Stop teasing us !!!! :grin: :grin: :grin:

Posted · Post your latest print!

Sweet!

I wish my desk was that clean :p

killer model

LOL that is one seriously clean desk... although if I ever need anyone to print me a transformer autobot... your the man!! :p

Decided to try and add some additional light to the printer. Grabbed a CREE XPG and a cheapo driver for it. Modified the driver to only give the LED 100mA so that I didn't have to bother with heatsinking. After about three semi-failed attempts at printing out a fancy snap in mount for the LED I decided that a drop of super glue would save me a lot of frustration and simplified the mount (still want it to be detachable and it keeps the wires from shorting against the fan shroud).

ledLight01

Excuse the solder joints, I smushed them down with the iron to make them flat.

ledLight02

A simple friction fit ring holds it in place.

ledLight03

Still plenty bright at just 100mA. Actually a bit too bright, I think I might have to re-print the ring in black.

"we would much rather prefer that news be published about such encouraging developments as e-NABLE, a 3D printing community that makes 3D printed prosthetics."

This is an excerpt from an email I got concerning the posting of 3D printed weapons on Youmagine. Specifically a Polymer pistol grip I posted, but I digress. I thought it would be cool to share this video I just received from a customer. This is his daughter, Emma. She has brittle bone disease. She wants to be able to join in the fun with people when they shoot their bows.

Moral of the story, even 3D printed weapons can benefit the disabled :)

bow1

here's a poor quality animated gif if you can't view the video file

bow1

That's too bad, overly cautious legal policies I'm sure..

This is one of the best examples of mechanical printing. And one of the coolest working object prints I've seen. You keep doing what you're doing.

hi,

and the second model from Bold Machines. Also very easy to print.

IMG 1849

IMG 1850

Not my print so I shouldn't really post it here, but I find it so impressive :)

http://www.3ders.org/articles/20141011-3d-print-me-a-horse-head.html

3d-printing-horse-head-15.png

Decided to go ahead and print the Nexus car holder thingy in XT. Took me 4-5 attempts. That's what you get for over engineering stuff. Ended up going back to the basics which worked really well in the first place. But of course one of those prints had to fail as well. What's the round blob you say? Oh, only the little retention ring for the LED light...

nexusHolder3

But eventually it worked and I'm very happy with it. Nice friction fit. Not visible are cutouts at the bottom for charging and headphones.

nexusHolder4

nexusHolder5

I do hate how messy transparent XT looks when printed though. The surface is nice and smooth but it looks like crap. I need to get me some of that coloured XT one of these days I guess.

Except for the engineering problems, why did it fail? Did you have problems printing with XT? I have quite a bit of it here but didn't start to print with it yet.

First fail was adhesion. Forgot to crank up the bed temperature so it failed mid way through. Second I accidentally broke one of the snap fittings on (which is when I abandoned that design). Third it was a teensy teensy bit too tight. Fourth the little ring that fell on the print. It worked after carving it out of there but it was really ugly. I think that was all the failures before I succeeded on the fifth.

i know you miss me :)))

"we would much rather prefer that news be published about such encouraging developments as e-NABLE, a 3D printing community that makes 3D printed prosthetics."

This is an excerpt from an email I got concerning the posting of 3D printed weapons on Youmagine. Specifically a Polymer pistol grip I posted, but I digress. I thought it would be cool to share this video I just received from a customer. This is his daughter, Emma. She has brittle bone disease. She wants to be able to join in the fun with people when they shoot their bows.

Moral of the story, even 3D printed weapons can benefit the disabled :)

here's a poor quality animated gif if you can't view the video file

I'm melting over here......

What's the round blob you say? Oh, only the little retention ring for the LED light...

LMAO!

Decided to go ahead and print the Nexus car holder thingy in XT. Took me 4-5 attempts. That's what you get for over engineering stuff. Ended up going back to the basics which worked really well in the first place. But of course one of those prints had to fail as well. What's the round blob you say? Oh, only the little retention ring for the LED light...

But eventually it worked and I'm very happy with it. Nice friction fit. Not visible are cutouts at the bottom for charging and headphones.

I do hate how messy transparent XT looks when printed though. The surface is nice and smooth but it looks like crap. I need to get me some of that coloured XT one of these days I guess.

Try 100% infill for XT and printing at high temperature (255°C for me) with low fan speed, looks much better and gets rock solid ;)