A Coffee between friends :-) How was Your Day ?

ian

Posted · A Coffee between friends :-) How was Your Day ?

Drill sgt. Robert checking in! :p 90 days completed, 5 days skipped (3 with good reasons, 2 not so much). New round started yesterday. How goes it for everyone else? :)

Sir, yes Sir! Private Steve reporting for duty. Skipped my workout for... reasons (too many client jobs at once). New round will start next week. Also no UM2 here and I can't stand soccer. But everything else is fine :)

So you jive ass turkeys... guess what little nerdy irish bloke got in the internet in his partment... oh yesss he did....

Be honest... did you miss me ?

I missed you guys !!

yipeeeeeee.....

Ian

I missed youuuuuu!!!

But I have to admit - I miss my UM2 more :p

The knurled mantle MK8 just arrived today - I so can't wait to try it out.

MK8

Welcome Back Ian !! Ive missed you loads.... x

did I miss any big gossip or changes... hired or fired... ultimaker 3 released....

update me.... baby lol

Ian

can anyone spot something interesting about this webpage ?

http://www.lehmstedt.de/spring_leipzig.htm

can anyone spot something interesting about this webpage ?

http://www.lehmstedt.de/spring_leipzig.htm

Yes, it's very unusual that the price in Swiss francs is not higher than the Euro price...

You meant that one, didn't you? :p

Congrats!

I was drinking a cup of coffee yesterday watching the printer do its thing and I noticed that since i got my UM² the rest of my work is just lying there. I'm so excited and captivated by all things 3D printing that nothing else moves. I'm pretty sure that if I wouldn't print something for my wife once in a while she would've smacked me around already :)

I was wondering: Do any of you guys have that feeling as well? Does it get better with time?

Does it get better with time?

Heh heh, Nope!

Lol Blizz :)

With a little bit of luck and you get more familiar with the machine and cad-modeling it will only get worse ;)

You will see more and more things that could be improved / made / 3D printed.

I was drinking a cup of coffee yesterday watching the printer do its thing and I noticed that since i got my UM² the rest of my work is just lying there. I'm so excited and captivated by all things 3D printing that nothing else moves. I'm pretty sure that if I wouldn't print something for my wife once in a while she would've smacked me around already :)

I was wondering: Do any of you guys have that feeling as well? Does it get better with time?

dude.. your sooooo screwed !!! LOLLL

oh... that's not the answer I was hoping for lol. I hope flowers once in a while fix this.... Hmm, perhaps I can print flowers?

its like walking into a vampire club and 30 minutes later walking out with 30 wholes in your neck.. and saying... oh I was hoping that wouldnt happen.... LOL

In many years of collective work Ian Spring has brought together over 24 000 images that show the world of the 1930s and 1940s in quite an unusual perspective.

Congrats ian.

Hmm, perhaps I can print flowers?

These are very nice. And super easy to print:

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:240158

@gr5 I saw those indeed, cool idea, printing with the fans off and upside down. I'll have to order some other colors of filament for that though... Don't think silver flowers are that nice :)

Bahhhh I just have a blocked nozzle. Its my first. Well I will follow the advise on this forum. Put a wire in the nozzle while hot and then let it cool and remove the filament. Hope it helps

So, insects, were they just put here to annoy us? I mean think about this for a second. There's outside, and then there's inside. Now, the outside is bloody enormous compared to houses and such. Even smaller than houses are the entrances. Take a window for example that is only opened a tiny bit to let in some fresh air. Compared to the place we call "outside" that little slit is insignificant in size. BUT! Somehow, these annoying pieces of shit still manages to find that little slit and go inside.

Right, ok, shit happens. BUT! Do they find their way back into "outside"? Hell no, that would make sense. No, these beyond stupid creatures can fly around mere millimeters from freedom and never, ever, in their entire life span, find that exit again. Isn't that kind of ironic considering they managed to find their way in from the millions upon millions times bigger place known as "outside"?

So, how's your day been? :p

Your such a bully Robert, picking on these tiny creatures :p

I hate flies though!! I catch them and feed them to the spiders lol

Flies are ok, they sleep during the night. But the gnats, they are hunting peaceful humans during the night - these cursed vampires...! :mad:

I hate spiders even more than insects, they freak me out :p I have two phobias and spiders is one of them, I could never visit a place like Australia because of it. Waking up and seeing one of those big monsters they have over there on the wall would give me a heart attack.