Post your latest print!

IRobertI

Posted · Post your latest print!

Comparison of prints with and without mineral oil application.

The effect of rubbing in mineral oil onto pla prints is only a subtle improvement in some cases.

Here are two owls. The first is without any application of oil.

IMG 0263

The second pic (same owl print) has had some mineral oil rubbed in. You may be able to detect a difference, I think it is better.

IMG 0264

To be fair I think the difference was more in the case of the treasure chest!

Evening All,

Top gear and Dragons Den have finished and I got no red wine left...so i`m back at the ultimaker stuff lol.

Last one from me tonight, I seem to have done quite a few prints today :)

What is this strange looking gadget I hear you ask :

photo 1

photo 2

SnowBoarders or Skateboarders anyone ?

photo 3

photo 4

Over & Out !

Thanks Ian, I just hope the heat from the radiator below doesn't effect the brackets and the board falls off lol

Has anybody had experience of PLA or ABS deforming after a certain amount of time? I know some of the SLS/SLA prints I have received from commercial printers don't last too long once moisture has its way.

Awesome. Good to know.

Just been reading about the 2nd extruder and the possibility of water soluble support material :wub:.... me wants NOW !

@makingzone & skint

Most of my really good or useful designs I don't post or share, but this one I can definitely share. I would not recommend printing the 25 hour base, because there is a lot to lose.(time/filament/sanity)

The smaller 6" base is perfect, but I need to fix the stl file. Or I can just give you the 3dm file and you can modify as you see fit?

There are a total of 9 objects to print if I remember correctly. (Not including the linear printed bearings) which work quite nice!

I'll post this on youmagine when I get a chance.

thanks for the interest and compliments.

Thanks for the share, I'm looking forward your stl.

First post in this section, having fun and making money with my new toy! Keeping it basic with the Ultimaker Robot printed in XT on my Ultimaker Original and a Rose I printed for my GF since I spend more time with my printer than her recently. :)

IMG_20140224_142341.jpg

IMG_20140224_142258.jpg

"having fun and making money ".

I need to do the second bit :p

Alright guys,

Some pictures of the UM stand we put together for the Printbeurs veldhoven called RapidPro ( me and mathijs spedn yesterday from 1245 to 2145 setting it up and configuring printers.. phew, my first crash test UM2 unplugging! I would disadvise the use of pearl white PLA after the two unpluggings I did.

But the Fair today went smooth!Epic amount of bracelets on autoprint!

Some people might recognize their prints!

Your print here?

Your print here?

Your print here?

Your print here?

We're now flying with 2 helicopters :-P and a brand-new biplane :-P :

see if you spot em!

Printing my longest Print yet.... 56 Hours... now 22 hours on the way, i just needed to post a picture....

It is planned to be 17cm high.

22 hours on the way of a total of 56 hours........

Fingers crossed for the next 34 hours...... :???: :???: :???: :???: :???:

just counted the number of retractions.... 200000. say two hundred thousend AAAAAAHHHHH

That means that 200.000 retractions and de-retraction x 3.2mm means 1.2 kilometers of filament movement.... If my extruder survives i will be really proud...

Forgot to post this one. Someone on another forum wondered what it would look like. The print is 4cm high and it took me a few tries to get it to print. It kept either getting too hot or snapping off half way due to the tiny base. Not seen are a few Meshmixer supports I added.

humanHeart02

humanHeart04

Cor, WoW, that`s a serious print, looking forward to seeing what it turns out like. What is it? haha

It reminds me of those awesome "Bone Chairs" by Joris Laarman

https://www.google.com/search?q=bone%20chair&tbm=isch

Every day is a school day for me at the moment, learning what I can about 3D printing.

Thanks to Cor3ys a few days ago, I learnt that Faberdashery filament is delieverd " unspooled ". I have just ordered a bunch of filament from them, and I have just printed a few parts for the filament spool holder that Cor3ys alerted me too.

Spool 3 arms

With all the fantastic and complex prints, I could not stay behind.

So I present you......... the Kitty litter Poop Scoop

IMG_1074.JPG

Haha Xeno. Awesome :p

see if you spot em!

Cool! The biplane and I think the helicopter behind the rabbit ... both on your booth .... :-P :-P :-P

Thank you! I'm really pleased! :-P

Just a litle iphone 5 case i've designed :)

Photo 27.02.14 09 00 46

@Cor Kiekens if when your print is successful, you must share your settings :-P. It looks so intricate and I see almost no stringing. Are you using the spool holder that comes stock with the UM2? Great looking print so far!

lololol @Xeno, nice print nonetheless. I have a cat with litter that doesn't work well with the scooper I have and was going to print out a better one, I'll use your print for inspiration :mrgreen:.

My biggest print yet on my UM2 using Faberdashery Bling Bling

Big Ben

Big Ben Top

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:33913

Wow Cor thats pretty cool !! Proper bling bling lol. I almost bought some of that faberdashery bling, just so I could print some jewellery to keep the g/f from moaning that I spend more time looking at the UM2 :p

Beach girl revisited

The merlin hotend comes with some spare nozzles including a 0.2 mm nozzle. So I had to try it out. As I had no idea for a more "scientific" test I decided to revisit the beach girl. Let's see if we get the same level of detail in a model half the size.

UM original, 0.06 mm layer height, merlin hotend, 0.2 nozzle, 6:20 h printing time.

A direct comparison of both prints: One face actually measures 11 mm the other one 6 mm. The toes in the small print are approx 1.5 mm long. Not that easy to figure out which one is the small print ...

Bb face

Bb foot

In the album there is a third photo which gives the answer.

It took some time to finish the drawings. Now, just in time for the weekend the files are ready to go onto the UM2.

After 'Helicopter' and 'Biplane' I'm happy to present :-P :

More (real) pictures hopefully coming this evening. :-P :-P

Did some more Woodfill prints, I love this stuff :)

I printed the Knitted vase, I did not like the top part, so I left it off.

Printed with 0.8 nozzle and 0.2 layers

I wanted to do some experiments with oil paint washes, to give the Woodfill more depth, it worked really nice.

I used a combination of burned sienna en Yellow ochre.

The inside of the vase is the original Woodfill color.

IMG_1077.JPG

accurate in fitment :mrgreen:

layer height 0.06

Temp....... can't remember tested so many LOL :roll:

I must say I learn alot from just making all these rings testing the limits of the ultimaker 2 wow it actually prints will for something so small AFTER you tune it LOL

I'm surprised it printed

I use BLENDER to make my Models this program works perfect for me and along with other programs

like meshmixer and I sometime cut the upper support and add my own in combination.. still trying this out..

oh Meshmixer has been updated didn't know about until today..

Ring

layer height 0.06 print test

Triquetra

Ring test print