Post your latest print!

IRobertI

Posted · Post your latest print!

Ok, so this is the opposite of a stress test, in fact the opposite of every other print on this thread, but I just wanted to show a range of nice ABS colours I've just bought. The thing I'm pleased about is that I printed them all with the exact same settings on my UM2. If I can get nice even prints without any tuning I feel confident I can tweak each one if needed to get the result I'm after.

15 Different Filaments in total. The black red and white are Ultimaker stock

IMG 0572

the metallics (gold, silver and bronze) actually have a metal fleck in to give the effect. They print a bit woolly, almost like a wood fibre (no unpleasing, you can't see the build layers), but on the base which has been against glass, you can see the sparkle. I think a bit of vapour smoothing would sort these out!

IMG 0565

You might of been thinking 'hang on, he's got 2 whites'. Well yes but one glows in the dark. Spooky :)

IMG 0559

The black takes a lot of purging to clean it though completely, and the white is easy to over cook. You get tiny brown marks in the print from time to time. But the UM filament was probably the best for a smooth feed. The Dark blue was about the same, but the others wouldn't feed quite as fast, but at the speed I print at this isn't an issue.

The non-Um filaments were just purchased off eBay. I really didn't know what to expect, because when I had the Afinia, I only bought Up! filament. I was relieved when all the blocks came off, one after another, all with the same gCode, no tweaking and no messing around. They definitely have different properties for printing, but I'm really pleased, this is a good start. Great to have all these colours to choose from and 1/2 the price of Up! filament.

Nicolinux, the filament has no manufacturers brand name unfortunately. The chocolate one is actually sold as 'copper' but I think bronze is a better description. The supplier is wedo3dprinting on ebay uk

Got this cool beer stein off of thingiverse.

Very little cleanup to do after the epoxy is set in. Will be finishing it with a Dark bronze.

More to come.

thats really cool ! :-)

Does the bottle really stay in there... nice and tight... or does it shake about a lot ?

Ian :-)

The black takes a lot of purging to clean it though completely, and the white is easy to over cook. You get tiny brown marks in the print from time to time.

Maybe the brown marks are from a previous color? It's amazing how a tiny piece of a previous color can stay in my nozzle somewhere (or maybe there was a thin string of it in the bowden) and show up 10 minutes later in the print. Or even 30 minutes later.

I think this is the first time I'm posting anything that isn't technical problems in here :oops:

At any case, I'm really into Ola Sundberg's work, and thought it would be neat to tune my printer down with his designs. I'm still having problems with sag at the overhangs, but I'm not really sure how to correct it except by using support/Meshmixer.

Rhinoman2

Rhinoman

Color002

The Colonel has been primed and sanded over quite a few layers, and the result is quite smooth.

Ian,

"thats really cool !

Does the bottle really stay in there... nice and tight... or does it shake about a lot ?"

The bottle kind of pops in. The two arms/prongs at the top snap around the bottle neck. It's not super tight, but a very nice fit.

@ lesvilla, did you do both of those pieces without support?

@Simon, those test prints look great!!

I wanted to print something fun and see what the Ultimaker Original could muster...

Found this on Thingiverse and reduced the size (its a bit over 2 inches l x w and about that tall)

The creator has several models available, this is one with Meshmixer supports. I hadn't removed all of them when I took the pic I really wonder how this would look using that wood-pla

gallery_536_414_71873.jpg

I printed at 0.1 layers, 230C and set the print speed to 30.

Not bad, came out well (except for the meshmixer support remnants). Thank good the boobs didn't need support or they'd been ruined too :p

Appropriate plastic parts, right?

I'd like to see how that model looks in ABS. I should have printed it full size but didn't feel like running a 4-5 hour print :)

Day 4 with UM2.

What a perfect machine :cool: .

I quickly draw a keychain with Sketchup. Put it in Cura, saved to SD card and 25 minutes later:

IMGP6511

IMGP6512

- red PLA from GermanRepRap

- nozzel temp: 210 °C

- print speed: 50 mm/2

- layer heigth 0.1

- retraction on

Sigi

...something fun..

Nudge nudge wink wink say no more say no more!

It came out a beautiful print, thats for sure;)

Cheers!

Last print i made:

I wanted to have my prints somewhere where i could see them more often.

So I thought this would be perfect! I love my digital calipers for measuring!

printed vertically..

..so it fits snugly on my monitor!

Cheers!

(ps sorry for the bad quality photos)

Hi guys and girls,

I have got another Braddock- inspired work in progress.

A print I made earlier needed to get a nice finish and I wanted to do something cool with it.

Braddocks awesome metal finish looked...awesome.. on the were-chihuahua, so I wanted to make a start/test with it and bought some bronze paint, primer and patina.

In the pictures below the patina still needs to be applied, and also a second coat, but hey, it looks very nice!

(especially with flash;) )

Eye candy:

halfway through

goldie

full shine

ok maybe not so shiny but awesome nonetheless!

Cheers!

Lennart

Edit: my girlfriend said: "It is like a christmas ball.." Thanks..;)

very cool stuff Lennart !! really like the idea about the hooks for your computer monitor.. thats nice and creative :-)

doing some nice prints for my new luxury toilet for my two little beloved bunny rabbits !... dont laugh !! ;-)

IMG_56jhh86.jpg

doing some nice prints for my new luxury toilet for my two little beloved bunny rabbits !... dont laugh !! :wink:

Ian :smile:

IMG_56jhh86.jpg

Ian, I'm not laughing. For sure! We also have two bunny rabbits. For the current toilet I used some coated plywood which I somehow tinkered together.

This is a good idea ... I will think about when designing our 'toilet for bunny rabbits Rev.2.1.3.4'. :-P :-P :-P

happy you like it Sigi.

The construction is 3 parts connected together. Then a special grid with holes big enough to let round bunny poo and urine to get through but not big enough for the bunnies feet.

Im also going to print the top in another nicer colour like green.. not a bright colour as this will discolour with bunny urine but something to make the design even nicer for my 2 bunnies :smile:

The luxury life for bunnies !! :wink: LOL

Ian :smile:

Definitely more fun than the ice blade covers I did before :wink:

Scaled to 80%, KISSlicer, UM original, 0.1 mm layer height, 7:45 h printing time, no post-processing

gallery_5589_458_678635.jpg

I wanted to print something fun and see what the Ultimaker Original could muster...

Found this on Thingiverse and reduced the size (its a bit over 2 inches l x w and about that tall)

The creator has several models available, this is one with Meshmixer supports. I hadn't removed all of them when I took the pic I really wonder how this would look using that wood-pla

Awesome print foehnsturm, especially considering there's no post processing.

Wow very nice it almost looks like a sculpture.

I thought it was painted or had some kind of post-print treatment.