A Coffee between friends :-) How was Your Day ?

ian

Posted · A Coffee between friends :-) How was Your Day ?

Haaaaa yes. Don't you like that last minute shopping routine.

Ornaments have been printed and some gifts too.

I'm missing some requirements for a memory game for kids. I'll use a picture of every member of the family (14 total) and print a pair of each. Should be fun to try and find their faces in the cards.

I'll use those cards as name tags on the gifts too.

Today is my birthday - Yay!

But .. . .

I just kicked up Google to look something up and the daily cartoon is a birthday cake, presents etc. and it says "Happy Birthday Gerry".

Scary or what?

Just what does that company know about me - tremble.

Happy Birthday!

Have a nice scary day ;)

Happy birthday Woofy :)

Happy birthday!!!

I hope that you get your presents on time - mine arrived yesterday 3 month too late (star wars black series 6" figure of dath vader)... :-)

Just reached the 4800 Meter mark on my UM2's. That's 3 MILES of filament! Or, I guess, 4.8 Kilometers for you metric wierdo's :p

I'm a bit bummed out that it does not keep track of the filament when using Octoprint.. I'll be touching 3000 hours of printing this night..

I'm only at 1000 hours... But I had it just for 6 months which gives an average of 5.5 hours a day :)

Roast Pork and Crackling.

Lovely Fruity red wine.

Dark Chocolate.

All i need to keep a smile on me face! :)

Just reached the 4800 Meter mark on my UM2's. That's 3 MILES of filament! Or, I guess, 4.8 Kilometers for you metric wierdo's :p

Ugh, imperial barbarian ;)

Oh come on, don't be mean. Their system is totally sound. My foot is as big as your foot for sure :p

I have no idea why we still use Imperial. I design in metric, which gets confusing at times becasue I often have to use imperial fasteners, so drawings look funny to me, but I guess that's how it is.... Work on a Ford truck and some bolts will be 1/2" while others 12mm...

On another note, I just had to do 12 cold pulls to get one of the printers going again... I'd do 2 or 3, think everything's fine, go to print, JAM. Do another couple of cold pulls, some more black crap comes out...

Was very confusing becasue after the first 3, it pulled out clean... Then it would jam and I'd find some more garbage, then it would pull clean, then jam again.

Weird... printing fine now, but I just went through another 2 insulators...AGAIN. Always something :)

At what temperature are you printing?

Perhaps the gunk/carbonized PLA is also higher up in the hot end, and is pushed down when you start another print.

Friends, wish you all the best for the new year :-P happy printing !!!

My good intentions for 2015;

- Learn about scanning (when I finally get my ordered Fuel3D)

- Learn how to model non-mechanical parts (scans)

- Build a printer

..... and some other projects ...

Mine is:

- bring a lunch at work at least twice a week.

:D

To tell you the truth, I'm having more problems with my PLA printer (I only print with PLA in one printer, ABS in the other)

so to answer your question, I'm using PLA temps... Around 205~212 C . Using USA Natureworks stuff.

Have to say.... I assumed my ABS printer would fail first due to the higher print temps, but no.... The ABS machine just keeps going and going.

again,....weird....

Guys, all the best wishes for 2015 and may the f(ilament) be with you :-)

All the best to you and all of you as well :)

Happy New Year to you all.

2015 started with a BIG hangover !

Was very confusing becasue after the first 3, it pulled out clean... Then it would jam and I'd find some more garbage, then it would pull clean, then jam again.

It's time you invested in some hypodermic needles. I got mine in USA from here:

http://www.healthwarehouse.com/needles-syringes/disposable-syringes/gauge/28-gauge

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Needle_gauge_comparison_chart

I'm just not comfortable sticking steel needles up a soft brass precision orifice.

I've ruined plasma tips, welding tips and other copper and brass orifices sticking steel objects in them... including my first UM2 hotend. That hotend is now a .5mm hotend due to rubbing the hole out larger with a needle.

It's probably just me... I'd rather torch the hotend and clean the carbon out.

If the hotend's weren't so expensive, I'd probably use needles again becasue it's a lot faster :)

Thats funny because that's exactly what I ordered from filaments.ca. some Red ninjaflex and Taulman clear + blue.

Voxel was out of clear taulman which is why I went with filaments.ca. Their ninja is a bit less expensive though, but free shipping with 125$ order.

I've been using the cheap PLA from voxel for a while now, the silver and the white. The silver is slightly higher temperature than normal PLA which gets you sharper corners. But it tends to gunk the nozzle eventually. The white is unnaturally matte, which I like. It doesn't stick very well to tape but otherwise quite good. The problem with it though is its 3.0mm +- 0.08. So it MAY get rather tight in the bowden. I only use this stuff on my UMO. UM2 gets Um filament. :p

Thank you for all the mentions. For all you NinjaFlex fans out there, the new "SemiFlex" from NinjaFlex is also on it's way to us and will be available to order from Filaments.ca shortly!