A Coffee between friends :-) How was Your Day ?

ian

Posted · A Coffee between friends :-) How was Your Day ?

4mbit is luxury. I get just 1mbit at home and before I changed ISP I was only getting 500kbit (I'm 6.5km down copper wire from the exchange). I've considered getting a 20mbit satellite system but its soooo expensive.

On the plus side, I too have endless green fields and fenland to walk in :)

And I've just measured 75mbit here at work. :):)

At the UM office, you're happy if you get more then 45kb/s...

Rumour has it that the UM support team only gets 4.5b/h... ok, that was a very bad joke... :oops:

I'm quite happy with my 10Mbps... and with the Ultimaker support team... ;)

Speaking of bandwidth, I got a letter from my ISP today. "Hey, we've upgraded your upload speed to 100Mbit. Oh and we also raised the price!". Gee, thanks... Maybe ask first next time?

You have no idea what dirty deeds I am willing to do for a fast internet connection...

My ISP even called me once and told me they had 50mbit available at my address. Turned out they had the wrong address :(

[Glum]

At home now and measuring 0.36Mbit download speed. It's really slow tonight and I'm drooling again over a satellite broadband system.

[Glum]

Hey guys thanks for the support!! The next day I woke up and felt much better, and found myself not dwelling on the previous days events. I spent the day walking around in beautiful weather and eating delicious food and ended with drinks at a comedy club. All in all it was a pretty great day! I feel that my next presentation will go much more smoothly.

@Ian, yeah if there is any way you could record your presentation I would love to see it! Even if it's in German and I can't quite understand everything :D.

Hi Aaron.

This year im doing my presentation in English.

But im sure one or two german words will slip in there some where ;-)

Im just polishng off my presentation now.

Im trying to keep it as simple as possible as I noticed last year... the less on the screen and the more coming from the presenter.. the better :-)

Last year they had a small dodgy camera setup but I guess Florian has a better camera setup this year.

Oh god.. fingers crossed......

Ian :-)

Guess what... I am on holiday playing golf tomorrow yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!! Sunshine, golf and a couple pints afterwards :) Happy Thursday afternoon lol

* Apologies for all of these poor workers that have to do a full week. I take no responsibility for anyone crying or throwing a hammer at their screen.

Don't worry. You can't golf and print at the same time. We'll see who will be crying or throwing a golf club at everyone in the vicinity :)

I`m hoping to set a print going before I go out though, plan it for about 6 hours should work :p

ok its 10 minutes to 2 in the morning.

I have finished my 3d presentation for the big day tomorrow.

I have a bag of prototypes and my right foot has fallen asleep... im ready....

Ill either wow them or make them pee themselves laughing.. lets see what happens ;-)

wish me good luck guys.....

Good luck Ian!

Good luck Ian!

Talking about luck, I could use a bit too. I'm trying to get out and join the gang at Maker Faire in San Francisco. I was supposed to go yesterday morning, but that flight was flat out cancelled the night before. So I was rebooked on a flight at 6:30pm yesterday - but that was delayed so long that my connecting flight (the last one of the day) would already have left by the time I got to Chicago.

And so now I'm left with another attempt at 4pm today... if that doesn't happen, it probably won't be worth making the trip out there at all :-(. Flying between anything but the biggest airports in the US is becoming a very frustrating experience. The system is stretched so thin - there are no spare aircraft and no spare seats to work around any problems. After the 3DPrintShow in New York earlier this year it took me two days to get a flight home, after they cancelled my original flight due to 'lack of crew' (despite all the passengers, and a fresh crew, being on the plane ahead of schedule) :-(

Fuuuuuuu... My NAS is showing the RAID as degraded. Why do HDDs hate me so much *sigh* I guess it was because I thought that it would be nice to upgrade a few days ago... Meh, I'll guess I'll have to waste some cash and get a new drive in there before the whole thing goes down. Annoying as that money could've been spent on something more fun.

</rant>

@illuminarti: There is only one way to speed things up. Just ask a small question... :mrgreen:

Heh heh.

Thanks to some help from a couple of moderators, I've had a name change!

Cheers guys. :)

Morning guys !!

Back safe and sound from Erfurt :-)

Had a lovely time meeting many cool people and seeing some new tasty technologies... plus some amazing new materials coming out of colorfabb ! ;-)

Did my presentation at 4PM on Friday... the people were a mix of business men and were tired... I spoke too fast becasue I was excited and after the presentation.. I didnt get one question.. so I guess I bombed out a little :-(

But I think If I had talked about candyfloss and my childhood.. the people would not have noticed...

Screw it !... I had fun and it was a really interesting Fair like always !

Florian Horsch and the two amazing Messe Girls did a brilliant job ! :-)

David Braam programmer from Ultimaker 3D Printers released secret snap shot of upcoming Cura at Erfurt 3D Messe Germany !

IMG_6956.JPG

Very unusual that it's not Daid himself leaking the news...! ;-)

i think time I was just a little faster with leaking... hehe :-) LOL

The Difference between Open Source and Closed Source People ;-)

bad.jpg

good.jpg