Post your latest print!

IRobertI

Posted · Post your latest print!

Sorry but the car was drawn by hand by friends grandfather, so the resulting electronic IP is not mine to share - and I dont think my friend would like that. Its a very personal thing that was made by me - just for him.

But I am glad you like the photos at least...

i had a big 123d catch weekend with friends :-)

and got a very nice 3d model from everyone that was there... but my girlfriend had the right of first print...

Ian :-)

good-orthia-head.jpg

Reconstructing a racing car from blueprints, CAD model and 3D Printing UMaker.

Was a wedding gift for my friend whos grandfather had done the original drawings (and raced the car)

in Mexico in the `50s. He liked it !

Here is a weblink. Faster and easier in this new forum....

http://www.calumdouglas.ch/3d-printing/3d-print-projects/

Lovely project !! :-)

Ian

Sharing the HAPPINESS :-) ......... ultimaker was able to open the eyes of a wonderful blind women

I just wanted to share these 3 photos I made tonight.

I sometimes forget that when I use my ultimaker for work and building models... that they are also a window into amazment and magic.

And that was the feeling I had this evening.

My girlfriend who is blind took part in a little photo shoot at the weekend, where we converted her photos into a high quality 3d model using autodesks 123d catch software.

After 27 hours printing, my girlfriends PLA clone was finished..

For sighted people, we would just look and say wow cool.. but for a blind person.. that was real ... amazment in her eyes... she was able to put her hands on her face, her complete head.. see aspects of herself that she never knew before.

We just look in the mirror every morning infront of an electric toothbrush and take all that visual information for granted... but not a blind person..

Once again my ultimaker was able to open the eyes of a wonderful blind women... THANK YOU !!

ot1.jpg

ot2.jpg

ot3.jpg

Hi Ian, great print and a very good concept!

I wonder what the next step is in your project..

first the PLA family grows.. then they get used to make something even cooler !

Ian ;-)

IMG_3233small.JPG

did you notice the sexy ultimaker red PLA ? ;-)

Ian

I am trying to print a few letters for a newborn in the family. These are letters I made for my Voronoi Alphabet. I have posted the files on Youmagine and Thingi. They all print fine with the following settings:

layer 0.2

retraction on

speed 40

brim on

support to buildplatform

infill 0%

Sorry for the crappy photo:

IMAG0178

and now the brother of my girlfriend joins the gang :-)

Seriously... a clean normal ultimaker and its like a printing machine gun.... BANG BANG BANG...:-) :-) :-)

hott2.jpg

hott3.jpg

hott4.jpg

There is an option in Cura for closing gaps, Expert --> Open expert settings --> Fix Horrible, you can choose between type A and B.

I use 123D Disign and sometimes parts won't join in that program and I also get gaps.

Dree

little tip...

take your exported stl from 123 catch... bring the stl into a free 3d program like blender, remove all the crazy polygons that surround your object, save again now as stl.

bring the stl into netfabb

click auto repair and netfabb will close up the model for you.

NOW you have a closed clean mesh.

Bring your cleaned closed mesh into some nice free sculpting software to sharpen up the desigg, then export out as stl...

Then Cura it and print..

Hope the tip helps.

Nobel Prize shortlist!!.......

I think we have to put the guy/girl who came up with the glass plate idea, on the Nobel prize shortlist for 2014!

as well as the one who came up with the idea of using a 50ct glue stick on that same glass plate!!!

Best update/upgrade ever.

Yesterday I was surprized by the effect of printing FlexPla directly on the glass.

Fles PLA on glass

Today I finished a ABS Fanduct with only a little bit, 0.5mm warping, will warp back if I bolt the fan on it.

Without a Heated Bed....

First one directly on the glass was a disaster...

But then I stole my daughter's 50ct Glue stick. Put it on the glas plate and woohw.... It worked :eek:

Not a nice print.. stringing and oozing, but I don't care, it's functional... :).

All Credits to the Glue on Glass Guy....

Glues stick ABS

Gluestick ABS

why is your material turning black in the middle of print ?

why is your material turning black in the middle of print ?

Ian :smile:

Ai.... should have made a B/W picture..

Infected by the Black Pla from an earlier print :???:.

If you like I, could run it trough Photoshop, but ain't gonna make a new one!! :-P

can i ask... i havent tried this gluestick idea yet.. or pritstick in england and ireland...

But I do have a heated bed on one of my ultimaker 1s at home, i put some bluetape or larger painters tape on the heated bed.. cook the bed up to 70 degreens, then print the first two or three layers nice and slow and careful,, then bring up the speed and BINGO... super flat super clean model....

Why not just use a little tape like the ultimakre 1 ? on the heated surface... the tape comes off in one go... the glue stuff.... not so sure ? ;-)

But you don't get a mirror finish on the bottom with the tape. I think that's what people are enjoying with the gluestick approach.

can i ask... i havent tried this gluestick idea yet.. or pritstick in england and ireland...

But I do have a heated bed on one of my ultimaker 1s at home, i put some bluetape or larger painters tape on the heated bed.. cook the bed up to 70 degreens, then print the first two or three layers nice and slow and careful,, then bring up the speed and BINGO... super flat super clean model....

Why not just use a little tape like the ultimakre 1 ? on the heated surface... the tape comes off in one go... the glue stuff.... not so sure ? :wink:

Ian :smile:

Hi Ian,

when there is or comes a heated bed upgrade or kit, I order one. but for now I had to try the gluestick.

And my daughters Prittstick from Henkel, is easy to remove with a knife. or some water.

A multi-part print of a space shuttle launching. The stripes I put on later with a black and red marker. Especially I like the launch-cloud which looks kinda realistic.

Space Shuttle 1

Space Shuttle 2

please tell me this is on youmagine some where... HOW BRILLIANT IS THAT !!!

A multi-part print of a space shuttle launching. The stripes I put on later with a black and red marker. Especially I like the launch-cloud which looks kinda realistic.

Thanks Ian. The files are on Thingiverse.

The space shuttle:

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:10228

The launch cloud:

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:150212

Have fun! ;)

HO Scale people and cars

Everything white in this picture is HO scale (1/87 real life) for my nephews train set. The man on the far left - when it got to his head it just never turned solid so his head is a ball of mush. I printed the next 3 people at the same time but there was massive stringing to remove even though I printed very slow and cold (25mm/sec 190C). I had to remove lots of strings with the dremel. Still I am easily pleased and hope he likes these people. The Porche and the Jeep came out great though.

The orange bits near their waists must have come from my previous print (background). I guess sometimes it takes a long time for some of the pieces to dislodge and fall into the flow of molten plastic.

Hehe, the grumpy pumpkin looks cool. Need to get some orange PLA...

Hi all

I got my second hand UM1 a few weeks ago and I am currently learning all the ins and outs of the printer itself as well as Cura. Yesterday and today I tried printing my first prints with support.. This one is a model by a friend of mine:

Cura%20settings_1.pngCura%20settings_2.pngFront_with_support.jpg

I deduce the cause of death to be blunt force trauma to the head. Lol. Too much CSI?

Looks good - so how does it look *after* you remove the support? :)