Post your latest print!

IRobertI

Posted · Post your latest print!
That's interesting - can you take a picture of the ultimaker that was use to make this object? I am especially interested to see the hot end. ;)

The Ultimaker IS on the photo. But not showing the hotend. It's the stock hotend V2, twice, next to eachother. With the fan on front. However, this isn't mounted properly yet, as the fan shroud is melting.

Disassabling and reassembling with the dual-head took me about a day. It's crowded and it's easy to make a mistake. (Note that it's a side project of mine. It's not ready for production, so do not ask if/when we will sell it. As we cannot tell)

Here is a city Ive created personally and printed in miniature (see lighter for reference) I'm really wondering what happened to some of the buildings (pic 1). Is it too much plastic or out of alignment?

I recently lost a screw on the part that hods the best to the rod which honestly i have no clue what it is called! (pic 2) Can i buy one at the local hardware store or do i have to order another and if i can get one at the hardware store what size is it?

The next thing is a picture of a dial mount i have for calibrating the print bed i think it looks really cool attached to the head ;) (pic 3)

IMG_2386.jpg

IMG_2387.jpg

IMG_2388.jpg

Alternativly you can look for a DIN913 M4 grub screw, 4mm long on ebay.

Printing snowygrouch's aluplate/peek cooling fanduct. Thank you very much for the STL.

I think finally I have my Ultimaker almost perfectly tuned! :D

edit: I would like to thank everyone here for the great information and help in getting an Ultimaker set up and troubleshooting the growing pains. :)

1j0xll.jpg

large image:http://i.imgur.com/1j0xl.jpg

small video:

Here's a print I ran last night. My 3 kids have names starting with S so I thought this would be a cute little piece to do!

Used Pearl white at 210C with 0.1mm layer thickness.

very nice and clean print !

congradulations.

Ian :D

I did this print a week ago, it was a 3D scan of myself adjusted in Rhino3D and printed at 80% scale size.

it took about 5 1/2 hours to print (my longest so far)

but unfortunately the ABS spool got tangled, and broke, and stopped short of the last bit of my head :roll:

printed with ABS, and was my first experience with ABS, due to the large volume it deformed a lot, and barely stayed attached to the bed.

and several cracks appeared soon after finish, but mostly at the back.

8870537.jpeg

Did you print that solid???

Did you print that solid???

just the standard 20% infill.

solid would have taken weeks :lol:

xeno: What did you use to make the scan?

It was done with this handscanner

4C-Creative-CADCAM-Consultants_4363_image.jpg

took mere seconds, and has a crazy high mesh density.

I invited them to my workplace to do a demo.

is that you Zeno in the photo ?

your cute ! ;-)

Ian :lol: :lol:

looking at the price tag, i hope she comes with the handscanner.

what does some thing like that cost ?

what does some thing like that cost ?

They cost around € 14.000 :O

but it was the best and fastest scanner I had seen.

I am still hoping somebody will start a Kickstarter project for something like this :mrgreen:

in combination with an Ultimaker would make an awsome set.

I am still struggling with the david laser scanner, it works but it is still labour intensive.

you could write some g-code to move the head with a laser strapped to it and feed that to david?

I wanted to give the new extruder a proper test so I decided to print out this frog at twice the size and 0.1mm layers. For the slicer I picked KISSlicer since it does an insane amount of retraction (seriously, it's nuts. Take a look around 9 seconds in

). Unfortunately I didn't notice that a new version of the frog had been uploaded since I downloaded it a long time ago without the crazy overhangs so the underside of this print isn't exactly perfect.

Oh well, at least the new extruder did its job. The last time I tried this model at normal size it didn't make it past 2-3mm height before the filament was ground to a powder due to all the retractions. Now it worked perfectly for the 7+ hours the print took to complete.

robert is it possible for you to save and send me the profile your using with kissclicer ?

i tried it a few times and it always drove my ultimaker nuts...

by the way, super cool print !!!! :-)

I tried Kisslicer a few weeks ago, and have never looked back. Its far from perfect, and has alot of

room for improvement in configuring infill and support options. But as far as retraction performance

and slicing speed goes, its absolutely unbeatable. It slices about 10x faster than anything else I have tried,

and the strings are basically gone.

Hopefully the new CURA version might be improved, didnt try it yet.

C.

The speed is just crazy. I sliced an object last night in 13 seconds, in cura it took almost 3 minutes... I don't even think Netfabb can match it there. The thing that bugs me the most right now is that it seems to do a LOT of unnecessary jumping and retracting which adds time to the print for no reason. It needs something like Skeinforge's "comb" (or maybe it's already there but I haven't found it?). Also it needs a serious overhaul of the interface, it looks straight out of the 90s :D

Ian, I think it's better to check the link to the google groups (*sigh*) in the other thread instead as my settings are quite old.

First version of an ear bud holder. Not quite happy with it yet but it's ok so far.

Sucky print quality due to incorrect filament diameter and semi-popped bowden (had to restart twice to get the last shell out). I've fixed that now though so quality should be back to normal.

5a330d0da5acf_553c56b8743991.jpg.d7b8ef5b00c75e976045a74cd8f7aebd.jpg

Capture2.thumb.jpg.6b62818ce565e3adbb3a194bd13bc2f4.jpg

UMCommunity_emptytopic.thumb.jpg.8e41f7b704cdba9e2b7383f939a0a801.jpg

5a330d0e67b51_Firstlayerviewdetail.thumb.jpg.e31495eaadd2ec1348913944ae2a2566.jpg

very cool model Robert.

But what exactly is it ?

just to hold your ear phones ??

Ian :D