Post your latest print!

IRobertI

Posted · Post your latest print!

Not yet, but will be made into a glove :cool:

all the finger parts will be seperated, and on the back (not visible) a hand cover plate will be seperate also.

The main idea is that I wanted to print full scale, that was why I rebuild it to an Ultimaker+ :)

maybe this gives more idea what this is about :cool:

(and if it still doesn't ring a bell, maybe my avatar will give it away)

7159324.jpeg

7264304.jpeg

7293868.jpeg

Is there a software you are generating these "Swiss" models with Daid or are you pulling them off somewhere? Sculpting that as is in CAD would suuuuuuuuuck...

Here you go, Vampire Lord Bust from Skyrim: Dawnguard DLC. Sliced with KisSlicer. Took about 40 hours to print and is about 7 inches tall. Spraypainted with some plastikote grey primer. More pictures can be found here:

http://www.facebook.com/DennisMejillones

886194_622035907813770_1709928282_o.jpg

amazing!! I would definitely like to give this a try myself, but i already read elsewhere that the STL is not public :(

Great job.

Good news, I got permission to post the stl file on thingyverse. I have a few changes to make to it but it will be going up very soon :) I will post a link once its up.

Yesterday I started this print, http://goo.gl/xy58J , sliced with the new cura 13.03. The cut off bottem feature is absolutely superb, great work Daid! Saved me a lot of time having to edit .STL in Rhinoceros.

The bracelet is scaled to fit the ultimaker printbed, it is HUGE!

8586301886_02636c2731_z.jpg

Is there a software you are generating these "Swiss" models with Daid or are you pulling them off somewhere? Sculpting that as is in CAD would suuuuuuuuuck...

They are on thingiverse:

http://www.thingiverse.com/tag:Voronoi

hehe cool now I know what im printing for the weekend ;-)

looks very beautiful !

Ian :-)

Yesterday I started this print, http://goo.gl/xy58J , sliced with the new cura 13.03. The cut off bottem feature is absolutely superb, great work Daid! Saved me a lot of time having to edit .STL in Rhinoceros.

The bracelet is scaled to fit the ultimaker printbed, it is HUGE!

8586301886_02636c2731_z.jpg

actually what settings are best used in Cura to do this above model ???

what retraction settings are used ??

Thanks.

here is one from me last week, a part of a larger presentation I had to finish. Modelling the roof on the front building was fun fun fun....

can i add attachments in this new forum ????

A cool head modeled by a friend and printed by me. Sliced with Cura 13.03. Support was manually removed with pliers.

IMG 1062

this is the first try, it can probably be improved a lot when tweaking slicer options (and I have some belts tightening to do as well).

A cool head modeled by a friend and printed by me. Sliced with Cura 13.03. Support was manually removed with pliers.

this is the first try, it can probably be improved a lot when tweaking slicer options (and I have some belts tightening to do as well).

That is a cool head :)

actually what settings are best used in Cura to do this above model ???

what retraction settings are used ??

Thanks.

Hi Ian,

I used standard retraction settings on this model. Printed with 1.2mm wall thickness, 0,2mm layer height, 0% infill and at 20mm/s. One other trick to help print this model a bit easier is by scaling it up to fit the entire print bed. I think this might work better because this means more filament is actually printed opposed to a lot of retraction and very little printing.

We also printed some original sized bracelets that came out beautifully. On these we used double the retraction speed, so 80mm/s. sliced with cura at 30mm/s, at various layer height. Will post an image after the holidays.

Gijs

amazing!! I would definitely like to give this a try myself, but i already read elsewhere that the STL is not public :(

Great job.

Hi SandervG, as promised, here is the link to the stl on thingiverse. Have fun :)

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:68070

8609566054_8d4976b28f_z.jpg

Klein Bottles by Dizingof - http://goo.gl/9JBe8

Sliced with Kisslicer - 0.2mm layerheight - 0% infill - 3 loops.

Printed with PLA/PHA filament Warm Red

Happy easter holidays!

Nice model Vsions! Worthy of a big print!

8613240415_cf7176a647_z.jpg

Sliced with Kisslicer, 0,16mm layerheight, 0% infill, 4loops,

Print time: 10 hours

weight: 130g

total height: 18 cm

printed with PLA/PHA Olympic Gold

Designer: http://www.thingiver.../Vsions/designs

Model: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:68070

8614349288_389655dd01_z.jpg

Printing into the air, or actulally just on two little strings of PLA/PHA that saved this print :)

Hi SandervG, as promised, here is the link to the stl on thingiverse. Have fun :)

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:68070

Thank you for notifying me! But i already downloaded the file! ^^

Hopefully i can find the time soon to print this beautiful model.

Thanks a lot!

Colorfab, that looks fantastic! that pla is pretty awesome.

SandervG, thanks! I am looking forward to seeing how yours turns out :)

So am i ;)

I think i will give it a try this evening.

@ Gadgetfreak, will that model become available as well? (i just read it will be, awesome!)

/Vsions, in what software do you/does he usually model/sculp?

I used to be illustrator and my main passion was drawing characters. I am working on converting these drawings/ideas

into 3D but i am still searching for the best software. I am (to some level) familiar with Blender and Sculptris.

But i find both not ideal, perhaps a combination would work better. But if anybody can recommend a software (preferable affordable :p), that would be great. I prefer sculpting over 'building' your model.

Zbrush would be my recommendation hands down. You could get a model from start to finish out of that software and it easily has the best sculpting tools. The other thing to consider is that even though it costs around $600-$700 you get free upgrades for life and the upgrades usually add some significant improvements.