Post your latest print!

IRobertI

Posted · Post your latest print!

aaand a latest update on a print: a league of legends character called Cho'gath:

After Illuminarti's dragon post i'd changed the supports with meshmixer and this is the third print.

Still need to remove the support, but until now only the knees are broken a little. ( lets hope i dont screw it up an break the part.

moar support

side shot!

smooth surface!

only thing is them knees

If the support structures work out could you post your Meshmixer settings?

Now that you mention it, I have scaled up the print to twice the size in Cura, not in Meshmixer, this makes the supports effectively twice the size.

Anyway,

the layer height was 0.1mm, the diameter 1.6mm. Actually, pretty much standard I believe except layer heigth

the key is to add your own support.

printed with Brim in cura @ 35mm/s

err, what else do you want to know?

Aww, I thought it was an Ultralisk first (and went "Ultraliskuuu!" in my head, man I'm such a dork... :D ). Still looks like a cool print though ;)

hah maybe i'm equally dorkness, because i know what an ultralisk is..;)

hah maybe i'm equally dorkness, because i know what an ultralisk is.. ;)

No it means you are just old, or from Korea ;)

Here my first (long) print iron man face plate

Spool Adapter Multi-Step

20140111 220429

20140111 231942

Something I had to print to get away from the tension issues of the stock spool holder.

This runs super smooth spinning on 608 bearings and it's fully adjustable to other spool sizes and expandable to multiple spools on one holder.

When changing filament it automatically goes right back on the roll the way it came off with no hassles of a bird's nest.

So i basically sat back and let my ultimaker2 do all the work this weekend :-)

Here is the blog entry :-)

http://ultimaker2.blogspot.de/

Ian :-)

IMG_5581.JPG

@ChrispCreator

I like the design ChrispCreator, are you going to post the stls anywhere?

*Edit, I finally read all the posts about your design; I'm really glad to hear things are running much smoother! Fantastic design!

AaronAlai

I would post it on Youmagine or thingiverse, but I'm not finished with the entire design. I'm making an adjustable wall mount bracket, the sleeves for the bearings, and the knobs.

If you would like, I can post it up there for you to download what I have so far.

Let me know.

Nice, though might be good to try a different orientation so the supports aren't connected to face, which you want to be as smooth and clean as possible.

Here my first (long) print iron man face plate

Hi Guys

winnie The pooh baby Toy 1

winnie The pooh baby Toy 2

warping And missing layers

here`s my latest print, made a toy for my little girl, its a simple shape learning/puzzle game with some of the characters from Winnie the pooh.

will post files on youmagine for anyone who wants to print it.

total print time took 17hrs, ran into a few minor problem which consisted of warping in the corners and 1 problem that keeps re-occurring in my prints, missing layers see image 3 ( what causes this?)

best

porter

AaronAlai

I would post it on Youmagine or thingiverse, but I'm not finished with the entire design. I'm making an adjustable wall mount bracket, the sleeves for the bearings, and the knobs.

If you would like, I can post it up there for you to download what I have so far.

Let me know.

Cool, I'll wait until you put them up. Thanks!

Aaron when are you getting your ultimaker2 ?

Cant wait to see what you get up to ? :-)

ran into a few minor problem which consisted of warping in the corners and 1 problem that keeps re-occurring in my prints, missing layers see image 3 ( what causes this?)

best

porter

Take a look at this post, we are trying to find out what it is (link).

@Ian

I wish I knew, probably within several weeks :???:

I keep having dreams about the UM2, but I have a hard time imagining it in my home. It will be a joyous day when it arrives!

@ porter

gr5 posted this a little while ago it may be applicable, if nothing it is something to look for when diagnosing the issue;

cat hair and dust can really ruin your day if it doesn't melt at 240C or cooler.

Regarding the spools getting stuck. 99.9% of the time it's fine. But if you are doing a 5 hours print with 1000 lines of height and one line is underextruded you get this annoying horizontal line in your print running all around every detail at that level.

Without measurements - I would say the extruder can pull/push 10 to 20 pounds of force. It takes about 1/4 pound of force to turn the filament normally. But sometimes something sticks a little. It's very rare. And might take a whole 2 pounds of force to get things moving again. Meanwhile that layer looks different from all the other layers.

@porter - very nice print. I'd be tempted to dip those into paint which would paint just the characters and script text.

Since I've been doing almost as much painting as printing... I figure I'd get start using something a little bit more legit than 10 year old paints and Fence spray lying around the house. So I got myself a new airbrush. Totally new to airbrushing and it arrived just before the start of the weekend. yay!

After spending Saturday trying to paint stuff, I came across a few issues. It's wet, you need wet things all over your table, and you need 3 hands. So naturally, Since the airbrush is going to help out my 3d prints, the 3D printer needs to do something nice for the airbrush, So today, I designed and printed an airbrush holder thing so I have all my paint tools all in one easy place, and all the wet stuff feeding into one area so my table isn't full of water and tools.

IMG_000017231-580x530.jpg

Oh Yeah, I couldn't find a container... so I just used an old CD spindle cap. Unfortunately, I plugged in a wrong number during design for the radius, and it ended up a bit squished. but still works. All the holder components are perfect though. Stuck a few pieces of leather to protect the brush & tip.

IMG_000017211-1024x625.jpg

Holds these things. You need the airbrush at an angle, the eye dropper to add precise thinning water/solution. Syringe for adding LOTS of water to purge to change colours, and a paintbrush to mix paints in the little pot and scrub stuck on paint, tissue to clean your brush/spray test. All the parts snap together.

IMG_00001726-1024x750.jpg

And here's everything assembled. Everything sprays/drips into the container for ease of cleaning. The paintbrush is positioned directly infront of the airbrush so when you purge your airbrush, you clean your Bristle brush with the resulting spray as well.

IMG_000017281-580x691.jpg

Hopefully this will make my airbrush learning less messy.

beautiful creation !

beautiful creation !

Ian :smile:

Yeah

Except I don't like the colour

It needs painting :wink:

An attempt to build a crossflow fan thingy.

crossflow1

The plan was to fill the front up with sections of straws to form the honeycomb pattern. I very quickly went "noooope!" and decided to take advantage of the fact that slicers produce honeycomb patterns for a living.

crossflow2

crossflow3

robert your white cable covers on the left look so so good :-)