Post your latest print!

IRobertI

Posted · Post your latest print!

I printed this about 7 months ago to hold my bug zapper outside. It's screwed into concrete with tapcons.

2015 01 13 17.39.26

Still looks and feels the same as when it was printed. It's not in direct sunlight the entire day but definitely receives enough to effect it. So far it's held up really well.

I needed to make something Stargate related as well.

replicator block

Eventually I'd like to build an actual replicator out of the blocks but man... I saw someone else who did it and it took 200 pieces. Not sure I have the patience for that.

"Episode"? The replicators were a major plot line in both SG-1 and Atlantis, spanning several seasons :)

HA! I don't remember anything about replicators! :oops: It wasn't one of my fav shows, but I know I've seen a bunch

Since those things are made of mostly the same part, it would probably be quicker and more efficient to mould the pieces. Make a 5-10 piece mold, cast one or two batches a day and you're golden.

Advantage is that you could use some high quality engineering grade resin.

I left a black PLA part outside for a year, it got some discoloration and little change in shape, but nothing too bad.

And here is may last print, once again a necklace, modelled in Blender with procedural texture and array modifier. This way, I can add as many pearls I want, every one is unique.

Just a tip: better not use "print at once" to prevent the small oozing patches when the head jumps to the next pearl. They are quite annoying with bronzefill as they tend to be more polished than the rest.

dsc08343.jpg

dsc08344.jpg

dsc08347.jpg

• Like 1

After finally dealing with and fixing not one but two separate problems that have plagued me for a while now, I decided it was time to waste some filament and print a frivolous 'long' print. I was not brave enough to do a 18 hour print, but this hour long one did nicely.

It is 67P/Churyumov-Gerasimenko, printed from data supplied by ESA. Proper color and all. It might be one of the most elaborate ways of obtaining STL data :D The real print is actually quite a bit nicer than in the picture. The details are pretty good, despite its rather small size. It is not amazing and does not really compare to the other prints here, but it's decent enough.

I might do a bigger one later on, when I have the settings dialled in a little more.

gallery_36399_1711_274966.png

Warthog 1 1Warthog 1 2

Presenting the latest prototype of my WARTHOG extruder drive!

It's made of lasered stainless steel (3mm for the gears, 2mm for the rest) and printed PLA parts. I used Diamond Age Kiwi Lime PLA, printed at 200°C, 0.2mm layer height and 35mm/s speed.

The extruder drive is almost functional, just a few things missing. Once the design is working, I'll publish it on YM.

Just finished my biggest print to date:

Extractor wall mount

The fume extractor above my stove has a circular exit hole and comes with a large circular flex tube that you are supposed to connect to an exit hole in your wall... However, my apartment is not of modern date (about 100 yo), and the exit hole is rectangular...

The circular stud of this print goes inside the extractor tube, and is one of two pieces that will connect circular-tube with rectangular-hole. The other part im printing has the same size base but a rectangular stud that fits the hole in the wall...

Once done, I will bolt them both, base-to-base, inside the kitchen cabinet that cover the wall hole..

Printed in white PLA, with a 0.6 mm. nozzle, 200°C, 0.2mm. layers, 100 mm/s print speed.

Part 2:

It very much reminds me of the problem Apollo 13 had, fitting a square filter in a round hole. The prints look nice!

I've been working on a Harley Quinn bust with stand recently. I've fixed the hood, removed the support and filled some imperfections. Just lots of priming and sanding to do now!

Harley Quinn Bust _07

IMG 3873Harley Quinn Bust _05

Harley Quinn Bust _01

Some really nice prints on these forums as always.

For the past week all kinds of great ideas have been going through my mind about how to make my dremel workstation easier to print, use less filament, and easier ways to adjust both axis and how they rotate. This is the forth version i have designed from scratch which is called the MARS 2 (GEO) MultiAxisRotaryStation. I dove deep into designing this version with geometrical shapes, tension springs, and linear bearings. the last version did not use bearings and works great, but I wanted to have a version that moves up and down easier. Anyhow, this is what I'm currently printing over the weekend.

Anyhow, this is what I'm currently printing over the weekend.

Very curious about the end result!

Very curious about the end result!

I was able to complete it last night after 25+ hours of straight printing. I did have to reprint 1 small part and fix the file slightly, but it looks, feels, and works as intended. The only thing I'm missing are some 8mm rods about 12" in length. The ones I have are just a little short, but good enough for testing. The carriage weighs about 2lbs. Fully assembled with the brake/locking mechanism attached.

Here are some pics of the MARS 2. There's a total of 12 printed parts and I printed the prototype in my least favorite color, since i had a full roll sitting around.

This is my contribution of this weekend. A bicycle chain clothes protector. For the small disks (16cm) found on tandems it is difficult to find a protector. Here is the idea:

Bicycle chain guard

It is mounted using 3 tie raps.

Bicycle chain guard

Now lets see how long it holds and if it does its work.

I always "Like" StarGate content but those low poly circles really bug me.

Exactly the same thought I had. For this reason, I have the emblem completely new designed and then printed in max size. Now everything is symmetrical and the circles are round. :mrgreen:

Stargate emblem

In addition, you can now stand up or hang up the emblem

IMG 2139

IMG 2140

There ya go. That's better :D

Beautiful!

There ya go. That's better :D

I see exactly the same way :wink:

Beautiful!

Thanks, I've uploaded it to Thingiverse if anyone has interest.

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:642680

nice print dirk!

Made the weapon Thorn from the game Destiny.

IMG 20150119 WA0017

• Like 1