Post your latest print!

IRobertI

Posted · Post your latest print!

Support removal was ok, cleanup and sanding a pain in the butt...

I did the model mainly in Scupltris, with some help from Meshlab.

Nice prints guys :)

@Kris: The back is surprisingly clean no wonder it was a pain in the butt to sand but nice result :)

I tried something with Colorfabb XT, changing temperature to have a different "color". I still have to tweak it.

Transparent parts are at 250°c with 100% fan

Opaque parts are at 230°c with 100% fan

20140702 192457

Transparent parts are at 250°c with 0% fan (much clearer)

Opaque parts are at 230°c with 100% fan

20140702 192448

I tried the same on a bigger vase but had some underextrusion on the temp changes (probably because of the big gap and the fact that the fan goes from 100% to 0% in one line.

A scan of my daughter in woodfill fine:

20140706 164442

Time lapse of this print:

at the weekend I printed out some gifts for my nice to pimp up her bedroom... hopefully she will like it and have nice dreams..

moon Day

moon night

I used glowbug yellow form faberdashery ( I really love it )

and also did a small time-lapse video with all printing settings in it

I know my first contribution to this topic is very creative (not), but my son does like me printing Ultimaker robots between more utilitarian prints... I'm sorry for bulky image files; here's an Ultimaker robot scaled up to be 5 times as big as the original:

1/42/43/44/4

It's printed using Ultimaker's red ABS with 0.1mm layer height. Print speed was 75mm/s. The photos were taken without any proofing whatsoever - only the raft was removed.

I'm very interested in comments on the print quality. I used my UM2 in its original form for only about 6 weeks. After those weeks Ultimaker granted me a 9-week pit stop during which I got a bit wild in tuning the thing.

That's a pretty flawless print. Overhangs are as expected I'd say, but other than that it looks very good!

Very cool prints again!

Attached an update to my loose filament spool / holder. It's now updated on https://www.youmagine.com/designs/loose-filament-holder-v3! yeah my 1st public design! and available for download. I had to strenghten the arms a bit (thanks to Dim3nsioneer), make the main part and the cap longer / higher (thanks Skodiar) and in general worked on the tolerances. I printed it know myself again and I think it turned out well. Could still use some tweaking here and there... hope you like it.

I also tried to create a little step by step on how it works / assembles:

Print 4 arms, 1 main, 1 inner, one screw on cap:

loose filament spool / holder - step1

put loose filament on table, main in the middle and start to slide in the arms:

loose filament spool / holder - step2

insert inner (align with the cut outs)..

loose filament spool / holder - step3

...and press down:

loose filament spool / holder - step4

screw on the cap (tight):

loose filament spool / holder - step5

insert the beginning of the spool into the filament holders holes and bend it a bit:

loose filament spool / holder - step6

attach to UM1 or UM2 (should work also) and start printing:

loose filament spool / holder - step7

happy printing guys!

Martin

I haven't posted anything in here in ages. I printed out this friendly little fellow the other night. 0.08mm, 50mm/s, 15 hours.

gremlin1

gremlin2

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:353636

Wow, no bumps, no stringing, no underextrusion - nothing. What kind of sorcery is this?!!?!!11!

Wow, no bumps, no stringing, no underextrusion - nothing. What kind of sorcery is this?!!?!!11!

Yah I kind of needs to know too...

I,ve tried pieces with overhang way easier than this with way shittier result

@IRobertI, really good! Meshmixer expert. Are those standard settings? What's the material?

Great gremlin Robert! Nice job cleaning up those supports too. I need to get into using meshmixer.

Thanks guys but I can't take much credit, the machine does a good job :) And of course I chose a nice angle, you can't see underneath his chin where most of the mess ended up. If you look in the top on the left ear where the support connected you can see the marks left there as well. ( direct link to original image because the image handling on this forum is poop )

Most of the settings are stock. Besides those mentioned above I've increased travel speed to 250mm/s. Retraction is 5mm @ 35mm/s and acceleration has been lowered to 1500. I also print hotter than most @235C (unless my machine measures temps low). And finally the filament was Faberdashery, I just love their stuff.

Meshmix support was a mix of auto generated and some additional struts added in by me.

I finally got the UM Original Dual Extrusion to work properly AND fast.

Swiss Ultimaker Robots

The small robot is printed in standard size, the large one is scaled by 1.5.

Dim3nsioneer I`m waiting for you to create the dual extruder for UM2 now please, I`ll give you one week to complete it :p

@Skint: Yes I know... :mrgreen: :

Kirk to Scotty: "How long do you need for the repairs?"

Scotty: "Captain, give me four hours!"

Kirk: "You have two!"

Scotty: "Ok, I'll do it in one..."

Well, if Ultimaker wants to hire me for that job, they are free to do so... ;)

I finally got the UM Original Dual Extrusion to work properly AND fast.

The small robot is printed in standard size, the large one is scaled by 1.5.

That cross looks painted on! most interesting.

That cross looks painted on! most interesting.

It's not painted, I promise! You may check the model here.

It's not painted, I promise! You may check the model here.

Oh I believe you! I'm just noting how it looks. the way the red blends with the white on the edges is exactly how I expect white paint to look like. It's very cool indeed, the registration looks perfect.

Drool@ dual extruder :D VIDEO! VIDEO!

Yeah now you just need a support material !

Here's a new print. Took about thirty hours. Default supports in Meshmixer worked great. It's sort of a wall mount maybe to hang your keys or something :D

skullTongue

skullTongue2

wow very nice :) what material did you use? And it's painted or something?

Not painted. Not even finished. Just snapped off the supports. The material is from Protoparadigm:

http://www.protoparadigm.com/products/3d-printer-filament/real-world/brass-1/

Looks nothing like brass but I was pleasantly surprised at the look... Almost looks like translucent flesh :cool:

Cool print Andwew! Looks a bit like a faberdashery gold too.