Post your latest print!

IRobertI

Posted · Post your latest print!

Ok, let us kick the expectations to the ground again :p

Allow me to direct your attention to this wonderful green cube™. Very simplistic in its appearance, follwing a practical and function driven bauhauesque style. Every detail has been streamlined as much as possible to provide a simple and clear user experience. Using only square angles (as dictated by geometry) - the green cube™ successfully conveys its intended purpose without making abundant use of superfluous features like those seen in recent competitors. Employing sophisticated color prediction algorithms, the green cube™ provides a vibrant and luminous color, thus making a tedious paint job unnecessary.

the green cube™ - an unprecedented example of style end efficiency.

surface1

Okay thanks Nico, now I feel brave enough to raise the level a bit again (no offense :p). My latest print was https://www.youmagine.com/designs/ultimaker-2-fan-mount-dual--2:

IMG 1010

Venkel was so awesome to post a revised version that actually has a hole for the long head screws. I printed it and am really happy about it.

Oh good I printed the previous version and it did not fit... Is this the one that move the right fan closer to the nozzle?

pm_dude: Yes indeed, my text has a link to the model if you want to check it out. I used the previous one even with the bad fit and I had the impression it helped. Now my printer is pretty again, no more crooked parts ;)

Ok, let us kick the expectations to the ground again :p

Allow me to direct your attention to this wonderful green cube™. Very simplistic in its appearance, follwing a practical and function driven bauhauesque style. Every detail has been streamlined as much as possible to provide a simple and clear user experience. Using only square angles (as dictated by geometry) - the green cube™ successfully conveys its intended purpose without making abundant use of superfluous features like those seen in recent competitors. Employing sophisticated color prediction algorithms, the green cube™ provides a vibrant and luminous color, thus making a tedious paint job unnecessary.

the green cube™ - an unprecedented example of style end efficiency.

The best thing about the green cubeTM is the fact that there is no gap between the lines, right? (How?)

The best thing about the green cubeTM is the fact that there is no gap between the lines, right? (How?)

Yes... My body was not ready for the next post I am about to write in my "layers not touching" thread :)

I have no idea why it works all of the sudden... This is Renthal sliced file though, so either my Mac/Cura is broken or there is witchcraft involved.

@SandervG Wow, how could I miss that post? That's an awesome print and functional too :)

I'm not a huge fan of mechs, but maybe I can make some robots for my next artistic spree ;)

@blizz i installed one of the fan mounts for the UM2 and i had two problems:

1: The fan touches the glass plate fix during the levelling wizard.

2: It changes airflow so much i had to change all my printing parameters (temperature wise)

I changed back to the original fan mount

Didier then you are probably using a different one than I am.

My nozzle still sticks out approximately 5mm from under the guard. I really like the fact that the entire plate the nozzle is mounted against is open with the guard, it makes cleaning easier.

Yes i figured that out :)

Its a fan mount that i printed a while ago but was always to lazy to put in place, the nozzle was barely getting out of the fan mount i think it was getting too cold because of this.

I will try again with the newer version :)

@SandervG Wow, how could I miss that post? That's an awesome print and functional too :)

I'm not a huge fan of mechs, but maybe I can make some robots for my next artistic spree ;)

I can't wait! ;)

Hey guys, about the fan mount - what's special about it? The description on YouMagine doesn't tell anything.

It makes the right fan more efficient (better airflow directed to the print)

The well known celic skull in bronzefill :)

celtic skull in bronzefill

will now going to try different methods of cleaning (e.g. blast cleaning), polishing and aging...

How big is it? Looks very cool i printed it in PLA but in Bronze it looks more badass :mrgreen:

how do you get it to be so shiny? Mine are always getting a bit matte a day or two after.

I tried with dremel but some bits are just too ruff on the surface and polishing compound didnt seems to do much. Steel wool works better but it doesn't get to that point and some print lines persist. Maybe I start too fine.

@Didier: Z=60mm

@pm_dude: no Dremel, steel wool and polishing paste :)

now after blast cleaning and polishing again it is even more shiny :)

IMG 2292

IMG 2291

IMG 2290

My first "successful" (as in finished) print with woodfill:

IMG 1018

Unfortunately I noticed too late that it had considerably slowed down at the end - to respect the minimum layer time - and thus burned the filament. I was too late to correct it.

I have a spool of laywoo-d3 as well around here but I have never managed to print more than half an hour or so before it clogs. The woodfill prints a lot smoother. I assume that the laywoo-d3 is similar to the coarse woodfil, which colorfabb indicates requires a bigger nozzle.

Woodfill print well for me at 45mm/s and up. Under that speed it clog often.

Apparently some (not colorfabb woodfill fine) you can play with the color of the wood by changing print temp. I dont know if it apply to laywoo-d3.