How to get 5.6.0 profiles into 5.7.2?

X-Type

Posted · How to get 5.6.0 profiles into 5.7.2?

Hi

Cura 5.6.0 have several different types of profiles that I have found useful, Like Engineering, Balanced, Visual and Draft.
In the later versions 5.7.1 and 5.7.2, these profiles have disappeared, and the only ones are Fine, Normal and Fast.

How do I get the sets of profiles from 5.6.0 into the latest version?

Thanks

Are you using the same printer? Those profiles (probably) come as presets and a printer definition file specifies what presets each printer has available to it (it's also based on nozzle size). These usually don't change - they often update quality profiles for UltiMaker printers in new versions, but for third party printers they're usually left as is.

(And if you're using the same printer - what printer?)

Anyway, try loading some Cura project files that use those quality profiles saved from 5.6 into the current version and hopefully it'll import them. If you uninstalled 5.6, at least on Windows and Linux and it's not a problem - on Windows you can have as many versions as you want installed side by side without interfering with each other (so 5.6 would happily live alongside 5.7.2) and on Linux you don't actually install it 🙂 so that one's easy. Not so sure about Macs, I hear they can have a bit of trouble but since I don't have one I'm not too sure about the specifics.

Yes same printer.
    It seems though the profiles are related to filaments, some filaments have the profiles, some don't. 
    There ought to be some easy way to make profiles that are available for one filament, to be available for all.

• Like 1

I'm wondering this too.

Updated from 5.7 to 5.7.2 and when I go to select a profile, I don't see that usual list of draft, fast, etc.  

I'm using Ultimaker Tough PLA and this is all I see.

image.png.bcefd046cbb9336e3da505913d7c8657.png

1 hour ago, LePaul said:

I'm using Ultimaker Tough PLA and this is all I see.

Looks like you may have a 0.25mm printcore selected. Cura only comes with "Fine" profiles for 0.25 mm printcores. Always has.

On 6/17/2024 at 4:27 PM, ahoeben said:

Looks like you may have a 0.25mm printcore selected. Cura only comes with "Fine" profiles for 0.25 mm printcores. Always has.

Great catch!  Thank you.