A Coffee between friends :-) How was Your Day ?

ian

Posted · A Coffee between friends :-) How was Your Day ?

Had a nice evening... just joined the kick off evening of the new "nijmegen hackerspace". We're planning to make some of the "precious plastics" recycling machines... so if you're in the Nijmegen NL area we can use more people to join....

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone been to Zandvoort circuit park?

I would like to attend the DTM racing and want to book a seat but its hard to know where to sit is good. quite a few areas are already taken

also if anyone wants to join me let me know. i was just going to attend 1 day.

Is it going to be on display somewhere?

It's displayed in an insurance office lobby in London,

They already had an older model of this type in Rotterdam, but they also wanted one for their new office.

I don't know exactly what printer they used but it was one of the largest they had at Imaterialise.

I would like to attend the DTM racing and want to book a seat but its hard to know where to sit is good. quite a few areas are already taken

Sorry, I have never. I'll see if I know anyone who has.

Sweet, thanks

Sweet, thanks

I understood the 'Tarzan corner' was a good place to stand as there is often a lot of action. Action being cars spinning out of control ;)

Sweet, thanks

I understood the 'Tarzan corner' was a good place to stand as there is often a lot of action. Action being cars spinning out of control ;)

Sounds good. I'll book my ticket and aim for there then.

Posted (edited) · A Coffee between friends :-) How was Your Day ?

20160707_layer_shifting_Rotterdam.thumb.jpg.a7ee19cc7d119b8b5e251f8ddf9bc4e9.jpg Nobody would have thought this could happen in the homeland of Ultimaker :)

20160707_layer_shifting_Rotterdam.thumb.jpg.a7ee19cc7d119b8b5e251f8ddf9bc4e9.jpg

Edited by Guest
    • Like 7

FYI the architect is Rem Koolhaas.

Edited by Guest

20160707_layer_shifting_Rotterdam.thumb.jpg.a7ee19cc7d119b8b5e251f8ddf9bc4e9.jpg Nobody would have thought this could happen in the homeland of Ultimaker :)

That bridge looks familiar :D

I took the very same picture the other day :p

Layer shift - must be the x-axsis pulleys...

But the bridging is great, though :)

• Like 3

[media=17665][/media]

Strolling around town this weekend, found a jeweler with an UM2 on display, too bad they were "printing" stuff like il_430xN.115664788.jpg

Also I found out Delft has a FabLab now! :O Since half a year already. The combination shop/fablab they have is quite amazing. People (and tourists )come in for the nice things to buy and find out they can actually use the machines. Furthermore, if you designed something and made it their, you can try to sell it in their shop.

• Like 2

I also visited the fablab in Delft the other day.

It look like they have the same layer shifting issues in london. SAM_1755.thumb.jpg.09ae01d43b96dc2e8b8cfe3a605a6d52.jpg

SAM_1755.thumb.jpg.09ae01d43b96dc2e8b8cfe3a605a6d52.jpg

• Like 1

I also visited the fablab in Delft the other day.

It look like they have the same layer shifting issues in london. SAM_1755.thumb.jpg.09ae01d43b96dc2e8b8cfe3a605a6d52.jpg

Maybe they should have selected 'abort' during print and not 'Brexit' ? :D

• Like 4

A year ago I saw a building that looked badly 3D printed (skipping steps everywhere) and then I did a digital monsters project with some friends, and I chose to design buildings with typical 3D printing errors. I only did warping, but I guess the next one will need to be skipping steps. :p

1_flowalistik_warping_3d-640x905.jpg

Edited by Guest
    • Like 2

Nice... a rockinghouse

• Like 1

It is pretty colorful for a rocking house ;)

I can see how stringing could function as some blinds too :p

Well in my area (Northeastern United States...Maine) we had severe thunderstorms and two tornado warnings...one verified. The weatherman on TV gave an interesting statement...watch out for lethal lightening. Really? We've had non-lethal before? :)

We've been told 'chance of thunderstorms' for days on end and none happen. But the one evening I have a 4.5 hour print underway, it strikes! Thankfully no power loss.

...and now, my Ulitmaker Original is plugged into a Battery Back-Up system, so should the power go, I have an 45 minutes of power on battery.

That is amazing :D I also like the idea of a battery powered UM, to print on the go. Somewhat like the posted 3D printing UM2 that made a trumpet while in the mail.

Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) is pretty standard in serverrooms, but I guess not many people use them on a printer... they are also pretty expensive if you want any decent backup time., so it's probably only useful in an area where you often have short power glitches.

and don't forget these things are not only expensive to buy... but you need to replace the battery after x amount of time ....

http://www.apc.com/shop/uk/en/categories/power/uninterruptible-power-supply-ups-/_/N-13quq79

A young guy somehow affiliated with UltimakerGB had a project for a battery pack for the UM2 GO a bit over a year ago. I don't know what happened to that project.

Edited by Guest

I'm not using anything special...just this APC model

Being a robot builder, I have several 12v 7ah batteries that will fit this.  I just hadn't thought to replace the APC battery and use it!  I have a couple of these APC Back Ups I used on my desktops a while back.  Since going to a laptop, which already has a battery, I hadn't thought to use them until yesterday   :)

The fancier ones have USB support and software, so when power fails, the computer software has the ability to close all the apps running and shut the computer down cleanly.

Edited by Guest

We use UPS's on a regular basis for the printers. Can't let those 40 hr print timelapses fail or we loose days!

we found 2x 2's with heated beds and 1x go is the limit before the UPS starts to whine.

• Like 1

We use UPS's on a regular basis for the printers. Can't let those 40 hr print timelapses fail or we loose days!

we found 2x 2's with heated beds and 1x go is the limit before the UPS starts to whine.

Which is the longest failed print you've ever experienced? For any reason, not only power loss.

(this question goes for everyone)