A Coffee between friends :-) How was Your Day ?

ian

Posted · A Coffee between friends :-) How was Your Day ?

:-) Vacation is so boring :-)

Sitting for second day by a pool in an Eilat hotel (43C tomorrow, BTW), I'm missing my UM2 and all my dear plastic junk, as my wife usually refers to it.

Even more to that, I ordered a batch of Faberdashery filaments, and our UPS already called me to have them delivered today! Alas, it will be only on Sunday when I could get them.

Who needs a vacation when you have Ultimaker at home?

Another thing - Herr Ian - did you miss a message I sent you about a week ago?

Nice day everyone and happy printing!

Just replied to your message Shurik !! :smile: sorry about the delay !

Also to everyone else... I am starting the new job on Monday.. so a few more days to get ready.. relax the kax... and then jump knee deep into the new work... yehaaa :wink:

Im going to be living alone during the week... so my plan is.. work... sport... 3d printing... sounds like a healthy combination right ?? LOL :wink:

Ian :smile:

Anyone who knows the current lead time for a UM2? Or is it still at mercy of the mysterious UM shipping department? ;)

Edit; Nevermind.. Just got a shipment notification :mrgreen:

coincidence? :-P

Do you even lift?

(I recommend watching his other vids as well, he's awesome :D )

And what about your g/f ? Is she not going to join you :O

the GF is staying in Saxony and im going to be working in Bavaria.

After a few months.. we shall see what happenes...

Ian

Ok my next project.. I was given a wave board or caster board to try from a friend.

Took it out this evening and just after I started getting a feeling I could do it... CRACK....

The whole front base plastic housing split right down the centre...

OK maybe these things were not built for my irish 98KG... yes I need to loose weight !!

BUT thats... BS !!

Im thinking what is a caster board... two caster wheels.... housed and held with 2 foot pedals and a central column with a spring in it.

Technically everything I need is here... spring column.. 2 casters... All I need to do is design a really really strong housing that wont break with stress on the casters.. plus big enough to let the middle of my foot rest on the part... then strong enough to hold the central beam together...

Am i being too optomistic... or do you guys think this could be doable ??

Top foot panel as one single print.. then the bottom part... then place the caster and central beam... then lock the top and bottom together with big ass screws...

Then do two back and front foot...

The thing doesnt need to be so big like a normal caster .... just enough to give the foot good grip....and STRONG !!!

I think its completly mad.. that a big boy like me cant play on these..... :sad:

Ian

220px-Waveboard_in_Fahrt_1.JPG

My ultimaker went on a trip to France it seems :???:

According to tracking Fedex ships a package that's domestic Holland via France... :shock: No wonder shipping keeps getting expensive :mad:

@Ian you might be mad, regardless that's totally doable. I'm always surprised by how strong my prints are, even little things withstand way more force than I expect. If you are having problems with durability for some reason you could check out PET+ from Made Solid, it's suppose to be much stronger than ABS or PLA. I just received my order in the mail and made a couple of test prints with their colorless clear filament and it feels really durable, it also does not absorb water.

My ultimaker went on a trip to France it seems :???:

According to tracking Fedex ships a package that's domestic Holland via France... :shock: No wonder shipping keeps getting expensive :mad:

If you send me your tracking + ordernumber in a DM I can check if everything is as it should be :)

Does anyone know if Daid is on holiday? Haven't read anything from him for the last days...

Yes, I believe he returns like tomorrow :)

(but don't expect to hear from him the very same day as I think him and I suffer from the same exploding-inbox syndrome after a few days off) ;)

Thanks, Sander, for the news.

Dangerous jobs you have where inboxes explode... ;) and sometimes even the mood of people in the forum... :O

Yeah, Daid is in 'murica. He should be back tomorrow.

If you send me your tracking + ordernumber in a DM I can check if everything is as it should be :)

Well I received it as scheduled, but seems a bit uneconomical to me. It went back to the distribution point in Roden (NL) after it's trip to france.

Only one of my printhead fans is somewhat damaged, it kind of works, but rattles and screams.

