A Coffee between friends :-) How was Your Day ?

ian

Posted · A Coffee between friends :-) How was Your Day ?

At our modellers club here, it is a kind of tradition already to have exhibition in Armored Corps Museum at Latrun during yearly Passover festival there. So, we had it today. Along with some of the models, I also brought a few printing examples of the hot new technology - the 3D printing. They obviously caused a bit of stir. :smile:

While practically everyone have heard at least something about the 3D printing, not many had a chance to see some of the 3D printed toys, let alone - to hold them.

So, while entertaining the visitors, I thought that it is only thanks to this forum it was possible for me to achieve the little I did, and a few pictures would be a small token of the grattitude.

My stuff - mostly card models, some are plastic and some are printed in 3D :smile::

20140417 103507 Android Medium

Other models. First two pics are card models of unbelievable quality, others are plastic.

20140417 131354 Android Medium

20140417 131344 Android Medium

20140417 131326 Android Medium

20140417 131311 Android Medium

i think the heavy german ww2 halftrack made from paper is a just.. GAGA.. cool :-)

The panzer 3 afrika korp is also a real humdinger !

Shurik.. did you ever thing a few ultimaker users could pull together to model and print a really cool Diarama ?

Im not sure what but a group of King Tiger Tanks rolling over a small barn in the Ardennes Belgium 1944 (Battle of the Bulge) all 3d printed would be very cool.

Plus... just thinking.. im not sure if this was done yet ?

Im sure the modelling magazines would love to show off what we do with 3d printing Diarahmas ??

what ya think ? :-)

Ian :-)

Mein Freund,

The halftrack is made by a friend of mine from over 7,000 (seven thousand) paper parts. Most of them - re-worked or scratch-made, due to horrible quality of the original model.

This thing is mind-blowing - there are helmets and Mauser karabines in the lorry. Needless to say, the rest of the Panzers have all the internals built, including ready shells, engine, etc. He is a real Master.

About the dioramas - well, after I made the debut, we are about to talk about these projects with some of our members, yes. :-)

Awesome models Shurik, that guy has some great skills!

the dioramas sound great fun too :)

Just for you Ian. Look what I just finished putting up :p

pullupbar

okkk... cool.

I think I could lift myself up there a few dozen times... with a stool ;-)

Ian LOLL

So here comes the Irish chap back from his holidays and what does he do in the coffe and gossip corner....

SLIDE SHOW !!! ;-)

now everyone sit down.. take a nice cup of tea with a biscuit and lets get started... LOL

Yay!! Pics or it didn't happen!!

* settles down with a nice cup of coffee from his new half-way decent coffee maker, because the now-dead really awesome coffee make just spoiled him, and several weeks of instant coffee wasn't cutting it *

Ok here is the blog page with some photos from the trip.

Here is what happened.

Me and my girlfriend went car-camping for 8 days down in Bavaria Austria Lichenstein and back into the black forest.

We jumped into big swimming pools every two days.. we slept in the back of our car every day and we eat like kings...

plus the petrol and other little exspenses... we pulled this incredible marathon holiday off for the two of us for. a total of .....560 euros :smile: :smile: :smile:

http://3dinthebox.blogspot.com/2014/04/bavaria-austria-holiday-photos-2014.html

Leipzig

Nurenberg

Regensberg

Above Munich

Traunstein

Salzburg

Berchesgaden Austria

Wimml Austria

Konigsee

Innsbruck Austria

Lichenstein

Ulm Germany

Ogsburg Germany

LegoLand Germany

Leipzig

IMG_6791.jpg

Hey Ian,

Try airbnb next time. For Wiesbaden I found places to sleep for as little as 20€ (just searched on their site). Might be a nice alternative except for if you own an extremely comfy pimpmobile :)

Lovely photos, Ian - looks like you guys had a great time!

Awesome Ian !! :) Although a few too many pictures look like a professional advert for Ford Kuga`s lol. I have driven through Austria, beautiful place!

Now I need to go book a snowboard holiday.

Nice Ian! Thanks for the pictures. I love pictures. Okay now my turn...

Today (Monday) I watched the Marathon. It was a wonderful day. I took over 400 pictures. One of my pictures is feature on THE FRONT PAGE OF WIKIPEDIA! That's a first for me and no - it wasn't me that put it there!

It's the picture of the woman who won the race. You can click on the picture to see more. Also I took all 4 photos that are on this page (among other boston marathon related pages):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Boston_Marathon

front page

Hay George ! :-)

Thats really really cool !! :-)

How did they get one of your photos ? did you share it on facebook and it was ripped from there ?

Awesome gr5... although didn't they ask permission before using your pic?

I posted 4 pictures deep inside wikipedia on several boston marathon related pages. But someone took one of them and put it on the ITN (in the news) page. I posted one picture of each winner of each of the 4 main classes (male/female/wheelchair). All my pics are "CCSA" - "creative commons share-alike attribution". Same licenses used for my models on thingiverse or youmagine.

In that case... brilliant. Glad you made it to the front page :) You into photography? Which camera do you use?

At work right now... bored! Think I need a career change :???:

At work right now... bored! Think I need a career change :???:

Same here. Taking a sneak peek at the forum as often I get a chance.

Just want to get home and do some printing or modeling.

Guess your into photography as you asked Gr5 about it?

I photgraphed a lot some years ago.

Had a studio in the house but since moving to a flat a couple of years ago I have hardly taking any pictures at all.

I'm most inte studio shooting and it's to much work and not really enough place to set it up nowdays.

I love the idea of doing photography, I love the photographs that some people achieve... the magazines are amazing. I love the macro stuff... but, I`m too lazy and impatient to really be a good photographer. I went travelling for 5 weeks last year, around Peru and Bolivia, so I wanted a small camera which wasn't a hassle to carry around, but better than a crappy point & shoot.. I bought a Canon G15, amazing little gadget. I just have to learn how to use it lol

ok... just back from my latest and greatest meeting with the boss.. AHHHHHHH

Its amazing how predictable bullshit can be sometimes...

As I said before.. i got my job from the owner and the boss is scared to the bone to fire me.. but hes becoming a world expert in shutting me and my skills downs...

So today I took a tip.... i kept my bloody irish mouth closed...

And let him do the talking.

He offered me a deal where I can do further education after working hours and at the weekends.. for 5 years.. the company will pay for half of it and i just have to sign a contract that i must work for this company 3 years after I am finished.

So.... i already badly wasted 2.5 years of my life in this go no where work... god... please inspect my head and see if there is anything in there ?.... or I take the offer and basically shoot myself in the professional career head.....

Its like watching a fresh chicken pushing out of the egg shell... watching my life at this moment slowly cracking... and I cant blood wait to see it happen !

Now that was a good coffee break !! :wink: LOL

Ian :smile:

Well, then say NO. Or you could let him wait for a bit until your other job interviews are over and you got a new job.

bingo !!

I had one really great interview in Bavaria for a cool solidworks job.. actually designing maschines amazingly similiar in design to 3d printers... but muchhhhh bigger :-) HEHE

So... keep applying... find something interesting... and pays enough to live... then I automatically have two things I dont now...

or as the irish would say... just go out a win the lotto you fool !! LOL ;-)