Post your latest print!

IRobertI

Posted · Post your latest print!

Last time i printed at that speed Labern, I ended up with a clogged nozzle.. Atomic method solved it. maybe coincidence that I was using bronze, but never clogged before. Colorfab also suggest a slightly faster flow. I have also printed a bit with it at normal speed though!

That looks awesome SP3D! What material is that? Yeah was such a simple enjoyable print.

I have still NOT touched my bronzefill version, I kinda like the rough bronze look... but it will get polished one day.

What software is used to generate the complex support structures I sometimes see here?

What software is used to generate the complex support structures I sometimes see here?

I think most use free Meshmixer.

Hi,

once again a Stargate print . This time the conference room emblem.

Printed with innofill3d silver metallic, layer 0.1, 50mm / s in approximately 10h.

IMG 2119

IMG 2120

IMG 2121

Looks great Dirk !! 10 hours seems long for that though :O

The older children amongst us may remember these metal springy toys that we used to get, remember letting the fall down the stairs ?

coil Toy

Anyway, rather than print one... I seem to get a FREE one at the end of every ultimaker coil of filament :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Blue Toy

I always "Like" StarGate content but those low poly circles really bug me.

I dont really know stargate so thought the hex shapes were on purpose lol :p

The older children amongst us may remember these metal springy toys that we used to get, remember letting the fall down the stairs ?

Anyway, rather than print one... I seem to get a FREE one at the end of every ultimaker coil of filament :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Yeah those are really coiled up tight... almost to the point of being unusable because they require so much force to unroll that the feeder has a very hard time.

@BaasB - Really nice work! Love the airbrushing. What kind of airbrush system do you have? I've been tossing around the idea of getting one since I saw Valcrow's awesome video on the lightsaber and am wondering what brand you have.

@Skint - That turned out great, while I'm curious to see what it would look like polished, the colour right now lends itself very well to the skull. Nice job!

In regards to the coiled filament, wrap it tightly around another roll with at least half the filament left on it and let it sit for at least 3 days. That did the trick with a roll I recently had the exact same problem with and I was able to print right to the end of it. And I only have the stock feeder.

Hi all, a lot of great prints here :)

It's been a long time without showing anything here so here i go

Test print of my wife (with the sense) printed in Orange in 0.1mm.

20150111 210338

20150111 211154

Turned out pretty nice, will probably do it in Bronzefill or BambooFill lately

Then this is the well known yoda bust, printed at 60 microns, inner shell at 40mm/s and outershell at 30mm/s (it gives a really smooth surface). The layers are invisible, it's awesome!

20150111 210547

20150111 210558

20150111 210537

20150111 210758

20150109 134113

@Blizz, TinyDancer

Yeah I hate those end of rolls. I used to re-coil them and use them, but lately I cant be bothered and just leave them until I need a small bit of filament for a poor quality job.

TinyDancer... I love that song!

Nice job on the Yoda Didier! Is he from Thingiverse?>

No he is from Dagobah :p

Yes it's one of the many yoda busts on thingiverse i think it's http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:10650 but not sure!

Hey Nico,

Congratulations on the upgrade. :grin:

#TinyDancer,

Thanks! I have an Evolution Silverline from Harder&Steenbeck. And I looove this airbrush regarding ease of use and, especially, cleaning it is a breeze. This in combination with a Sparmax TC-620X compressor. It's not the cheapest, but the compressor is not something you want to save money on ;) . It is very quiet and is pressurized to 4 bar in about 40 seconds.

This was my first airbrushed model and I have a lot more to practice. I think painting the prints makes them even more interesting then they already are!

Another very useful print since each one of these corners costs $15.00 plus tax when store bought. I needed another raised plant bed for some edibles. I'm interested to see how long these PLA printed corners will last through the summer months here in Florida. I used cedar for wood with a couple coats of UV, mold, and pest resistant sealer.

The dimensions are 3' x 5' x 6"H. I designed it to allow multiple stacking levels with 3/4" PVC pipe to slide through the corners to secure it even more and to be able to close in the plants from critters.

The wood costs about $24.00, PVC about $4.00, and the plastic was about 1/2 a roll.

Anyhow here are some pics.

Raised Plant Bed

Plant Bed

2015 01 12 16.39.25

2015 01 12 16.39.07

2015 01 12 16.45.08

Excited by the recent yoda print I 've also tried my luck.

The settings were something similar to that of didier.

The details are really great!

@Chrisp: That will be very interesting to see how it holds up in a year or two. People often ask about the biodegradability of PLA and that looks like an excellent test for it.

Biodegradable or not, plastics tend to have a hard time outside anyway. If things have not been UV proofed in some way they will degrade fairly quickly. The sun is unforgiving in that respect.

I put a couple of plastic containers that are intended for use inside the house on the balcony. The first summer they were fine, after the winter they were completely useless. They turned brittle to the point that any slight force would break the things to bits, whereas they were really quite tough before.

That does not detract from this experiment though, I am most interested to see how this works out in the longer run.