A Coffee between friends :-) How was Your Day ?

ian

Posted (edited) · A Coffee between friends :-) How was Your Day ?

I started by sending a message to the dude first to give him the chance to not be an asshole. If that doesn't work, I'll go to kickstarter, looks like a pain in the arse though.

Well. It's not often that you see such a blatant copy of something. Copyright usually doesn't protect you very well, but in this case it does.

There is a "Report this project" button, where you can select IP as one of the reasons.

Edited by Guest

That is kinda a dick-move. Even stealing the pictures.

He does say he didn't invent it, he is just pushing it to the market so he is not lying about that, but he still is stealing someone else's idea. (But that is not a right solely coherent to open source, the stealing of ideas and monetizing them).

It looks like something which should be easy to take down, also don't think fits their policy.

I think it's also partially ignorance. A lot of people don't know what open source is, we even had someone on a show once who thought we were open source because the Ultimaker Original frame is physically open. I think people don't know what kind of conduct or guidelines go with open source values or things being shared.

A lot of people come from a mindset where hoarding, gaining and owning is the motto. They need to be educated about how to deal with sharing and the beauty of it, and not trying to abuse it (although I don't think that will ever go away).

Edited by Guest
    • Like 1

Posted · A Coffee between friends :-) How was Your Day ?

Maybe you should just let him do all the donkey work, get it into production etc etc... if that ever happens, and then just agree on a 60% commission rate :p

• Like 2

Maybe you should just let him do all the donkey work, get it into production etc etc... if that ever happens, and then just agree on a 60% commission rate :p

60%? How modest! :p

According to package tracking, my Olsson Block is waiting for me at home. So I'm itching to get out of work and install it!

(ETA: hi folks, longtime lurker here :) )

Edited by Guest
    • Like 1

I was thinking the same but with 99% :p

Robert...i AM NOT jealous of your setup!   :p

Nor me. Not in the slightest.

(That's the most beautiful thing I've seen all day*)

*(It's 10 AM here, draw your own conclusions)

• Like 1

Good that you're not jealous :) I'm quite happy with it as well. Just need to get off my ass and add a fan that I've been meaning to do for months so I can keep it closed during printing (although in this case one machine is pulled forward to feed Faberdashery from the floor because I was lazy).

I have rough plans for the cabinet if anyone needs them (some improvisation along the way will be needed).

I just hope the prints will work as I planned. I miiight have time for another set but it's doubtful. We celebrate on the 24th here in Sweden so time is short.

Welp, that was a huge fail. Not quite sure what the hell I was thinking :D I mean, I think the idea was good but maybe I should've thought a bit harder lol. That's what you get when you rush a design.

xmasfail.thumb.jpg.84abd511fec9d4d1d0b9a592e4f7b8f7.jpg

The idea was that money is hidden in a little slot in the base that can only be reached when the pieces are in this order so there's a hole to grab the money through. But... because I'm an idiot I didn't think about the fact that the cut out slots in the pieces allow them to fall out :p

Shit, envelope it is I guess. Bummer.

xmasfail.thumb.jpg.84abd511fec9d4d1d0b9a592e4f7b8f7.jpg

• Like 3

Good idea to have the printers sit on some kind of drawer, makes it easy to change filaments :) i'm preparing my happy place i'll keep that in mind

Oh and happy xmas everybody :)

Just in case people missed the video! (I LOVE it! :D)

Merry Christmas!!

Edited by Guest
    • Like 3

ha ha , so you glued that on the poor creature.... you better hope PETA won't see it :)

enjoy you holidays if you allready have'm ... still gotta work a few days myself next week, but at least it's a short week.

Aww you could have at least given the dog the proper credit :)

Getting bored already visiting your mother in law ? .... check out my son's new android game....

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.T3Dmake.Blue_Runner

Aww you could have at least given the dog the proper credit  :)

I think Hayley the dog is mentioned in most of the videos descriptions. She got plenty of credit! :p

Hayley is an 8 year old field beagle. She's a barrel salesdog, and a part time theif/escape artist.

IMG_00001556_edit-678x1024.jpg

Unfortunately, she recently lost her vision. (sudden degenerative disorder)

IMG_20150729_233357_edit-1024x645.jpg

My crude attempts at making her a 3D printed collision halo. While it works... she doesn't like it. and would rather bump into things herself and figure out where they are. (it's a beagle independent spirit thing)

But that doesn't stop her from being a star!

IMG_20151220_171927_edit-709x1024.jpg

ha ha , so you glued that on the poor creature.... you better hope PETA won't see it

It was stretchy cord! the fur helps hide it. :p

You guys know how difficult it is to get a blind beagle to sit on a moving apple box, on a turn table and 'look' at the camera without sniffing? Hayley goes to great lengths just for you guys. :p

Hope everyone had a wonderful Holidays!

• Like 7

Happy Christmas Valcrow. Hayley is so cute! I remember you making those barrels, seems like so long ago!

• Like 1

Wishing you all the best for the New Year !!!

happy2016.thumb.png.5d4f4d9571ddbd0f6ac8c6eff4982d3a.png

happy2016.thumb.png.5d4f4d9571ddbd0f6ac8c6eff4982d3a.png

• Like 5

@Ultiarjan, all the best wishes for you too! Looking forward to all that is coming :)

And so it begins... The White Pestilence has arrived to squeeze the will to live out of every poor soul that must suffer through it. F-ck you snow, f-ck you and your whole family, nobody likes you! I hope you die in a fire, you bastard.

C'mon global warming, you had ONE job.

fyousnow.thumb.jpg.71080d9c29d8dbc6168958274fe63ebf.jpg

fyousnow.thumb.jpg.71080d9c29d8dbc6168958274fe63ebf.jpg

• Like 2

haha as funny as I think your rant is.. I kinda like snow :p

oehhh, with two snowflakes the whole country here is in a panic.... (NL):p