Already made a support ticket (ANI-387-75934), but seems I can't log in anymore. When I try to log in my email address doesn't exist, but when I want to re-register the email address is already in use. :???:

Yeah, Daid is in 'murica. He should be back tomorrow.

You let him go to Makerbot-Land... !?! :eek:

Hey guys! Well it looks like I’ll be in Berlin Germany August 8th – 14th, my boss was very adamant that I submit a paper to a conference called IRCOBI (International Research Council on Biomechanics of Injury). I submitted my paper a while ago and just re-submitted it with reviews, although the paper hasn't been officially accepted yet my boss made me go ahead and register for the conference, book a flight, and book a hotel; all of which are non-refundable so even if my paper does not get officially accepted I’ll still be going I guess :mrgreen:. Anyway, if any of my fellow Ultimakers are going to be in the area at that time we should definitely hang out!!! I should have significant free time and would love to meet some of you guys!

Yay!! I am going to see my buddy Aaron. I'll be in Berlin at that time then. Never been there anyway so it is a good occasion.

Hells yeah! This is going to be great! I've never been there either, I'll look for some things that might be interesting in the area. I'll be able to put a voice to the picture :mrgreen: .

Also, I updated my yo-yo files on YouMagine and blarp Thingiverse; I'm really backlogged in uploading stuff and I got a couple of requests at the Maker Faire to post the functional files. Just click the yo-yo image below, download, and print.

Awwww I wish I could join you two!! :( Damn I need to win the lottery to become truly free, lol I gotta start playing it first I suppose.

The only way to win is not to play.

Robert... I have started my fitness regime! Well ... I`ve bought some stuff lol. My garage now has some weights in it, a weight bench, some dumb bells etc. I have also sorted out a bike for cycling.

I have also just bought some running trainers...( Jeez these are expensive lol ) and also a Nike+ Sports running watch that will track my progress.

Now... reading your posts were part of the reason why I decided to cut down on alcohol and get a bit healthier... so I was wondering, do you also do any motivational dvd`s that will actually convince me to get off my fat ass and use all this new stuff ??? haha

That's awesome to hear Skint! Makes me happy :D Sadly I don't really have any motivational DVDs on tap hehe. The guy that got me off my butt was Tony Horton. What I like about him is that he's a bit silly, keeps things simple and isn't so damn "hardcore" as some fitness guys/gals are. For me he made exercise fun which in turn makes it easier for me to get up and do it every day. That said there are days when I just dread doing it but 99% of the time I'm able to force myself to do it anyway and I feel a lot better afterwards (unless I push too hard and get nauseous...). I've skipped three days in the past 8.5 weeks so I'm doing alright.

Perhaps the biggest reason I'm able to force myself to do it is because it's right here in my home. My "gym" is three steps from where I'm typing. Can't really blame the weather to skip a workout that way. Just start the video and get to it.

In the end what it comes down to is to just bloody do it. Which sounds simple and isn't very helpful, I know, trust me, no really. Stop with the "no, I'll wait until Monday", "I'm feeling a bit off today, I'll start tomorrow", "it's already late, I can't start tonight", "I didn't sleep well, should probably skip it today" and all the other stupid excuses that the lazy part of your brain tries to come up with (I've had many many years of experience in that area...). The first day I started, it suuuuucked. Day two suuucked. Day three I could barely walk and everything hurt like hell, but I got up and did what I could. Two weeks in, things started to get easier. Six weeks in I started feeling like I could push harder. After 3 months I went back to the original workout to see the difference and it felt like a long intense warmup instead of nearly killing me.

All that said, I haven't lost any damn weight in the past two months, in fact I've put on 1kg. I lost 8-10kg in three months when I first started. So that's a bit frustrating. I'm adding two days of core work to the normal exercises and lowering my food intake slightly to see how that helps.

Man... I've been rambling for a while now huh. Sorry about that to you guys who don't give a crap about this stuff :D I'll end with a couple of vids of the guy I'm talking about.