Post your latest print!

IRobertI

Posted · Post your latest print!

Well I finally decided to grab some bronzefill and give it a go. My normal thing is to print the ultimaker robot with the new material till I find out what settings and how well it prints.

Well first go and it turned out pretty good.

Now I just need to polish it up and see how he shines.

SAM 0133

Very nice. Please post your print settings.

Layer Height: 0.1

Shell Thickness: 1.6

Speed: 30mm/s

Temp: 190

Bed: 50

Did you increase flow rate for the bronzefill ?

@Didier Awesome bird/mouse feeder pic lol

Once again Ultimaker saves Christmas!

Wedges

These 4 wedges were "designed" and printed in a jiffy, to align my christmas tree :D

Retraction settings were spot on!

No, I checked the colorfabb website and there was no mention of increasing the flow so I just left it on 100%.

Layer Height: 0.1

Shell Thickness: 1.6

Speed: 30mm/s

Temp: 190

Bed: 50

Can I ask what fan speed you had set? And you used Venkel's shroud ?

Yes and I used 100% fan at 1mm.

Also zip hop 0.08 to help reduce vibrations. Retraction at max speed and acceleration is 1500.

Yes and I used 100% fan at 1mm.

Also zip hop 0.08 to help reduce vibrations. Retraction at max speed and acceleration is 1500.

Superb! Thanks for the heads up :-) Will try the same. I often use the little robot as a test :-)

Nothing super exciting, just created some ninja feet for my 3DR Delta Printer in Grass color. I received my first shipment of Colorfabb filaments. Just love the glow fill and ninja flex is top notch. Now i know what I've been missing.

Filaments

Ninja Feet

Hope my measurements were correct for your colourfabb Chrisp :p

Just tested to see if I could get a custom logo on a Fairphone case. And found out the results were quite nice.... it's printed with ColorFabb Traffic Red, on a very low speed.

Any details about the software you used?

I used Blender, uv displacement mapping.

And what file did you start with? The blender file provided by Fairphone? That one looks very strange to me...

I finally finished and printed my MosFET relay hack that I started a long time ago!

28   finished PCB 2

finished with case

The design is shared on YouMagine.

I printed the circuit board (and case) with Diamond Age's excellent "Kiwi Lime" PLA. I love this PLA, it prints like a charm and the results are quite strong.

That definitely re-defines "printed" circuit board ;)

Nice one.

And what file did you start with? The blender file provided by Fairphone? That one looks very strange to me...

I just pulled the .blender file from the Fairphone website, and started editing it! What's strange about it, it just works.... B). I am glad when ppl put the original files online (and not just the .stl....). This way it makes live so much easier to change designs.

I just pulled the .blender file from the Fairphone website, and started editing it! What's strange about it, it just works.... B). I am glad when ppl put the original files online (and not just the .stl....). This way it makes live so much easier to change designs.

That's what's strange:

Fairphone Case Branded Vs Template

top: template (from blender file)

bottom: 'branded' (from stl)

The template has really strange angles... I'm pretty sure it shouldn't look like that. Which Blender version are you using?

That's indeed quite strange! I use Blender 2.72b 64-bit on a windows box. Using the file 'FairphoneCommunity.blend" from the zip at the fairphone support forum. I It looks like the visible layer is ok. But somehow the 'SimpleDeform' modifier doesn't seem right. Because at the upper picture it only affects the sides of the object, and not the object as a whole.

At my setup the settings are as follows (see screenshot, right below).

SimpleDeform

- Blend

- Origin: Cube

- Angle: 11 degrees

- Limits: 0.25/0.75

This modifier should bend the object as a whole. Instead of only the sides. (Quite cool btw!!!)

screenshot of blender on fairphone case source file

[edit: maybe we should continue this on the software part of the forum... Blender deserves its own topic :-)]

Just tested to see if I could get a custom logo on a Fairphone case. And found out the results were quite nice.... it's printed with ColorFabb Traffic Red, on a very low speed.

Very nice. If you want to remove the vertical lines print the case with a 45 degree rotation

45degree