Post your latest print!

IRobertI

Posted · Post your latest print!

I love this thread :)

I received my 3D sense scanner last week, been playing a bit with it. Still need to master the thing it's not easy to scan small things with it but for people it's pretty good.

Here's a small timelapse of a scan of my daughter (the scan isn't perfect, try to get a 4 year old stand still for more than 10 seconds) but the shape of the face is quite good

Printed in 0.1mm layers in Faberdashery Desert Tan filament

@Bauermaker: excellent design and print mate. The finish is unreall. As Tommyph1208 already said you wouldn't think it was a print. What primer did you use?

Thanks, I use Genius Pro Spritzfüller, an exclusive brand of the local "baumax" hardware store.

I tried to find it online but had no luck.

In my opinin the filler is not so important, i tried several other brands and settled on this because its the cheapest, the most important thing is to have enough patience for countless hours of wet sanding :).

awesome paintjob on Grinner by the way.

Hi All, again, very nice pices!

@ Didier, cool! Doing stuff for and with kids is fantastic, right?

@ Bauermaker, really impressive finish.

@ Leo, how cool. Ugly as hell (but probably intentional) :mrgreen:

@Chrisp, exactly my cup of tea, well done. Designed in?

Just a short update on my sons jbot (final assembly is est. 30 cm high):

robi

There is still a lot to do:

- Re-print everything I printed during my underextrusion problems

- Soldering, installation of all the hardware

- Finalising the software

- testing :)

Happy printing everybody!

DRINK CLIPS!

dcDSC 9086

dcg1

Okay - I haven't posted anything in here in ages. I printed 20 drink clips about a week ago. Really spent a lot of time pushing the limits on text. I could get down to about .8mm wide lines in the text and still have it look very nice. But I had to change the "shell" to .3mm even though "nozzle" was .4mm. Then I further learned to increase flow by 133%. Arial works well for small text. I chose "Georgia" font for the large text. I tried a few different color combos but the red pla from UM and white from diamond age worked best so I used that the most. Text is .1mm thick. Bottom layer of drink clip is .3mm layer thick. Here you can see it part way through the print. I mostly did 3 at a time as changing filament takes time.

dcDSC 9082

dcDSC 9083

Click on this last picture above to zoom in - I love that picture!

Files and more pictures posted on youmagine here:

https://www.youmagine.com/designs/drink-clip

@pm_dude: the poll next to the print is to avoid the nozzle to melt the noze of my daughter ^^ as it's very small i like this method better than the cool head lift stuff (even if it basically does the same)

Another timelapse just in time for the future victory of Belgium against the United States :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

@Didier

I really like our video :), is this for the Colorfabb timelapse challenge ?

I love timelapse videos :) it looks like magic with 3d printing i submitted this one for the challenge indeed ;)

Thanks again for creating the devil i love the goofy face he has ^^ hopefully we will stay a bit longer in the world cup thanks to you :)

I love timelapse videos :) it looks like magic with 3d printing i submitted this one for the challenge indeed ;)

Thanks again for creating the devil i love the goofy face he has ^^ hopefully we will stay a bit longer in the world cup thanks to you :)

...and this is how an UM print brought Belgium into the quarter Final! Congrats! (and no mascot for Switzerland they are out!). Good luck against Argentina!

In my opinin the filler is not so important, i tried several other brands and settled on this because its the cheapest, the most important thing is to have enough patience for countless hours of wet sanding :).

Thanks for mentioning wet sanding. It somehow didn't occur to me that sanding might be an option. I tried once to sand PLA and it was a total mess. Now with wet sanding it is a whole different story. Sufrace finish looks awesome - even when not painted.

What kind of sanding paper did you use? Or are there any other tips for wet sanding? Might want to start a new thread. I am sure many others would be very interested.

@Nicolinux

i did start a thread a month ago, i just posted an update describing my wet sanding process,

Most of it was learned from reading posts from OlivierC and other artists in this thread (starting from page 23 i think) and i can still remember what a revelation it was to learn about wet sanding :)

Edit: this is the thread i was talking about

http://umforum.ultimaker.com/index.php?/topic/5922-filling-and-sanding-prints/&do=findComment&comment=58515

Where? Link plz :)

Edit: thanks.

Hi all,

I've busy lately doing a replacement heel that fell on one of the bike shoes of a friend. I wanted to do it in Nylon and finally managed to get the first layer to stick on the bed. Unfortunalety I still had some underextrusion problems with the new feeder I installed (still need to find the good tension).

Overall the result is ok but it could have been way better

IMG 20140702 213851

IMG 20140702 220200

IMG 20140702 220152

IMG 20140702 220953

I had to pause the print to put the bolt and then get it to print over it. That was a fun moment :p

Nice job embedding the bolt ! I`m so lazy, I haven't even updated my firmware to get the Pause feature yet!

@skint it didnt work actually. I tryed it and had to pause it myself while the Pause at Height was moving the head. Unfortunately manually pausing caused an offset and it started printing in mid air. I decided to change the speed at the height I needed and pause it myself when I saw that layer print. It worked like a charm.

I would really like to see a feature where it remembers the x and y position and moves the head to home when paused. Then moves it back to the x and y upon resume.

Thats what the Pause does using the menu on the printer... at least on a UM2

If you use the Pause at Height plugin in cura you can set the position you want it to go to. But that plugin doesnt work properly on the UM2 (is that fixed in the latest firmware)

Sign me up too. Might be a first idea for a workshop for that mini um convention :)

Made some great prints recently, unfortunatly cannot share them yet as they are character I made under Non-disclosure-agreement.

Here's a little quickie model I did this afternoon and decided to print for fun.

Any fans of Attack on Titan?

Survey corps, Attack on titan

Small little flaws tho, One of the ''triangle'' at the bottom curved a bit so the surface isn't as good as the other one. I have a line across one of the shape on the logo too. Not too sure why that happened, it's not on the design and it's the only one like it

Hope it's ok to post a pic from another printer. but I like the community here and since I didn't want to wait so long for an um2, I decided to risk a printer from a relativly new company in poland (zMorph3d). Especially as I loved the way how easy it is to exchange extruder/filament/nozzles/glass etc. - that was one thing I didn't liked about um2.

Well it finally arrived and so this is my first print out of the box - to be true I am pretty surprised about the inital quality.

I used voxelizer (their own free software) for slicing/generating the gcode, but I think it looks pretty ok. Still I guess there is a lot to improve? I really want to try slicing it with Cura too and print it out to see the difference - any ideas on how to improve print quality?

Currently its printed with 0.1mm layer height (currently using a 0.4mm nozzle) and Colorfabb PLA pink filament (210°C) on heated bed with some glue stic applied.

What would be good settings to try this owl with cura?

Kind regards,

Oliver

@mariem Nice! I like Attack on Titans

Here comes another utility print!

This time I needed a replacement jean button

IMG 20140705 091818

IMG 20140705 091924

Better do it in fashion :)

Its on YouMagine too https://www.youmagine.com/designs/screw-jean-button