Post your latest print!

IRobertI

Posted · Post your latest print!

Just a "head"s up for my latest print.

took a lot of work to get the support material in the mouth and eyes removed.

started sanding the front, but PLA is not easy to sand, and still have ridges in the print.

IMG_1035.JPG

This is great! Did you try printing the head without support?

started sanding the front, but PLA is not easy to sand, and still have ridges in the print.

IMG_1035.JPG

This is great! Did you try printing the head without support?

I did not dare too, the mouth and eyes are what makes the facial expression, and drips would probably ruin it.

Christmas Figures

My wife loves her old Christmas figures. But the head of one of the three Magi was missing, must have been decades when it got lost.

I created models with 123D Catch, one of the remaining body and of one intact figure, then took Blender and combined the fracture surface of the first with the head of the second. Because the figures are less than 10cm, the details of the scan were not overhelming, but I think after painting, and considering the dimmed light of a Chrismas crib, my wife will adore the Ultimaker even more (she already loves it, really, this source of helpful items for the home :cool: )

Ultimaker saves Christmas!! Alert the media!! :-P

i really think with a low layer value 0.1mm.. you could print this without supports quite nicely !

plus you might get tiny wiskery over the mouth... BUT... pluck these away and you have a super print without supports.

I dont think even the top of the open eyes would be a problem...

Ian :-)

IMG_1035.JPG

i really think with a low layer value 0.1mm.. you could print this without supports quite nicely !

plus you might get tiny wiskery over the mouth... BUT... pluck these away and you have a super print without supports.

I dont think even the top of the open eyes would be a problem...

Ian :smile:

I did print this at 0.1mm, I just wanted to play safe, and not have a ruined print after 12 hours :-P

and you can't choose where you want support, and where not, and I find the support feature severely lacking in the last few Cura updates, it is harder to remove, and doesn't always creates support where it is really needed.

I'm starting to learn to add my own support in Rhino3D, this saves print times, and I can choose where to put it.

Printed the lower forearm, took it real slow to get a nice print. and worked pretty good :cool:

needs a little work, but it is more easy to work on the physical model then in CAD :-P

IMG_1038.JPG

You could of also cut C3PO's head in half, through the side and printed both parts flat, then bond them together.

You could of also cut C3PO's head in half, through the side and printed both parts flat, then bond them together.

unfortunately the halves are not flat :(

and for this size I will not bother doing halves, and it is better to print upright anyway, it is better for the details :)

for the life size parts, those will be printed in halves, and will be more easy to mold

This little Dragon is from an animation project of mine... top render is a frame from the animation.

I'm finding it preferable to print in parts, then assemble rather than mess around with overhangs and supports. None of my prints are considered final parts, I'm a fan of molding and casting, so a bit of filler here and there is fine.

TD print

Looks very good Braddock!

I am very curious to see your process and the final results!

This little Dragon is from an animation project of mine... top render is a frame from the animation.

I'm finding it preferable to print in parts, then assemble rather than mess around with overhangs and supports. None of my prints are considered final parts, I'm a fan of molding and casting, so a bit of filler here and there is fine.

Awesome!!

Is that a toothbrush?

Very curious about the final results, too.. ;)

After 10 Hour print, the upper arm part is done, the joints between the lower and upper arm are movable :)

I added some details just to see how it would turn out, and it looks fantastic, even the knurling on the detail is well done at this scale, I love the Ultimaker :mrgreen:

printed with 0.06mm steps

IMG_1042.JPG

IMG_1040s.jpg

first print on UM2

My very first print on my brandnew UM2...... yeeeeehaaaaa

My very first print on my brandnew UM2...... yeeeeehaaaaa

Van Harte Cor!!!!!!

Op naar de volgende.....

Here are two small models of a east German train station that our company restored this year.

ultimaker.jpg

also a nice photo of chocolate Christmas pralines that we are just finished. created 3d models of our heads.. printed them with an ultimaker 1 and then made silicon negative molds and filled them with jummy chocolate and filled each head with 7 different fillings... yum yum yum.. :-)

unnamed.jpg

a few of the better photos i took during our 24 hour praline marathon :-)

photo+1.JPG

photo+2.JPG

photo+3.JPG

photo+4.JPG

photo+5.JPG

Ian!!! SEND US SOME! :p

We need it for uhm... research purposes! :mrgreen:

did you really think... I wasn't going to send a few boxes to help the ultimaker crew into 2014 ;-)

I've had my Ultimaker 2 a little more than a week now.

First let me say that I am extremely impressed with the way this machine works and how easy it is to work on.

I am a beginner in the 3D world when it comes to all aspects, such as, designing 3D objects within a program and using 3D printers.

I started using Moment of Inspiration about 2 months ago while waiting for my Ultimaker 2 to arrive and managed to design numerous objects for fun and for work.

The prints shown here are some I downloaded from Thingiverse and some that I created.

The sunglass arms and phone case is set to the highest quality. (the sunglass arms are 8" inches in height) these came out really nice without any extra support than the brim option.

2014l

The Iron Giant is one of my favorite animated films, so I modeled this yesterday and printing / painting it as a Christmas gift for someone.

giant printing

remember to make some cool photos before you sent the print on its way !!