A Coffee between friends :-) How was Your Day ?

ian

Posted · A Coffee between friends :-) How was Your Day ?

I did one of those workout things again... It's been a while... 8 months or so while... *ugh* It needs to be done, I'm pretty much right back where I started like 2-3 years ago and I hate myself for it.

I didn't do anything for 3 months during the holiday. I usually play volleyball but it is on a summer stop (starts again next week!) and I recently started boxing in the gym.

Tomorrow will be the third class.. what a work-out!

After the first class my belly (I can't say abs) hurt for 5 days! :p

• Like 1

Posted (edited) · A Coffee between friends :-) How was Your Day ?

It's a great day ... my son (15) spend the last weeks of his summer holiday learning "unity" and published his first ever android game in the playstore today ... do him a favor, have a look ;)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.T3Dmake.TankBattle

Edited by Guest
  • Like 3

Summers coming so I should be getting in shape 2. I have been hibernating most of the winter designing stuff.

I had do look twice at your location to realize you are in New Zealand.

Many years ago (1997) I spent a month in Australia during November. Summer was well on the way. Wonderful trip. Came home to the United States (Maine) in the midst of the first big snowstorm!

Summers coming so I should be getting in shape 2. I have been hibernating most of the winter designing stuff.

I had do look twice at your location to realize you are in New Zealand.  

Many years ago (1997) I spent a month in Australia during November.  Summer was well on the way.  Wonderful trip.  Came home to the United States (Maine) in the midst of the first big snowstorm!

Yeah, my brother lives in Australia and I visited him a month ago, it's a bit warmer there then in NZ so was nice to warm up, I also traveled around Australia back in 2004 for 8 months but it was to hot, to brown and to big for me so came back to NZ.

My flight had a stop over in NZ. I was amazed how green it is. The gent sitting next to me remarked that NZ is where 'Xena Princess Warrior' and others shows were filmed. We landed in Christchurch so I never saw more than the three hours in the airport terminal :-)

My flight had a stop over in NZ.  I was amazed how green it is.  The gent sitting next to me remarked that NZ is where 'Xena Princess Warrior' and others shows were filmed.  We landed in Christchurch so I never saw more than the three hours in the airport terminal :-)

Well, that's a pity. Visiting NZ is definitively on my bucket list. It's just d### far away from here... :O But the distance from Europe is maybe the reason why wide landscapes there stayed more or less untouched...

Edited by Guest

Last post about workout stuff, promise. Measured today and I'm not "pretty much back where I started". I'm almost exactly back where I started. Weight differs by a poop session and the gut is off by 1cm, if that. All those wasted hours and litres of sweat... I'm a god damn idiot. Oh well, day 2 and "Agility X" it is, time to get pukey exhausted :D

Are you using those Beachbody/workout/P90X videos everyone is crazy about here in the 'States? I couldn't handle those. And the video shows two guys the size of Arnold Schwarzenegger in his prime and a girl whose pretty much a star gymnast. And they start the first video with 35 push ups to warm up!

I work with the trainer at the gym. 45 mins of cardio and an hour or so of weights, focusing on a different muscle group each time.

I hope to start sporting an Austrian accent like Arnold once i bulk up :)

Yup. They're not that bad man :) There's different ones to choose from to match where you're at. I'm doing P90X3 at the moment (but will be modifying for a while before I catch back up). This one is less "hardcore" than the classic P90X for example. I'm not doing any of those pure muscle building programs, not interested in that, at all (always been scrawny). The goal is to get rid of the gut and get healthy again.

The P90 series has a lot more humour/is more relaxed than the ads make it out to be. But it's not easy of course, you have to put in the work. Back when I was starting to get reasonably fit I did 60 pullups and 150 pushups during "The Challenge" which is just under 30 minutes. Now... I'd probably not manage 1/10 of that...

The previous version of P90x, which I have, has a DVD called "Plyometrics"

Oh my word, that one left me hurting for days LOL

Maybe I should check out the new version

I tried the Insanity workout and that was just way to fast for me!

Haha, yeah plyo will put you on your ass real quick like :D There's a toned down version of that in P90X3 (not as much jumping IIRC) and strangely it was one of my favourite workouts when I was fit.

My flight had a stop over in NZ.  I was amazed how green it is.  The gent sitting next to me remarked that NZ is where 'Xena Princess Warrior' and others shows were filmed.  We landed in Christchurch so I never saw more than the three hours in the airport terminal :-)

Yep, Xena, lord of the rings, the hobbit (filmed about an hours drive from my place) and the upcoming dam busters movie.

Oh and most bollywood movies if you are into indian films.

Christchurch is a weird place for a stop over.

There is hobbiton where you can go through the Hobbit movie set.

Edited by Guest

Christchurch is a weird place for a stop over.

When your United Air Lines 747 needs gas to make it to Australia, I'm not too picky either :)

• Like 1

Fair enough. Better then swimming I guess.

Build up enough speed and just skip across the water the last bit. Saves gas.

Isn't that what Malaysian airlines does? :p

• Like 1

Isn't that what Malaysian airlines does? :p

.. ouch!

Oh, @Labern ...too soon....too soon

What do you think of this?

http://3dprint.com/95010/tsa-keys-3d-printed/

Could ofcourse have happened with key filing machines, but with 3d Printing this got a whole lot of more serious.

My thoughts are "meh" pretty much. Little toy locks like that can be snipped open even quicker with small bolt cutters. Locks only keep honest people out.

Bump keys have been around for a long time now but you don't see people freaking out and replacing the locks on their doors.

Criminals will always take advantage of new technology which is sad. But at least our kidneys will be safe when they start printing them :p

I recently saw an article on container shipping seals being 3d printed to cover up a theft. That's a much cleverer way of using 3d printing to be come a crime kingpin ;)