Post your latest print!

IRobertI

Posted · Post your latest print!

Ian is asking for 9mm^3 filament and that should be well within the limits of an UM2. I have printed at 75mm/s without hearing any skipping sounds (ironically though I did hear it skipping with my latest print at 60mm/s...)

Hi Cor, thanks.

It was printed at 0.06mm I didn't sand down the print, but I did use some wet and dry paper on the primer. Primer is much easier to sand than PLA.

Hi Braddock, really love that zombie. I was wondering if you sanded it down..and if not wat layer height did you print at.. I can't see the layers. very nice.

Wait... what. You're printing 0.25mm layers at 90mm/s? On a UM2? Without problems? My printer starts skipping steps at around 60-65mm/s with 0.2mm layers and a temp of 260.

same here. I get serious under extrusion when printing that fast.. wtf Ian....

same here. I get serious under extrusion when printing that fast.. wtf Ian....

ill double check when im home for you.

But I was or am 110% sure.. speed 90.. so nice and fast :-)... with a nice thick steady layer of .25 with a temp of 230.

The nozzle just pumped the PLA out like... soft cream and each layer bonded great and I got nearlly 60 beautiful clean models from these settings now :-)

Ian :-)

im using colorfabb white.

and no the edges are nice and sharp.. everyone that sees my city model growing on my work table just does this... wowwwww

copied from my ultimaker blog:

German City Planners using Ultimaker2 to Design the Future of Leipzig

After the Second World War, There was a large portion of Leipzig City and its surroundings left barron and destroyed.

During the following Soviet occupation of East Germany, the local authorities choose which buildings in the city could be reused and what was not usable was simply torn down or even simply forgotten.

These old forgotten buildings laid empthy until the Reunifcation of Germany in 1989.

After the wall fell, new investment and money started to flow back into Eastern Germany.

Since then, the local governments have been working very hard to restore their beloved City.

As a new and what I find inspiring turn to this part of Euopean History. The City Planners and Authoirites are now planning the future of an important section of the inner city and using an ultimaker2 to help them.

Printing every night, in only 3 days a large model of the inner city of Leipzig was beautifully created by a single ultimaker2.

The bosses and decision makers can now come together next week and move around the model pieces like Lego pieces.. helping develope this fine city into the future.

Just a little nice note, where ultimaker has played a historical role :-)

IMG_5653.JPG

IMG_5659.JPG

IMG_5656.JPG

Great to see so much beatifil prints.... just awsome.

here's my latest, it's a end cap for one of the bed posts of my daugter's new bed. (as any girl she's fond of horses)

Hey Cor,

I like the beam next to it, It was iirc to let the layers cool down okay and to get a good top finish, is that right?

Cheers!

Lennart

56 projects in 3 days with zero problems.. zero rejected models...

And that's why i've bought an UM2

Keep up the good work!

Cheers,

Lennart

Hey Cor,

I like the beam next to it, It was iirc to let the layers cool down okay and to get a good top finish, is that right?

Cheers!

Lennart

yes it was to give the pointy ears some time to cool down.. really like how they turned out.

it took another 2 hours extra to print though.

Hi Ian. could you post a close up of one of your buildings. I'm really curious how they look "up close and personal"...

no problem.. will do some close up shots and get them up this evening :-)

ok here are a few close ups.

one note.. i did the top and bottom layers thin... thinner than i normally print.. guess i could do them thicker like... 1.2... but these are jsut fast.. get the job done and right prints ;-)

IMG_5664.JPG

IMG_5667.JPG

IMG_5668.JPG

Ian's prints look very nice... one thing to consider in the 'under-extrusion' debate that several folks are still tryiing to resolve; it looks like these prints are pretty much all convex shapes with only a single 'island' on any layer - so there is probably little or no retraction going on during these prints - is that right, Ian?

I love how this became such an active topic again!

Amazing things pass by, great work all you guys! :)

Ian's prints look very nice... one thing to consider in the 'under-extrusion' debate that several folks are still tryiing to resolve; it looks like these prints are pretty much all convex shapes with only a single 'island' on any layer - so there is probably little or no retraction going on during these prints - is that right, Ian?

correct ! :-)

I looked at the models and didnt need retraction. so turned that off.

ooh another print!

As of 2013 i have an "Awesome-jar" in which I collect all the fun/awesome stuff that happened over the year.

so naturally, a 3D printed up-grade!

It's not perfect, but I designed, and printed it myself so I'm very proud!

Also, it is Colorfabb red, which is a very nice color!

Photoshoot:

finished awesomejar!

start of the awesomejar

Cheers!

Lennart

I wish I could get that feeling again, the very first time you print something that you yourself have designed and hold it in your hand in the real world. It's a very special feeling :)

It's still cool now, but nothing like the first time.

My experience is that the PLA/PHA stuff extrudes up to 50% faster. But with frequent retractions uniform extrusion is quite hard to achieve.

IMG_2105.jpg

IMG_2104.jpg

IMG_2086.jpg

Wouldn't it be a lot less cleanup if you printed the mask standing more upright?

I was worried it wouldn't stick to the build plate this print was pretty long like more than 8 hours..

I wish I could get that feeling again, the very first time you print something that you yourself have designed and hold it in your hand in the real world. It's a very special feeling :)

Well, The feeling IS awesome..

you could always design something so complex, that no-one would be able to think of it ever being made, like braddock's were-chihuahua and finish it properly.

Yesterday I was really happy because I got positive feedback on my first welding blacksmithing workpiece of making damascus. Happy days!

Cheers!

Lennart

You just need to make ever more sophisticated stuff that continues to challenge you... I still get that warm and fuzzy feeling once in a while when that something goes jusssstt right. When you've thought up something that's just an elegant solution, and it works exactly the way you intended it. Ah. fuzzy feelings.

I've printed a larger version of the Zombie, and given him the Bronze treatment. I had a layer misalignment due to overheating (Australia has officially been the hottest place on the planet the past few days) at the top of his head, so, rather than reprint him (was a 15 hour print) I filled the top of his head with Aves Apoxie Sculpt. So, he's missing the shard sticking out the top of his head.

DSC04192 small

DSC04191 small

DSC04190 small

DSC04183 small

DSC04181 small

DSC04180 small

DSC04179 small

DSC04177 small

DSC04176 small

DSC04175 small