Post your latest print!

IRobertI

Posted · Post your latest print!

@rigs: nice result, how did you get the colors, blue and green?

I got some nice results with the old S39 tin flux with acid. Just let it dry overnight and rinse of the residue and let it dry. (the picture was before the rinse, the green becomes lighter)

Did you use ammoniac for the blue?

bronzefill and copperfill

@rigs: nice result, how did you get the colors, blue and green?

I got some nice results with the old S39 tin flux with acid. Just let it dry overnight and rinse of the residue and let it dry. (the picture was before the rinse, the green becomes lighter)

Did you use ammoniac for the blue?

A friend ( Panoramix ) gave me the recipe for a magic potion

20150412 084529

1 part salt

1 part ammoniac

1 part vinegar

Apply with a brush and out !

For the green must be quick drying

For blue must drying overnight

Good luck !

Printed this in 1/87, ABS white.

20150403 13321720150403 13322420150403 13323320150403 13325020150403 13325820150403 13331520150403 13333620150403 13334420150403 133349

Cheers

Kris

A friend ( Panoramix ) gave me the recipe for a magic potion

Those druids always have some interesting secrets :)

panoramix.jpg

So quiet in here since the forum update :O

To me it looks like the "Prints" section is supposed to take that content now.

However, if so the default sorting order there makes no sense. I should be latest first not best rated first.

Yeah, it looks like that's the idea. The thread had a pretty good run though, 3 years, 3000 posts and a quarter million views. Not too bad.

I agree with foehnsturm though, you can't even choose "Latest first" as a sort option. Makes it harder to just have a quick look at what the latest prints are. I have a feeling there wont be much discussion going on either. Oh well.

Posted (edited) · Post your latest print!

Lets just keep on using this tread for anything that needs additional comments, and only the "super fine final prints" for the prints section...

Here's my ;latest print. wanted to test the support of Simplify3D, like it, easy to remove and easy to manually place.

Made this little bronzefill thing cause I need a few tests for a mini tumbler I'm currently building...

S3Dsupport2.thumb.jpg.1bf58fbeb5d872524624b848f3bfed88.jpg

S3Dsupport1.thumb.jpg.b963d30d0639c52f6079914ddad1c129.jpg

S3Dsupport3.thumb.jpg.990402691c931e61e69b2e8c6ba8a808.jpg

S3Dsupport2.thumb.jpg.1bf58fbeb5d872524624b848f3bfed88.jpg

S3Dsupport1.thumb.jpg.b963d30d0639c52f6079914ddad1c129.jpg

S3Dsupport3.thumb.jpg.990402691c931e61e69b2e8c6ba8a808.jpg

Edited by Guest

Yeah the new forum is a little tricky to get around.

tumbler.thumb.jpg.142196425a2b4c050e3b26fbd1e7100e.jpg

Tumbling failure... totally underestimated the friction needed on the drive wheel, have to firmly push on it to keep the heavy jar full of screws turning...

Back to the drawing board:)

• Like 2

11202544_1052553238107084_486130075_n.jpg
    • Like 3

Very interesting print! Would you mind elaborating on what exactly it is we are looking at?

What did you do to post process?

did you print everything we see?

I reckon the apple would of exploded :)

Cool print.

The "Print Section" is actually quite good. I also think that we should further use this thread as a general Discussion platform. Would be nice if we could easy link to the print item in the galery, no?

Maybe I missed that, but can you not direclty link to pictures in the Print section but only to pictures from your Gallery? Would be cool if we would be only required to have ONE Gallery not Gallery AND Print (I hope you get it).

Anyway Pictures of my grips for my youngest son printed in Blue NinjaFlex:

5a330d2e3e0ef_2015-04-2907_37_58.thumb.jpg.5b15089c5038d248c5add99db91f95e1.jpg

and the link to the Print.

5a330d2e3e0ef_2015-04-2907_37_58.thumb.jpg.5b15089c5038d248c5add99db91f95e1.jpg

That's a good suggestion for further developments i think

And please add click and zoom on pc and mobile device...

That is indeed a good point, I will include it in our to do list, just like zoom (which was also mentioned before.)

For now I think you have found the best solution yourself already, by adding a link.

Thank you, very cool print!

No problems using Ninjaflex?

I have also printed a watch from Ninjaflex, really cool stuff!

Thanks @SandervG, yes, Ninjaflex is really cool. I love the touch and feel. I also printet one of the small waving octopus with 10% infill. Really squishy and great to touch.

Would you mind showing your watch? I love watches... ;)

In general, yes, not easy to print at all with a bowden based system. For me those things helped (I have a lot of those points from the forum!):

• Rather high temperature, especially for the first few layers (245)
    • When changing to Ninjaflex, or any other Flex, make sure you extrude a bit more in the begining up to the point where the print starts, keeps the flow, minimised the underextrusion in the begining
    • slow printing of course 25 mm/s did the job for me
    • unroll the spool before you start printing, reduce the stress on the extruder / flow of filament extruded
    • don't abort prints early, take yourself some time, see how things evolve (normaly flow will get better after the first few layers if you have not had a good flow in the beginning)
    • if you feel after a few layers, there is still some underextrusion, tighten the extruder, as it's flexible, I am not worried about grinding, just make sure it moves fwd! try again
    • No Oils / wd40 etc. for me

Might be easier to print with SemiFlex (as stiffer) but was not able to test it out.

Edited by Guest
    typo...grr
    • Like 1

jep, Robert and Foehnsturm

that is always the problem when somebody gets the pin in his head that something well running has to be improved. In most cases no improvement but confusion. Really a bad idea not to offer a "latest first" sort option. For me also annoying this top bar going always up and down when scrolling the forum list with mouse wheel.

But... it's their decision - I'm only a dumb user. They can to with their forum whatever they like to do of course and I also realize that there's no development without improving but for me it was somehow disappointing. I also see that at any change there will be people complaining... so please give a sh... on my comment.  I was ready to post some new prints I made but now I lost motivation somehow. Nevertheless I have to say thank you to the Ultimaler staff that they are running a community site which is really helpful. So maybe I have to take a cup of tea and calm down :-)

Edited by Guest
    • Like 1

Very interesting print! Would you mind elaborating on what exactly it is we are looking at?

What did you do to post process?

did you print everything we see?

Thanks! It's a print based on the high speed photography experiments by Harold Edgerton, everything was printed on an Ultimaker2, .1 layer, .08 wall, 10% infill, 10% line support. Designed/kitbashed using tinkercad and meshmixer.. Post process involved lots of chanting and elf tears.

Posting a link to a larger photo has other problems - mainly the link will break "soon". If you use imgur it will probably break within a few months. If you use drop box it will break when you clean up your drop box because you ran out of space. And so on. And it would be nice if these photos lasted for years and not months or even just a few days.