Post your latest print!

IRobertI

Posted · Post your latest print!

Nice fridge enhancement for the stacked yoghurts.

I always love those practical prints! Need to keep that in mind :)

I usually give my grandparents a bouquet for new year (today), but since this is the first year I have my printer I decided to go a bit different about it :)

Flower pot

The faces were done via the pause at z plugin and changing the filament at that point. They are in glow in the dark. So the last layer of the face and the eyes/mouth glow when the lights are of. Very nice effect but a bit creepy ;)

Blizz - lovely bouquet! Any chance of sharing it perhaps? ;-) I would print the "smile" parts separately and then glue them to the place, for the simplicity.

And of course - Happy New Year!

Happy New Year Folks!

I made this Glowfill Frisbee to toss around last night.

2mm thickness and with a diameter very close to the limitations of the build plate.

Glowfill Frisbee

• Like 1

The new year starts with something I wanted to do for about 2-3 years!

I'm one of those who sometime listen music while riding and playback control with big mittens can be a pain. I wanted something clean with big buttons. Now that I switched to Android I have no use of the volume control so it was easier to make.

It's a case cover for the iLuv playback control

iLuv control case

iLuv control case

Fits on my pocket for easy access

iLuv control case

https://www.youmagine.com/designs/iluv-playback-control-case

Blizz - lovely bouquet! Any chance of sharing it perhaps? :wink: I would print the "smile" parts separately and then glue them to the place, for the simplicity.

Shurik, it's from thingiverse: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:244500

I like my beer in my own printed https://youmagine.com/designs/random-vase-hex. In ColorFabb XT it prints wonderfull. It looks a bit 'frozen'.

Just don't switch on the heated bed ... :O

And another utility print. Got that acrylic sheet for something like 2 months and never took the time to make the base.

https://www.youmagine.com/designs/um2-plexi-holder

large_IMG_20150104_122755.jpg

• Like 1

Really nice print on this topic !!! :)

This is the print that I made :)

IMAG1429

IMAG1398

IMAG1363

IMAG1343

IMAG1414

Problem with the vase .. it is not waterproof because it is in PLA :grin:

This yogi style vase I just created for a special yogi.

It's printed at the Kossel delta printer, around 26 cm high. As you probably will see, there are some 'vibrations' in the print. This has to do with the frame (totally) unenforced.

Sorry I'm posting again about the acrylic front cover.

I felt it was too massive on the front of the beautiful UM2 so I made another version.

https://www.youmagine.com/designs/um2-plexi-hook

large_IMG_20150104_154149.jpg

@Adrien " Problem with the vase .. it is not waterproof because it is in PLA :grin: "

To get a watertight vase increase the flowrate specially on the bottom layers, else just cover the inside with PVC glue ..

My last print: an icospher collar for my wife. Printed with bronze fill. I didn't sand it because I wanted the printing lines to stay visible and give a more "handmade" style. I polished more the edges and less the faces. Modelled in blender (modeling was quite fast in fact: add an icosphère, add an array modifier with an empty to change the scale and a boolean modifier to make the holes):

dsc08230.jpg

dsc08254.jpgdsc08257.jpg

I know a lot of artists are following and reading this thread so I wanted to notify you about this new contest we are hosting:

http://umforum.ultimaker.com/index.php?/topic/8880-ultimaker-hero-design-contest/

Hi guys and girls,

I fell in love with this model when I saw it on thingiverse. It turned out to be a Phantom Titan from the Warhammer 40K games.

I've cut every part, the gun, the arm, the leg etc. in two pieces to print it properly at 0.1 height. Then sanded, applied plastic putty and sanded again. It's the first model on which I have used an airbrush and I love how smooth some of the transitions can be made with it. Additionally some stones and scenery were printed to make a base for the Titan. The total height is 15 cm. Enjoy!

Phantom Titan

Phantom Titan

Phantom Titan

Phantom Titan

Phantom Titan

• Like 1

BaasB... really nice man, great post work!

I could not resist printing one of the T-Rex skulls from MakerBot Academy, found here:

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:308335

Images are straight off the printer.

Printed in two parts using Bronzefill. 50mms @ 210c, bed@60. Increase flow rate to 105%

Can I be bothered to try and polish any of it to actually look like bronze?? One day... :shock:

IMG 1917

IMG 1918

Print orientation of the two parts.

IMG 1915

IMG 1914

Very nice print. I think it will look very cool when polished.

I also like the mat look of bronzefill unpolished :) it will probably look very cool polished too.

But no way it printed the bottom part oriented like that with no support? Or did it?

@ Nico yeah I should really polish it...after-all I did print it to see what bronzefill looked like when polished, I havent post worked any bronzefill yet, im too lazy :p

@Didier... Yep, Printed perfectly with no supports. Its a great model. There are a few rougher patches, but who cares when your printing a Dinosaur Fossil lol :p

I fancied doing a much larger version. but this was already total 16 hours. Was worried about bronzefill clogging on the last 10 minutes of a 40 hour print lol

That jaw is such a good overhang test. Great result :)

Your right PM, i thought about adding some supports but went without, worked quite well. Slightly rough underside but not too bad. Printing with Bronzefill is tricky because I find that to get a better flow of material its good to print quickly, a little quicker than you normally would with standard PLA...normally i would try printing small sharp teeth quite slowy but not with this. There is a sabretooth tiger skull too... :p

Your right PM, i thought about adding some supports but went without, worked quite well. Slightly rough underside but not too bad. Printing with Bronzefill is tricky because I find that to get a better flow of material its good to print quickly, a little quicker than you normally would with standard PLA...normally i would try printing small sharp teeth quite slowy but not with this. There is a sabretooth tiger skull too... :p

There maybe something causing your flow problem. I have emptied a roll of bronzefill with no issues. printing at 100% flow and a lot of prints at 30mm/s and 190deg.

or were you wanting to print slower than that?