Post your latest print!

IRobertI

Posted · Post your latest print!

3D printed compund bow. Everything is printed but the strings carbon arrows, and harware

shoots 20 meters

Wow suppper cool! you have video of it in action? does it work?

the files are not available... we sell these as model kits becasue demand does not justify expensive tooling for injection molding at this time. We've got a crossbow model kit coming out soon as well.

Here are my 2 brothers shooting their Gen 1's (previous picture posted is of a Gen 2, and we're selling the Gen 3's now)

That's really awesome! thanks for the video!

I decided it was time to stop using rubber bands and luck to keep my tablet stuck to the holder meant for my retired GPS in my car...

Quick and dirty with a big cutout to save time. Maybe I'll make it look fancier once I have to re-print it in XT once summer returns.

Also, GPS navigation is such a blessing for people like me who can barely find their way back home from the store. Thank goodness for technology.

nexusHolder1

nexusHolder2

3D printed compund bow. Everything is printed but the strings carbon arrows, and harware

shoots 20 meters

Pretty cool. I was actually thinking of doing one, just to learn a little about how the forces in a compound bow work.

I spiralized myself a classic vase at max height. Material: ColorFabb XT. Layer height: 0.1, speed: 40 (very slow). Took 8 hours, I'm satisfied:

I spiralized myself a classic vase at max height. Material: ColorFabb XT. Layer height: 0.1, speed: 40 (very slow). Took 8 hours, I'm satisfied:

Looks like a nice print that! I like

Ladies and Gentlemen I present to you, the USBO! (the Unidentified Serial Bus Object)

Not quite finished yet, but will be very soon...

IMG_4591_zpsb6afe7f6.jpg

IMG_4593_zps4b28026c.jpg

IMG_4594_zps2d901111.jpg

IMG_4595_zps7db36f1b.jpg

I want to believe

I've been re-watching X-Files since they are being broadcast in awesome re-mastered HD now. I've run out of episodes now though :( I have the rest in normal DVD quality but I can't go back to that now, I have been spoiled.

Trying out some stuff. A project box thingy with NinjaFlex "grip" all around and nuts captured inside (can't be seen obviously) to give the screws something proper to grab onto.

caseWithRubberSurround1

caseWithRubberSurround2

Few more of it finished (I think)

IMG_4605_zpsebbcd6dd.jpg

IMG_4604_zps23be7900.jpg

IMG_4603_zps4c18d7c4.jpg

shoots 20 meters

Did you design it or can I download it anywhere?

I designed it. No you can't download it anywhere, but I have posted a free step file of the real bow (large) on GrabCad for active GrabCad members. I'll make those available for Active/contributing Ultimaker members as well if you need a step file of a compound bow.

https://grabcad.com/library/compound-bow-hoyt-charger-1

You shouldn't give away files if you don't want to.

@nightwish, you can buy them on his website.

I don't mind giving away the files for the large bow. You can't print it (and expect it to work). If you grab the step file of the bow, it's a good starting point, but you'll need to change about 99% of the parts for print. As well as scale.

Again, it is a really good starting point though, and it's my way of saying thanks to people who give back to the online communities like GrabCad and Ultimaker

Great work SolidPrint3D!

Very nice design of your kits.

I'm currently refurbish my 20 years old Brown Bear compound bow which looks not so high tech like the hoyt you designed.

Again, great work...

B.t.w. Do you deliver overseas??? Could be a nice christmas present :-)

Thanks for the reply

I designed it. No you can't download it anywhere, but I have posted a free step file of the real bow (large) on GrabCad for active GrabCad members. I'll make those available for Active/contributing Ultimaker members as well if you need a step file of a compound bow.

https://grabcad.com/library/compound-bow-hoyt-charger-1

No problem. It's a interesting theme that's why I asked and it's very ok if you do not want give it away or it's your business.

You shouldn't give away files if you don't want to.

@nightwish, you can buy them on his website.

I agree. Everybody may of course say no without any problem in my eyes.

I don't mind giving away the files for the large bow. You can't print it (and expect it to work). If you grab the step file of the bow, it's a good starting point, but you'll need to change about 99% of the parts for print. As well as scale.

Again, it is a really good starting point though, and it's my way of saying thanks to people who give back to the online communities like GrabCad and Ultimaker

Thanks for this, appreciate it very much.

Btw: I'm shooting a blank longbow, I don't have to try printing such.. :)

Hi,

printed with innofil3d, 0.1mm layer, 50mm/s, no supports. Brim active. Printtime 13h.

I will print this model again, because it prints super, but at a larger scale.

Greets Dirk

IMG 1829

IMG 1830

IMG 1831

IMG 1825

IMG 1828

Looks a great little kit dirk. Is that on youmagine or thingiverse ? My niece turns 7 in a couple of weeks :)

Isn't that a character from a movie Makerbot has dips in?

They first launch the characters and the movie comes later?

I believe I read about it.

Isn't that a character from a movie Makerbot has dips in?

They first launch the characters and the movie comes later?

I believe I read about it.

Yeah, it's 'Margo' from the new production company 'Bold Machines' that Bre Pettis (I still feel strangely betrayed whenever I come across his name...) is heading now he stepped down as CEO of Makerbot.

They have released the models for 2 of their characters now (on Thingiverse, obviously):

Margo

Mr. Walthersnap (The villian).

and according to their blog they will be providing more models in the weeks to come.

They seems nicely modelled and all are already broken up in individual parts and optimized for build orientation, I was rather impressed. Haven't had the time to look at them for long, but looking at the biggest parts, it seems possible to print all parts at 200% size. When I have time they may be just what I need to finally start 'brushing up' on my airbrush and painting skills.

Nice thanks for the info! My niece will have an extra toy to assembly on her birthday :)