Post your latest print!

IRobertI

Posted · Post your latest print!

Hey Sigi,

what kind of filament is this? Looks awesome.

Yes, I also love this color very much.

However the filament is a beast.

It's from iGo3D: https://www.igo3d.com/en/filament-1-kg-yellow-3mm-pla.html

The diameter is 3 mm (not 2.85).

It doesn't like to easily stick on the build platform. I had to experiment with the temperature a while, ended up that 75° is a good value (where I print all other filaments with 60°). For every print with this yellow PLA I have to use the glue stick for the heated bed.

And all this still sometimes causes that the PLA doesn't stick to the build platform while printing the first two layers.

In case these two layers are okay, the whole print will finish without problems.

It seems as if this color causes the PLA to have a somehow different consistency compared to other filaments.

Nevertheless, I like the color! :-P

Thanks for the info Sigi. I'd like to avoid iGo3d filament for now. I'll try faberdashery next. Although the picture you posted looks like it is made of neon green filament. Wouldn't have guessed it is yellow.

Thanks for the info Sigi. I'd like to avoid iGo3d filament for now. I'll try faberdashery next. Although the picture you posted looks like it is made of neon green filament. Wouldn't have guessed it is yellow.

The few test prints I've made with faberdashery PLA have sticked to the glass (Basalt to be exact) plate at 60°C very well. Actually, much better than any other material I've tried before. No gluestick or anything else used. So you definetly can't go wrong with faberdashery PLA.

faberdashery is fantastic no questions !

but also what i do is... put a little gluestick on my heated bed... let it try for a while, then rub my hands over it, and see that there are no sticky parts.. then print on that. I get about 6 to 8 good big prints sticking amazing to the bed at 55 temp... then things start to flip up a little...

Wow, nice! At what layer thickness is this, 0.06mm?

Spot on Lennart yes 0.06 about 19 hours print

Gear test, Printed on the Ultimaker 2 layer height 0.1 Iphone 5 case :D

heheh... thats one of those moments Vinay.. where your wife screams from the other room.. what are ya doing ??

NOTIN !!

LOL

I was only able to finish one within the last half hour:

Those bracelets are printed every 10 minutes almost exactly at Ultimaker shows. They print on the UM Original at very fast - 150mm/sec? 300mm/sec?

Received yesterday my first spool (and I'm sure it's not the last one) of colorFabb WoodFill.

Just in time for the maiden flight - oops, maiden print of the helicopter my sun and me designed last Sunday (my sun as the art director, me as the heavy worker with too low salary :-P ) :

20140217 193155

20140217 193012

20140217 192943

What a wonderful material! :-P

very cute model Sigi !! like it and !! you get extra brownie points for printing with woodfill !! not the easiest material to handle in the world ;-)

Ian :-)

very cute model Sigi !! like it and !! you get extra brownie points for printing with woodfill !! not the easiest material to handle in the world :wink:

Ian :smile:

Thanks for the brownie points! :-P

You're so right with handling woodfill - but it's the headache worth!

Hi

My latest prints. hope you like...

WP 000170

0.1layer;30mm/s;230ºC

WP 000171

WP 000172

0.1layer;30mm/s;221ºC

WP 000173

WP 000176

0.08layer;20mm/s;230ºC

WP 000174

red ABS and it's painted

WP 000175

red ABS and it's painted

WP 000177

red ABS and it's painted

Hey, Don't forget the "like" button :mrgreen:

Cheers

This ain't Facebook you know...

Although I do like your UM2 modifications (cable chain and the black panels) :)

Hi

My latest prints. hope you like...

The first model is awesome!!

Wow some really great prints lately.

@Vinay, as always thanks for the video! I really like how descriptive they always are they provide a good feel for the quality of prints capable on the UM2.

@Sigi, I know I'm a bit late to the game, but I just had to say how nice those prints tuned out for using WoodFill, the design is great as well. You have tamed the UM2 beast. From what I've been reading in the forums, WoodFill seems to clog the UM2 nozzle quite often; perhaps when you get some time you can fill us in on your magic UM2 powers.

@Mr. Waldorf, the detail in those prints looks amazing! I didn't buy a UM2 to print out sexy ladies, but I'm definitely going to for *cough* test prints :mrgreen: Also, what material are those motor shields fiberglass?

Wow some really great prints lately.

@Mr. Waldorf, the detail in those prints looks amazing! I didn't buy a UM2 to print out sexy ladies, but I'm definitely going to for *cough* test prints :mrgreen: Also, what material are those motor shields fiberglass?

Hi Aaron, Thanks

It's film sticker carbon fiber. It is the same material used by the guys in car tuning to cover the hood. Works very well.

Cheers

Hi Aaron,

thanks for the comment.

I'm not sure if I have really tamed the WoodFill beast on UM2. However what I figured out is that there is a rapid raising learning curve with using this filament.

I will post a 'how I'm using WoodFill' in the appropriate thread (http://umforum.ultimaker.com/index.php?/topic/3316-colorfabbs-new-woodfill-pla-hehehe/) tomorrow.

In the meantime, my aircraft fleet got some additional support. We're now flying with 2 helicopters :-P and a brand-new biplane :-P :

20140218 200101

20140218 200322

20140218 200012

20140218 195940

And I think this is also the limit what's possible with WoodFill. The diameter of the supports carrying the upper wing is only 2,5 mm.

I wondered that they still came out to be usable.

Again: a real wonderful material (maybe I'm here somehow inherited as my grandpa and my uncles have been and are still carpenters...)

well i guess its not an image (secrets n stuff) but i can talk about it.

i work at a packaging company and, well, we have just started growing packaging. quite literally.

now what's more interesting, is thanks to 3D printing (in general) it means that the prototype moulds that we grow the packaging in cane be made cheaply, easy to recycle and all in house! just another example of how 3D printing is helping in the modern world. we aren't 3D printing packaging, but we are using rapid prototyping to push forward.

:p (i hope i can bend the lead designers arm to buy a couple of ultimakers. he said he would rather buy 10 £2k printers than 1 £20K printer)

This thing should appeal to some of the Dutchies in the Ultimaker community.

12641777144_91bbf25522_z.jpg

3D Print your own Wie is de Mol? joker! Get the 3d file at: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:253657

The one in the picture was printed on a Prusa i3, with woodFill fine and sliced at 0,27mm layer height using Kisslicer.

whats the joke ?? for all the non Dutch here ?

I have been printing some big prints the last few days but cant show them off here until they are all finished for a friend... :-(

But I can make a quick snap of my feeder mechanism im working on at the moment... yes I can ! :-)

Here is a little extra info on my blog site from tonight:

http://ultimaker2.blogspot.de/2014/02/delicate-engineering-with-ultimaker2-3d.html

Here is also the tread about the development for a new feeder:

http://umforum.ultimaker.com/index.php?/topic/4393-ultimaker2-feeder-system-improvements-and-ideas/page-8

nozzz.jpg

Morning

Sorry for being so boring... but I only had 1 hour to play with last night :???: So I decided I would atleast have a play with temperature settings etc to see what happens... its fun being a noob :p

Anybody played Carcassonne ?

photo

Congradulations on your first prints !

we all started at the same point... My first 3d printed object was a small blue box with a door opening... well I called it a box.. the people around me just laughed very loud and said what the hell is that crap.... ;) LOL

LOL Ian.

I need to improve my learning rate ... my g/f keeps asking " So which brilliant creation are you going for this time? " ... and my limit so far is a carcassonne meeple. lol