A Coffee between friends :-) How was Your Day ?

ian

Posted · A Coffee between friends :-) How was Your Day ?

Strange how the mind works. I like spiders because I think they look interesting. Don't want to touch them though, but they sure are interesting.

Yeah, the mind is pretty dumb sometimes. I mean, intellectually I know that the tiny little spiders we have here in Sweden are completely harmless, but the primal parts spaz out completely if a spiders catches me by surprise. I have high hopes for the Oculus Rift though. I'm thinking it will open up a whole new world of therapy to cure these silly phobias. Speaking of the Rift, give me a damn release date already...

Hey you can already have the devkit2 (that is if your ordered earlier). I played with the first one and it was pretty impressive. I can't wait for one of my friends to get the second one.

Sadly I am not imune to getting sick after short usage. I hope this will improve with future versions.

I have the DK1 but I didn't want to get the DK2 as CV1 surely can't be too far away at this point. At least that's what I'm hoping. Unfortunately I have the same problem as you with getting sick. Anything fast moving will set it off in less than 10 minutes. Very slow demos generally work alright for me though.

They say that nausea is all but eliminated on the new kits with the new low persistence display and proper positional head tracking. Apparently even those that got really sick with DK1 seem to be able to use the new versions without issues. I'm hoping that holds true for me as well :)

We started our day today at 6:00AM with "Code Red" alert, followed shortly by a few loud bangs of the interceptions, clearly heard from the shelter where we sit with the half-sleepy kids. We see our "Iron Dome" battery from our home's windows.

The good thing is, that the UM2 printer is <hopefully> safely located at the basement.

Wishing you all very pleasant rest of the day.

Indeed a very bad way to start a day. I'm just grateful to live in a country which has been spared from war for quite some time (although Switzerland had a quite bloody past actually...) and which helps to resolve conflicts and keeping peace around the world (North Corea, Ukraine, Iran vs. USA, ...).

And no, I haven't given up hope that one day everyone on this planet realises that War produces no winners...

Shurik, I hope your day ends better than it began...

The world hears stories and watches news broadcasts of all the crazy things that happen in countries that are going through tough periods of war and fighting. Sitting in my comfy house in the middle of England though, it is also too easy to ignore or forget these stories we see. Shurik, seeing you on this forum and hearing your stories really makes it feel real though! I wish I was superman, I would really kick the world up its arse to sort all this stuff out !

Yup, there are always people behind every scoop on the TV and that's sad.

The Swiss were smarter than us by about 500-600 years, I think. :-) We still have a way to go.

But then, I'm thinking about the British during the Blitz. Compared to what they were through, we're having a piece of the cake.

After all, if the things got really bad, there's good chance they will get better. The same feeling when I have a failed print. ;)

The Blitz. Wow yes, what a lot of bombs!! lol I am so glad that I was a generation or two later than that era!

Sometimes I wish I had a few bombs to drop on my faberdashery tangled filament !!! haha

Jack Bauer = Legend! I love 24.

Just finished watching the last ep 30 minutes ago. Jack Bauer power hour FTW :D Gotta love that show, it's just stupid action and they know it. The emo make up on Chloe was a bit distracting though...

Woa, in preperation for the 9th season I'm watching season 7 now, and I want to plan a 24h watching session of season 8 :p NON STOP 24 for 18 hours(due to commercials).

I'm kinda afraid of what the emo look will do to her character though.

I have the episodes and I'm eagerly waiting to start seeing it. Unfortunately the wife decided she wants to join me. There is only one issue: She hasn't seen a single episode of 24 yet and wants to start at the very first. Still trying to convince her to do that on her own :)

Uhm... so I just got an e-mail from "Jessica" asking if we could set up an interview about my designs on Youmagine followed by a phone number. Is this some really obscure attempt at phishing or what?

Trace the email (look into the mail header, check the sending server and its ip). If it is from Makerbot, do the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swatting :)

Why is CREO so S**T at creating formats and templates!! I wanna go all Jack Bauer on PTC`s ass!! lol

Chloe is awesome, but the emo look doesnt work haha

Uhm... so I just got an e-mail from "Jessica" asking if we could set up an interview about my designs on Youmagine followed by a phone number. Is this some really obscure attempt at phishing or what?

I got the same email... it's a bit absurd as I actually have just one design on Youmagine which is very simple compared to e.g. your feeder or the cable chain... :wacko:

I replied asking who she was and what she wanted. If they're just verifying e-mails for spam it doesn't matter as that address is used for that very purpose hehe.

Probably a reporter. Probably already published the story and will ignore you. If you don't get back to them in 15 minutes it's usually too late.

There are many causes of nausea. For example #1: you get mildly poisoned by bad food. Or #2: motion sickness from oculus rift. Dramamine will do nothing for #1 but for #2 will do wonders! Just take 1/2 to 1/4 the standard dosage and wait at least 30 minutes, 60 minutes better, before playing with Oculus Rift.

The amazing part is that after 4 hours of playing with dramamine you won't need the dramamine anymore. As long as you play every other day. If you stop playing for a few weeks you will need the dramamine again to get back into it. After a while your body goes - "Oh - I know this strange feeling - it's just OR. No need to get nauseous.". Immunity to OR will not transfer to immunity to inner ear issues or roller coasters, or anything else. You have to take dramamine for each separate dizzy-making thing and train your body not to get sick.

This is amazing! I'd love to train my body not to get dizzy on rollercoasters (rollercoasters are the best but my body unfortunately doesn't agree) but if that involves riding a rollercoaster every other day it might not be practical...

She got back to me last night. It was just another one of those people starting up a new 3d file sharing site and wanted me as a featured designer. Claimed that they're spending hundreds of thousands on marketing yet they don't have a single model on their site... yeah, no thanks.

@gr5: I might go with that approach if CV1 is still causing me issues. Hopefully I should be ok there with a bit of practice. Just getting rid of the slight blurring, persistance, latency and lack of proper head tracking should make a massive difference.

Red Wine = Love of my life :p

2nd = Guinness

3rd = Chocolate

4th = my cats

5th = My g/f. Dont tell her. lol

I sure hope your gf doesn't read this forum :)

me too :p

Two days at work, then 2 weeks off yipeeee Barcelona for 5 days then golfing and sunbathing in Marbella !