share a room with me.. no worries !! LOLL

I'm planning to run an IP camera so I can check things when I'm at work.

I was dreaming last night about setting up a go-pro on my um2, I don't own a go-pro though lol. Whoa they are like £350 for the best one, they do look great.

I also dreamt that I had full control of the um2 with wi-fi etc.. oh and it had water soluble support material :) Dream on huh ?

I did that!! With an iPhone4... . .

Well if you will use an iPhone! :evil:

I did the same thing with an old android phone and it works a treat. :p

Link.

Already have another IP camera running without any problems.

Once I've got my UM2, I can look into remote control options :cool:

about fire risk... forget it !!

I know way to many happy ultimaker owners that have been printig with pimped and tuned ultimakers for months and years and all of them still have their eyebrows and apartments !!!

Ian :-)

@IRobertI, thanks for the post. I remember living in a wildlife refuge for a summer about 30 miles away from anything including internet access and telephone. The last month of that summer I was by myself, I had Unreal installed on my computer and remember the AI being so good that it helped keep my sanity during those long days; the graphics were so buttery and it had such crisp movements.

I just want to share what happened yesterday evening.

During the day I was able to get my UM original assembled and working. So in the evening I decided it was time to get my own build heated bed operational. So I did all the necessary modifications to the electronics and had every thing running at the end of the evening. When I told the bed to go to 40 degrees it nicely did that. So I wanted to stop. Then all of a sudden I smelled this horrible burn smell. So I quickly turned off the UM and extra PSU. And started sniffing around. No nothing strange on the PSU, nothing strange on bottom of the UM but still that smell. Turned on the machine and it was operational. More sniffing no result. Then I decided to stop for the evening since I could find nothing wrong. While going down stairs the burn smell intensified. So I was thinking that is good and bad. Good it is not the printer.. At the door I met my wife and the answer became clear. She decided to make yugi thee. This needs to cook for about 15 min. Well she forgot about it and noticed the error when the whole house was stinking. Nice timing! Just got my new UM modified and working and she tricks me in believing something is terribly wrong.

Hahaha Moev, that`s great, love it when life just tricks us like this :)

Nothing better then a third player in the game :-P