Post your latest print!

IRobertI

Posted · Post your latest print!

jep and they came out pretty nice. Good job! But here we have dome larger details big kurved surfaces etc. This is very good for manual grinding, sanding whatever. At smaller pieces it can be a bit more tricky to get smooth surfaces by hand. Possible of course with some exercise.

Looks great! I think it printed better than mine did :p no troubles with the pin?

It took a few tries to get it right, but it was a good learning experience as I hadn't printed anything that small before. I printed most of the parts at a little lower layer height, so maybe that's why they look better. Great design though, everything fits together quite nicely and I love those interlocking bits as they hold quite well.

Looking forward to following your tutorial once I get around to getting an airbrushing system.

oh, nice shape! Did u design by yourself or did u find somewhere online?

There is a similar one on thingiverse but had incorrect hole size for sparrows and to many other issues so i designed my own.

Ohhh... Lightsabre in bronzefill print i shall !!

Isn't there one on YouMagine?

I haven't posted much in a while now since I've been so busy printing day and night for so many different people in so many different colors and today I noticed I never posted this.

This is one of the first things I did with my printer in past June... Simple xbox 360 controller stick but you can unsrew the head and swap it.

IMG 20140621 000121

IMG 20140622 105722

Impressively my favorite is this one for playing Soul Calibur :D

IMG 20140622 105613

I'll put them on Youmagine at some point.

Some test of mixing traditionnal drawing technic (pencil, sculpting stamps...) with 3D printing. This was during a workshop for microediting with a cooperativ of artists. All the 3D printing is done with procedural textures in Blender.

The book should be finished within one or 2 months.

DSC07751-nggid03256-ngg0dyn-0x0x100-00f0w010c010r110f110r010t010.JPG

DSC07748.JPG

DSC07734.JPGDSC07755.JPG

@lepaul

Yup! here! https://www.youmagine.com/designs/star-wars-lightsaber-complex-version#!design-information

Be sure to use the updated switch. this is MUCH easier to assemble and print.

https://www.youmagine.com/designs/light-saber-pin-and-switch-revision

@skint

Ohh.. Bronze one would be fancy indeed.

@viralata

That's really neat! And the UMO looks like it's producing some really nice top surfaces.

I bought a large Thumbler tumbler because of that guy's videos, Nicolinux. Made a few parts of the light saber model out of bronzefill and let 'em tumble all night in water, steel pins and soap. They definitely came out shiny in some areas, but not nearly as light and bright as that guy's owl.

Finally made one of those lightsabers. Really impressed at how well it turned out.

I've been meaning to try my hand at editing the switch section so the pieces on either end of it interlock like the two top pieces do. I'm thinking the floating part inside that holds the two round switches in place could fill the area more and be solid with the female three-point connector on both ends, male connectors on the grenade and heat sink. Then the pin could go back to just being a pin that holds the outer clip in place and not the entire core of the hilt. LOVE the design and look/feel of it. Very happy it was one of the first things I printed.

Hey Randy,

It is not my video, I just linked it.

I think the shininess comes from the materials used inside the tumbler. The original video creator trieds some shiny silverish stuff. Maybe give that a try.

I've been meaning to try my hand at editing the switch section so the pieces on either end of it interlock like the two top pieces do. I'm thinking the floating part inside that holds the two round switches in place could fill the area more and be solid with the female three-point connector on both ends, male connectors on the grenade and heat sink. Then the pin could go back to just being a pin that holds the outer clip in place and not the entire core of the hilt. LOVE the design and look/feel of it. Very happy it was one of the first things I printed.

The simple version of the Lightsaber is close to what you describe. It has a solid clamp part with a 3 prong connector on both sides. The center clamp is a solid piece, but the buttons and pin/switch are integrated into the part. Check it out here.

https://www.youmagine.com/designs/star-wars-lightsaber-normal-version#!comments

The original video creator trieds some shiny silverish stuff. Maybe give that a try.

I used the same stuff he used. He first tries with deck screws, then gets some tiny steel pins. I used the pins and the lemon bright soap stuff. I can try again and let it go for a few days and see if that helps. Oh, I also tried rubbing the model with brasso, which didn't seem to do anything at all.

The simple version of the Lightsaber is close to what you describe. It has a solid clamp part with a 3 prong connector on both sides. The center clamp is a solid piece, but the buttons and pin/switch are integrated into the part. Check it out here.

https://www.youmagine.com/designs/star-wars-lightsaber-normal-version#!comments

I will check the simple version out. I love the way the parts came out in the complex version, just wanted the tighter, more secure connection for that one section.

Here's how it looks now. 2nd has bronzefill parts. I tried printing the heat sink out of flexible black PLA, but it had too much road rash on the outer surface. Couldn't get the material to print smooth enough, so just used black ABS instead. If you look closely, you'll see the switch is printed in transparent XT. I have a Hasbro Luke lightsaber and the bubble switch part is almost identical in size/shape! Excellent modeling, Valcrow!

gallery_36070_1222_14748.jpggallery_36070_1222_307383.jpggallery_36070_1222_411271.jpg

Nice light saber ! My bronzefill print is losing rapidely its shinyness. It may be due to the cloth I use to protect it, but I wanted to know if others have the same issue.

By the way, my latest print: letters randomly generated in Blender for my fablab:

DSC07786.JPG?i=930763270

DSC07787.JPG

^^^Love those letters Viralata!

That bronzefil on the lightsaber looks pretty good. Did you print the black grenade part on its side instead of standing straight up? Maybe it's just the pic or the fact I've been drinking, but the layer lines look horizontal.

Printed the black grenade part of the lightsaber standing up. That's just the pattern that printed. I've never had anything else display that kind of pattern, so I'm guessing it wasn't my machine? I kinda like it, actually :)

@VIRALATA

love those letters ! if it's not to complicated can you explain how to do it in Blender?

printed a laarman chair at 40% scale.

Rather rough at o.2 layer and high speed.... printquality is very poor...

Scaling down caused little play between the parts so sanding was needed. specially the tiny parts of the top rows came out very bad but I just didn't have the patience to make a better one.

looks pretty nice from a distance ;)

stoel3x

I love that chair, i've seen the full size version it's amazing :) my wife wants me to print one, it's just a matter of time (or number of available printers :mrgreen: )