How do I copy project settings Profiles from one Cura version to another in a macbook pro

Posted · How do I copy project settings Profiles from one Cura version to another in a macbook pro

I did find the same question in 2021. I am having to spend hrs copying each one and renaming  just like individual that posted the same question.  A person said from Team UltiMaker said that it should do it automatically. It does not!!!  I did not delete the previous version.  There  were no more responses. Does that mean there is no easy way to copy printer profiles over.

Posted · How do I copy project settings Profiles from one Cura version to another in a macbook pro

All settings should automatically copy from the newest previously installed version when you first launch a newer version. If for some reason it didn't, you can try copying the folder manually, as long as the previous version isn't too old (because if it is then Cura has to modify the settings to a current format as part of its initial startup).

Make sure Cura isn't running and go to the Cura configuration folder:

Macintosh HD\Users\[user_name]\Library\Application Support\cura\ - 'Library' is a hidden folder. To navigate to it quickly in a finder window, click 'Go' in the menu, hold 'ALT' to reveal the library window

There should be a folder for each major version (i.e. 5.7 also covers 5.7.1 and 5.7.2). Delete the one for the latest version, make a copy of the one from the last version you were using and rename it to the latest version (or whatever version you're using... which should be the latest version, unless you have a good reason not to run that).

Also worth noting: if you have Cura project files (.3mf) saved, those contain information about your printer instance and quality profile used for that project. If you load them in a fresh Cura install, it should create an instance of your printer as well as install the quality profile used for that project.