Post your latest print!

IRobertI

Posted · Post your latest print!

Hi Sander,

I am not yet into printing locomotives and other 'rolling stock'. But you never know in the future, the details on those is quite a challenge. But bigger parts for my track work out quite well with the printer.

My station is an other good example on use of the printer.

I was quite glad that Cura was able to split the stl's in multiple parts it makes designing the parts easier since you can draw it as a whole and then make a very thin cut in the part and let Cura make the multiple printable parts. It would take a lot more work to draw the parts separate. For example the pit is basically a hollow cylinder but it is 310mm so you can't print it. Then you make a tiny intersection into the cylinder and let Cura split it and then you have 4 printable parts. Drawing 1 section and repeat it in into a circle is more work for drawing it.

Next step is making it operational in the layout.

Nice work Joev89, looks pretty accurate positioning too!

2016 will mean me being at home a bit more for the next few weeks/months, so I need to plan some print projects :p

@Skint, why?

It doesn't sound like you extended your holiday. (although that would be nice!)

Did you?

This is a cool project.

e-nable is also worth looking into :)

Why.... oh my, one word..

BABY !!!

Argh, due on the 19th Jan. So I am planning to stay home for as long as I can, or until cash runs out :/

Yes mate, 1st one! Exciting and Terrifying haha.

Yeah I remember Didier when he had his baby, printing all sorts of things. Hopefully I have enough energy to think stuff up, after not sleeping for a whole 6 months lol

Well I hear some babies sleep quite well in between feedings if you are lucky.

Otherwise, maybe these earplugs are a nice first print ;)

Hi Skint,

Congratulations with the new addition. Yes it takes time but it is also very interesting to see the development.

• Like 1

Posted (edited) · Post your latest print!

Despite some trouble with the quality of the print, the pieces came together nicely for assembly.

This is from a fun tutorial on Adafruit's website.  Asides printing the pieces, the additional pieces cost close to $150 and assembly/soldering is something I enjoy.  I had to make some minor changes to the Arduino's code (changing the direction to BACKWARD from FORWARD), I found smoother operation when the slider was pulling TO the stepper motor and not being pushed from it.

I haven't done many time lapse tests with it yet, but I am looking forward to it!

In this setup, I printed out an iPhone 4 holder and attached it to the camera mount.

slider.thumb.jpg.2a64ffc92a2fd74ae742a5ba642e0670.jpg

slider.thumb.jpg.2a64ffc92a2fd74ae742a5ba642e0670.jpg

Edited by Guest
    • Like 4

@Skint, why?

Did you?

This is a cool project.

BABY !!!

Argh,  due on the 19th Jan.  So I am planning to stay home for as long as I can, or until cash runs out :/

Congrats mate ;)

Brace yourself short nights are coming!

@LePaul, that looks really great! I love 3d printed stuff combined with mechanics and electronics!

ps: is that not an R2 in the background? 3d printed also? :)

@Skint, why?

Did you?

This is a cool project.

BABY !!!

Argh,  due on the 19th Jan.  So I am planning to stay home for as long as I can, or until cash runs out :/

Congrats mate ;)

Brace yourself short nights are coming!

Haha Thanks Didier, I am sure I will be emailing you for Nappy Changing technique`s :p

@LePaul, that looks really great! I love 3d printed stuff combined with mechanics and electronics!

Great eye for detail ;)

Great eye for detail ;)

Yes, one of my two full-size R2-D2s. And that's a uGlobe Pleo, a baby robotic dinosaur that is fun to let chase the cats. I posted the link to my Facebook page so you can see all the nerdy-do-gooder things we do in our community.

The slider is neat, I need to test it out with my DSLR.

@LePaul, congratulations for the recognition! I can only applaud you (and R2's), your efforts in your community. Well done.

Greetings from Switzerland

• Like 1

Great eye for detail ;)

Yes, one of my two full-size R2-D2s.  And that's a uGlobe Pleo, a baby robotic dinosaur that is fun to let chase the cats.  I posted the link to my Facebook page so you can see all the nerdy-do-gooder things we do in our community.

The slider is neat, I need to test it out with my DSLR.

In order to fund your expensive 3D printing hobby, I will happily pay you $100 for just one of your R2-D2 units ( including shipping to UK of-course ) haha :p

Oh @skint, you are so generous!

I wish the world knew more Skints :p

@LePaul: Are you in the BB8-Builders club group on Facebook yet? It's incredible what people do there... and guess what they think is the best 3D printer for producing your own BB-8: an Ultimaker2... :)

Yes, I am a part of that group and I have printed a few pieces on my Ultimaker Original. I keep hoping @Sandervg will ship me a free Ultimaker 2+ but apparently it is lost in the mail? :)

I'd like to work on the bigger pieces with BB-8 but since we have obtained new data since the movie came out, interested to see how that works.

Everytime I have enough funds put asides for a new printer, a pet gets sick. I had to euthanize my 16 year old cat in October and this week, the 15 year old cat got very sick. We racked up a $625 bill Monday and then the medications. Frustrating...but pets are family and you do what you have to do.

Well you still have some time until May 26th 2017... ;)

Today I was able to successfully navigate a train on my turntable!

Here is a picture how it looks integrated on my track.

P1020857.thumb.JPG.577ff9d2d09f0b661b979ab0b3660a35.JPG

All parts are available on YouMagine

https://www.youmagine.com/designs/h0-train-turntable

Now write some software to get my track really going....

P1020857.thumb.JPG.577ff9d2d09f0b661b979ab0b3660a35.JPG

• Like 1

Nothing too amazing, but i'm quite happy with how the material turned out on this print. I used Formfutura ABSpro white filament and printed on my Ultimaker 2 Extended.

eTsz38I.jpg

MSdjsLh.jpg

• Like 3

Here comes first serious print with the U2+...

Took this R2D2 from web and didnt really do anything in Cura

IMG_1275.thumb.JPG.067f0616e92f22525834015608f47a03.JPG

IMG_1277.thumb.JPG.1da8061a1a1fed27814ba07f7e7c0f60.JPG

...sorry...not sure why its turning the images this way, and dont know how to correct that in this forum software.

IMG_1275.thumb.JPG.067f0616e92f22525834015608f47a03.JPG

IMG_1277.thumb.JPG.1da8061a1a1fed27814ba07f7e7c0f60.JPG

I noticed some phones(BB10 among them) do that to the pictures yes.

Decent R2D2, without any tweaking. I'm sure you can get a nicer print with some setting tweaks :)

I noticed some phones(BB10 among them) do that to the pictures yes.

Decent R2D2, without any tweaking. I'm sure you can get a nicer print with some setting tweaks :)

what kid of setting tweaks? i am new...lots to learn!