Post your latest print!

IRobertI

Posted · Post your latest print!

incredible prints guys !!

the last few with the eiffel tower and leaning tower has just blown me away !

can you tell us what exact setting did you use on Cura4 ?

Also Florian, tell those guys on the google group to drop it, its just getting stupid and funny how efforts and ideas are being lost there and duplicated here.

Maybe Erik should really give them some notice and shut it down officialy ?

Best wishes.

Ian :D

Very nice! I guess the statue of liberty goes next, the pyramids might not be that impressive ;-)

Yea I'm taking requests ;) you're right pyramids are not that impressive print wise.. maybe the golden gate bridge with all that bridging and overhang...maybe not..

nice work Ian. looks like you have an entire village there, and a scale 50ft woman too - are you making a b-movie? ;)

Ian, that's a really nice city you're building. I'm impressed by the quality of the buildings, it's so smooth!

I think Ian just pretty much proved that you can get the Ultimaker up and running on high quality pretty quick :)

I made a tRNA from ABS! Printed with 0.15 mm layers, using KISSlicer with support enabled, fan on during loops. (

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:21527

)

H8pqI.png

M59tT.jpg

I think the ABS version looks much better. Even though the PLA version is made with finer layers, the ABS color makes it much harder to see flaws.

Thanks guys !!

Im really happy you like my first work.

To be honest, a little few tips from this forum and of course some wisdom from a few inteligent people and i have been able to cook these beautiful models up in the space of 3 weeks.

Now its down to starting to convert our archicad arch models and make them clean (fast !) and print clean.

Thats what im up to at the moment.

But as the new models come off the table, photos will be provided !! :-)

PS. yes i plan to make a B movie using only ultimaker produced products.. dont tell me boss ! ;)

Best wishes guys:

Hi Guys,

Here is my second print, and the first one that's worked well. It's an owl (

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:18218

).

I scaled it down to 50%, and printed through Cura on normal quality.

photo%20small.jpg

The only thing is that my temp is set to 218C on PLA, seems high, but the print quality is great.

Should I try dropping it down a bit, or is this ok?

Thanks all.

Hi Guys,

Here is my second print, and the first one that's worked well. It's an owl (

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:18218

).

I scaled it down to 50%, and printed through Cura on normal quality.

photo%20small.jpg

The only thing is that my temp is set to 218C on PLA, seems high, but the print quality is great.

Should I try dropping it down a bit, or is this ok?

Thanks all.

Your print looks very shiny, an indicator of high temperature. You could safely drop it. In my experience the first thing that will go is layer bonding and after that you might have extrusion problems (slipping filament) because of high forces. Just lower the temperature so you still get good layer bonding.

Too high temperature will not necessarily be bad for your print, but it might cause more stringing or problems because of heating up the filament too much and it plugging your PFA tube.

you may not need to drop it by much. I have my black PLA running at 211 with perfect results. it depends how accurate the temperature readings are too of course.

congradulations on your first really nice print.

keep going and we will back you up on this side of the forum !!

great work !

Thanks for the advice guys.

I'm getting a strange intermittent problem, every now and then the nozzle dries up and the print gets really sparse. the thumbscrew on my extruder is pretty tight (almost to the bottom) and it indents pretty heavily into the filament. What is a good rule of thumb for how the extruder should be set? I've dropped the temp back to around 205C and for the most part it's running fine.

Maybe the temperature is too high to compensate for what I'm doing with the extruder? I feel like I'm adjusting too much at once to know what's wrong, but any suggestion would be welcome.

Thanks again for the kind words all.

can i ask you guys, what 3d software packages are you guys using for modelling ?

I seem to be getting nightmares with my archicad and ultimaker translation at the moment.

Best wishes.

Ian

IMG_0522.small.JPG

Fire!

very nice Daid.

Ian -> Hexagon (from Daz) it's free and handles cad and organic shapes.

Hi ConcreteTurtle:

If the tension screw is too tight, the filament will eat away at the material. The first two video links(from Jeorgen) might be helpful....

Filament pressure:

http://db.tt/zVcKL9q0

Bolt tightening:

http://db.tt/j95qMlaQ

Filament-Bowden-Peek transition 1:

http://db.tt/FVAU7hiH

Filament-Bowden-Peek transition 2:

http://db.tt/Ag7OpbbT

Filament-Bowden-Peek transition 3:

http://db.tt/Kd3kPPrg

Thanks for the advice guys.

I'm getting a strange intermittent problem, every now and then the nozzle dries up and the print gets really sparse. the thumbscrew on my extruder is pretty tight (almost to the bottom) and it indents pretty heavily into the filament. What is a good rule of thumb for how the extruder should be set? I've dropped the temp back to around 205C and for the most part it's running fine.

Maybe the temperature is too high to compensate for what I'm doing with the extruder? I feel like I'm adjusting too much at once to know what's wrong, but any suggestion would be welcome.

Thanks again for the kind words all.

very nice Daid.

Ian -> Hexagon (from Daz) it's free and handles cad and organic shapes.

super thank you !!

ill give it a try tonight !!

Best wishes.

Ian :)

Tried my first 0.1mm layer prints. The frog had a problem with the two front legs coming unstuck from the bed. I finally printed with a raft but that only partially solved the issue (raft came unstuck) The legs flopped around a bit until they finally attached to the body so they look pretty rough. The body came out very well though. The holes in Yoda's ears are a problem with the toolpath calculation in cura. I scaled the model down 50% to speed up print time and I think that resulted in some areas that were thinner than 0.4mm. When I look at the toolpath there are no perimeter lines in the area of the holes. I did have an issue with yoda's chin. When it started to print the 100% infill layers the plastic curled up a little so the print head kept hitting it. I "solved" this by lowering that side of the bed with the leveling screws during the print. Since this is an organic shape it doesn't matter too much.

Overall I'm pleased with the outcome. Once I have my filament grinding problems worked out I'll be done with tweaking and can get down to just printing stuff :) I put the parts on top of a full-sized SD card to show scale.

-Matt

Here is my first print of an Object I designed. I'm working on using my ultimaker to create models of buildings for projection mapping projects. Here is a cheesy example building ive created, and the 2nd picture is it with my UV mapped projection template on it.

de4Rel.jpg

LWRAXl.jpg

Here is my first successful 90+ minute print, here is hoping it's not my last!

duckcall%20small.jpg

It's a copy of

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:25357

, printed using Cura, 1.2mm wall and base thickness, PLA, 45mm/sec @210C.

This machine sure gives great results when the bowden tube stays put!

IMG_0532.small.JPG

These work very well! I recommend printing one.

These work very well! I recommend printing one.

What is the thingiverse link for this object?