Post your latest print!

IRobertI

Posted (edited) · Post your latest print!

Thats why I love Dynamesh in Zbrush. It a real game changer. It means you simply remesh whenever in trouble and, as if by magic your have clean geometry. Obviously you need to understand what you are doing in the first place but once you do, meshes are totally irrelevant! It truly is like working with clay!

Edited by cloakfiend

Posted · Post your latest print!

And my first real agisoft scan and print. I spent a few hours cleaning this up but didnt really need to. Only one lace was messed up and the logos. The rest was cosmetic. And a the sole is simplified because i lost interest as it was only a test....

Cute Airmax 95, my left one.

Heard some weird grinding sounds from the head during this one so glad to see it came out ok!

20180908_173420.jpg

20180912_190018.jpg

20180912_190149.jpg

• Like 3

And the Black Edition....(pre plated of course) I went real light on the acetone as i wanted to keep all the tiny details that an abs acetone vapour bath would have no chance in keeping. I used a tiny brush to apply the acetone. I should have gone heavier but after a plate ill be able to polish it up anyway!

20180912_212517.jpg

20180912_212444.jpg

20180912_212535.jpg

• Like 4

Thanks man, I think I got this scanning business down now... Im happy I don't need to rely on expensive online services anymore! I just found some 4K drone footage of some iconic london buildings! only from a few angles but I don't really care, I've not printed buildings before and can't wait to give it a go this weekend!

• Like 1

Some ornament tests I have done in Polyalchemy Elixr. Printed as fast as possible at 0.2mm layer heights. Just got the capps and wires in today so I thought I would string a few up and see how they photograph.

DSC02989.thumb.jpg.0c5cff59320805b50c3173b7680f34c0.jpg

DSC02992.thumb.jpg.d54d298836a5afeafcc9407cd9ad0123.jpg

DSC02993.thumb.jpg.3ec2afe02405ca14b00c7b38d7b13cce.jpg

• Like 5

2 hours ago, cloakfiend said:

not sure if these will ever be finished but this is the arty direction they have taken....mamy more to do no many hours to do them in.

20180912_143029.jpg

20180912_145108.jpg

Are these drawings, or 3D-scans from real people?

If real, it could be kind of fun mounting them on animal bodies, like mermaids, horses, dragons,... (I don't know the correct names for all these mythological inbetween human and animal forms).

They are my work colleagues, im going to do bobble dogs as well. Ill do silly bobble heads for myself. Ive done 21 of these. Still got a few at home! They are memento scans.

Edited by cloakfiend

5 minutes ago, cloakfiend said:

They are my work colleagues, im going to do bobble dogs as well. Ill do silly bobble heads for myself. Ive done 21 of these. Still got a few at home!

That's awesome! Did you use Photoscan for those too? I got a demo version of Capture Reality photogrammetry software but It has a lot of parameters to follow.... low ISO, correct exposition, correct zoom range. If photos are not in those parameters the software cannot read them.  

Settings? Nah not me. I go for one click solutions. Hence loving the s5! 

I take all my photos on my sammy note 4 and uploaded these to autodesks 123 catch/memento/recap. All the same pretty much. Catch 123  was crap qualilty mind you....AND these arent raw scans i do posy work in zbrush. I showed my workflow in one of the threads were i talked about scanning and ios scanning software that utilises depth sensors....which is none that i know of. Lol. Photogrammetry scanners dont do hair too well! I love drawing hair though so i got no problems there. 

Autodesks apps were literally upload your photos and wait to see whay it makes of them. 

Agisoft is the same but has options for manual adjustments which doesnt help much on live subjects. Its a bit noisier than recap in my view and demands a bit better lighting conditions.

I took far better photos of those faces ages ago, Ill post them up so you can see the details. They are all retouched by hand.

Edited by cloakfiend
    • Like 1

I wanted to try to print from a jpg to see if that could be used as a press die.

Printed in abs and pressed in thin aluminium, quick shot with a rattle can and then rubbing with a 400 grit paper. Not meant to be perfect but a fair result for 15 minutes work.

1399319887_CamZ-20180914_62.thumb.jpg.625fdd0bc4a689c12b157694e1be35e8.jpg

Edited by AndersK
    • Like 6

Just done my unicron v2 yesterday, will defo do shape shifter today, even with my contaminated plating solution...v1 and v2

IMG_1640.JPG

IMG_1645.JPG

• Like 5

as promised...

AM3A7780.jpg

• Like 2

Gave this guy a polish just now and even though i wanted to paint a fake patina, ill just admire him for a few days first! looks great to me. a solid plate!

AM3A7791.JPG

AM3A7790.JPG

• Like 4

That is a good looking print and plating ?

Kudos!

• Thanks 1

Thanks man, im taking a break for a few days need to finish some stuff off.

Some new ornaments.

1201265312_Ornaments09-18-18.thumb.jpg.046353e3ae31019014f93618ef44efd6.jpg

• Like 4

What cool Prints, Talent is strong with you- Yoda

• Thanks 1

Christmas is coming and Santa Claus is ordering at kmanstudios ?

But, looks really cool.....

• Thanks 1