Post your latest print!

IRobertI

Posted · Post your latest print!

Prints in a print! A little color to brighten up some gray, rainy fall days here.

Flower model by 4frika: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1440472

I found the bowl on ScanTheWorld; I really want to take some more pictures of it from the side. The Matte fiber filament looks good, though I had to sink the model into the bed a few mm since it wasn't flat. https://www.myminifactory.com/object/3d-print-a-stemmed-bowl-54121

photo_2020-10-28_13-39-06.thumb.jpg.0883b937d2cae7a7c008a8151e20127d.jpg

• Like 5

Thanks! It's been a bit of a gray fall so far down here. I think I printed about 40 flowers over the 5 different colors. For the bowl/vase I scaled that up slightly so I could fit more flowers in it--and sunk it into the bed to give it a flat bottom.

It is also a good project to use the leftovers of the spools and you get something useful which looks nice. I will print it too, my wife will surely be happy about it.

Weather here is Austria is also not so nice, it gets dark at 5pm and it is cold and rainy.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
    Posted (edited) · Post your latest print!

Hello to the Ultimaker community. I've just printed a mobile phone stand, as a small gift to my nephew. It's a very simple object, but it's so satisfying to look at, especially the silky-smooth surfaces and complete lack of blemishes and imperfections. No post-processing was required, apart from pulling out some piece of support material for an overhang region.

Ultimaker S5,

Prima Select Yellow PLA,

Visual Profile / 0.15 mm Layer Height,

Default settings everywhere / no adhesion / PLA supports,

Printing time was around 8 hours.

What a wonderful printer. Almost never fails to amaze me every time I use it. Silky-smooth surfaces, no blobs, no blemishes, no need to mess with settings / trial-and-error, no worries, no fuss. Just add some glue to the build plate, load filament, send the job over the network and wait for the specified time. It's just wonderful.

Enjoy the photos.

IMG_20201126_094651.jpg

IMG_20201126_095801.jpg

IMG_20201126_095917.jpg

IMG_20201126_100225.jpg

IMG_20201126_100335.jpg

IMG_20201126_101217.jpg

IMG_20201126_102000.jpg

IMG_20201126_102350.jpg

IMG_20201126_102719.jpg

Edited by DrCeeVee
    • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
    • 3 weeks later...

Lema Green Cargo scale H0 (1:87)

First attempt.

UM3

Latest firmware, latest Cura

Tough PLA

0,25 AA core (default profile) except support, changed to 10%.

I think 8% will be better 

20201223_224027.jpg

20201224_000116.jpg

20201224_000205.jpg

20201224_000221.jpg

20201224_000239.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
    On 12/24/2020 at 6:43 AM, Gigi said:

Lema Green Cargo scale H0 (1:87)

First attempt.

UM3

Latest firmware, latest Cura

Tough PLA

0,25 AA core (default profile) except support, changed to 10%.

I think 8% will be better 

Nice! Do you have an undercarriage with electronics and motor already?

Anyway, here's a print from my side. It's actually one print.

Wooden parts: 0.8mm PLA with Natural Wood 

"Metal" parts: .25 nozzle, Tough PLA. 

All the parts were printed on one S5 plate with dual extrusion. So you basically print a DIY model kit. It's 12cm long like this. 🙂

image0 (1).jpg

image1.jpg

image0.jpg

• Like 4

@DrCeeVee I just only now saw your post. Very satisfying to see indeed, especially those layers on the side. Some people don't like them, but sometimes such nice layers are more beautiful than a smooth surface. Did your nephew like the phone holder?

1 hour ago, SandervG said:

@DrCeeVee I just only now saw your post. Very satisfying to see indeed, especially those layers on the side. Some people don't like them, but sometimes such nice layers are more beautiful than a smooth surface. Did your nephew like the phone holder?

Hi @SandervG, thanks for the comment. My nephew absolutely loved the gift! About layer visibility, I think that it depends on the printer. If the printer is of very high quality, such as the Ultimaker S5, and you also use high quality filament, the layers look almost like they are part of the design, they make the print stand out, and add an element of uniqueness to the object. I don't think an injection-moulded phone holder can look quite like this one!

• Like 1

At first, I thought: are you really going to slide downhill in a 3D-printed sled? What if it breaks? But then I saw the dimensions: 12cm.   :-)

The first photo, it laying upside down, looks really convincing.

• Like 2

Working model of wind turbine for O scale model railroad.  Stepper motor in base, vertical shaft, gears on top.

The base uses the 'fuzzy skin' function of Cura.  First time I have used that for a 'production' piece.

wt2.jpg

wt1.jpg

Edited by jsw
    • Like 4

This took 23.5 days to print the base and another 2 days to print the female figure. For the second time.....The first time the fingers did not print well. This whole print used almost 2KG of material, so it feels like it has some heft. The design came about when I found a few Ziegfeld Follies girls. It became this; pseudo-art deco influenced fractals and practical modeling.

BirthOfVenus_Paint_01.thumb.jpg.a8ddfde7de48ac45df8301c5f9afe53f.jpg

Other view directions of the full piece.

BirthOfVenus_Paint_02.thumb.jpg.1df7dd610176de59cc829b246f9d559b.jpg

BirthOfVenus_Paint_03.thumb.jpg.d31a6793fe7badf8e3c20fda86096724.jpg

I used a variety of paints on this whole thing. I also tried out a couple of Stuart Semple's products.

The hair was done using (ultimately)liquitex heavy body paints and the pearl topcoat (UnicornMilk is the paint's name).

It mixed nicely with the liquitex paints and gave me this nice abalone look in the hair.

BirthOfVenus_AbaloneEffectHair.thumb.jpg.7aa9c4691bd760664f71fa50078c3e52.jpg

The fingers came out nicely on the second print. The first print I did some Stuart Semple Paint tests on the first print. I always test on scrap materials. 🙂BirthOfVenus_Fingers_ok.thumb.jpg.0a752ad0d0c97ee8c111d9e59fdd7478.jpg

• Like 9

Looks epic!!! Really like it! Well done! 23 days. My patience wears thin after 1 day!

Edited by cloakfiend

It gave me time to think of the paints I wanted to use to get a certain look to the piece. Thanks! 🙂

That looks awesome @kmanstudios!

• Like 1

Small two-story office building for model railroad.

Pieces were built with both the S5 and the Prusa I3.

office1.jpg

• Like 3

That is nice 🙂 I like the design. Yours or based off of a real building?

1 hour ago, kmanstudios said:

That is nice 🙂 I like the design. Yours or based off of a real building?

Thanks.  😉

It's my own draft from scratch, but loosely based on any of several generic buildings of this type.

Now, does anyone care to guess which specific building this one pictured below was based on?  😉  (Hint: Look at the time.)  😉

rrnewx002-z.jpg

• Like 2

Great work 🙂 I do not know the building, but I am now hearing The Who's '5:15' in me wee little noggin 🙂 

Was the clock stopped by lightning?  🙂

I recognized it right away.  Not sure why.