Post your latest print!

IRobertI

Posted · Post your latest print!

Thinking about following snowygrouch's approach to the shortbelts, getting rid of them that is. I already have the rods and couplers. Now I just need to muster up the courage to tear apart a fully working printer... I'm not quite there yet :D

While waiting for that to happen I designed a few parts for it.

That is a sweet model. Think I'll have to print it just because it's cool :) (then look at it for five minutes before dumping it into the bag of random stuff never to be seen again :p ).

I've been using this model to test freshly made experimental PLA fillament. This was sliced with kisslicer at 0.16 mm with 33% infill. Takes about 3,5 hours to print.

I've seen those colors before, did your red also contain some black spots in the filament on the roll?

I've been using this model to test freshly made experimental PLA fillament. This was sliced with kisslicer at 0.16 mm with 33% infill. Takes about 3,5 hours to print.

I've seen those colors before, did your red also contain some black spots in the filament on the roll?

Hi Daid, yes it did. Printed fine though, I was a little worried it might clog the nozzle but no such thing happened. Have you printed with the material?

That is a sweet model. Think I'll have to print it just because it's cool :) (then look at it for five minutes before dumping it into the bag of random stuff never to be seen again :p ).

Haha, that's a very familiar scenario. I have three bags right now, but its cool because it shows the quality of prints 1,5 years ago when retraction didn't exist, nor did cura or kisslicer. Lots has changed!

Hi Daid, yes it did. Printed fine though, I was a little worried it might clog the nozzle but no such thing happened. Have you printed with the material?

Not sure how much red we printed. But the gold/yellow one we printed a full roll. The main problem with the rolls we had was diameter consistency, the diameter varied quite a bit, and the filament wasn't always round. So not all prints came out pretty.

Is there a reason for the material secrecy?

8388503193_7141629fc1_c.jpg

Probably a little bit of overextrusion, some of the lines are quite visible. The generated support structure from kisslicer works really well.

8388503455_3654704084_c.jpg

8388503063_192fbab79f_c.jpg

Apart from the gold hexagon duplo track all models are sliced with kisslicer, at 0.16mm layerheight.

We are printing the body for our robotics vehicle (chassis are ready-made).

real1.jpg

real2.jpg

All the 3D models are made with Blender and freely available on GitHub. For more pictures, videos and information about the vehicle, plase take a look at our web site:

http://veterobot.com

I was wondering why use 33% infill? There is no structural strength needed, so wouldn't an infill of 10 or 15% be enough? Or is there some magical anti-warping or surface quality considerations involved?

I'm pretty new to printing and haven't strayed much from the default Cura settings (besides enabling retraction and support). So I am pretty interested in what I can change and why.

Jeroen

I was wondering why use 33% infill? There is no structural strength needed, so wouldn't an infill of 10 or 15% be enough? Or is there some magical anti-warping or surface quality considerations involved?

I used 33% infill because I was testing PLA materiaal and deliberately wanted to use a lot of fillament. But you are right you could print this with a lot less infill, it might even be posible to print this model hollow.

You can print it hollow, I have. Been experimenting a bit with that model and very fine layers (0.04) but I get "fuzz" on some parts of the model for some reason, not sure why. But it ruins the print. Seems like if you go below about 0.08 or so you start losing quality. At least on my machine.

morning guys.

i just wanted to say there are some really beautiful clean models being made here recently.

its kinda cool to see the progress in quality on the side of the users and of course of ultimaker.

really cool !

Ian :-)

my last compliments does not mean ! stop ;-)

If you insist :)

finished this a while ago but never posted the full rocket assembled...with cat 8-)

7106132.jpeg

Awesome! And nice cat! (+5 points for the cat)

the cat must have taken hours to do and the retraction must have been crazy to get those wiskers right... !

respect !

Ian :D

:lol: :lol:

I keep getting requests to post these, so here goes.

1) SG's most excellent direct drive upgrade. never tension those stupid short belts, never have a naf print again. nice work SG!

p1000058mb.jpg

of course, all self-respecting UM owners have already made this upgrade, so it's hardly news I realize, I'm a bit late with this..

2) a finger no less. printed directly to a hot bed which costs £20 to make, oh and dual extrusion too from a hybrid V2 and an all metal hotend.

p1000059b.jpg

(cos I was twiddling my fingers waiting for UM to make a hot bed, then I thought, let's just do it. so if I can do it, you can do it so much easier!)

amazing setup ! respect !

Ian :-)

Mystery object of the day, what have I printed ?

it is the first print on my Ultimaker+, and took around 32 Hours, with 0.1 layer,

Cura almoste choked on the filesize and took 15 minutes to load the model and Gcode :)

8411247.jpeg

That's a big first print :shock:

Well done.

I think you could have gotten away without support except for those 2 buttons on the palm. The UM can print overhangs of 60 to 70 degrees. Definitely 45 degrees is no problem. :)

Maybe I could have done without support, but the fingers had some edges that were sticking out, and didn't want to take the chance :)

after I cleaned the print I can see if it is neccesery for the right hand.

very nice work Xeno - is it articulated?