Post your latest print!

IRobertI

Posted (edited) · Post your latest print!

It's on it's merry way...

Seven more models to print, to sit on seven poles along the road to my house.

Been looking for gargoyles but haven't really found one that looks like I picture it to be, at least none that is shared for free. So I have to pay up or learn how to make one my self ? 

Next thing will be to get some paint on them, then we'll just have to wait and see how long they survive outside.

These two are printed with ColorFabbs nGen. I do not really get along with nGen but this will be a good testing.

They are 205mm high. I mirrored one of them so they are both facing inwards.

infart.jpg

Edit:

Forgot to credit the maker of the owl;

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:18218

Edited by TMicke
  • Like 3

Posted · Post your latest print!
On 9/24/2018 at 1:58 AM, cloakfiend said:

Its free this time round! A gift to a friend who is crazy about her dog at work. Went a touch heavy with the acetone to give it the more worn look. Polished easily in like 5mins!

Did you plate this one with the new blend you had? (with the proper distilled water).

6 minutes ago, TMicke said:

It's on it's merry way...

Seven more models to print, to sit on seven poles along the road to my house.

Been looking for gargoyles but haven't really found one that looks like I picture it to be, at least none that is shared for free. So I have to pay up or learn how to make one my self ? 

Next thing will be to get some paint on them, then we'll just have to wait and see how long they survive outside.

These two are printed with ColorFabbs nGen. I do not really get along with nGen but this will be a good testing.

They are 205mm high. I mirrored one of them so they are both facing inwards.

infart.jpg

Edit:

Forgot to credit the maker of the owl;

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:18218

Nice idea! Have you ever considered printing them in something like Bronzefill? That may even oxidate when outside and give you a mode old/aging look. 

Example: 

DG7bjF-XcAAMMoz.jpg

2 minutes ago, SandervG said:

Nice idea! Have you ever considered printing them in something like Bronzefill? That may even oxidate when outside and give you a mode old/aging look. 

Example: 

DG7bjF-XcAAMMoz.jpg

Yeah, sure I have, but I think it wouldn't hold up for very long. A few years maybe? I have a thing against doing things that don't last...

But I would love to make one if I where a bit more confident that it would last in the weather outside.

Please do call me boring and dull ?

@SandervG No its the old stuff, but i ramped the current and left it in for 6times longer than usual so its fine. Its not as bad as i thought initually. Its a combination of factors that ensure a quality plate. My unicron was also the iodised water but came out sublime and thick! I actually have a sample of copperfill or bronzefill from the colorfabb visit so ill defo give it a shot when i recover from my mystery illness!

So nice!!!! My favourite so far by a long shot.

Plating solution is 'meant' to last a lifetime yet mine only lasts a week! Lol. Im trying to strech it for as long as possible. Mind you most people usebit to plate small things like rings and small items....I always end up taking things to the next level, Ill push untill i cant push more more.

I dont have the dog anymore, gave it away.

20181001_152145.jpg

Edited by cloakfiend
    • Like 2

...in the meantime here is a censored bust, just in case anyone was offended, re-touched sculpted scan data and I had no photos of the back so I just left it plain, and chopped the arms of for statue effect. For the life of me this one just wouldn't polish anymore than this I spend ages and loads of compound and cloths to no avail, the copper grain was just too coarse to smoothly polish (a result of a too high current!). It was also a sign to say goodbye to my solution and a highlight that surface quality massively impacts the ability to plate and the final outcome....which actually turned out ok, I wish I could post a few more models which turned out great but they are extremely graphic close ups so theres no way and too many eyebrows would be raised!!.

IMG_7880.JPG

IMG_7869.JPG

• Like 5

Stunning, @cloakfiend! Seriously loving all the post-processing you do on your prints. Gorgeous work.

This is my latest print (STL, not mine). I may attempt to paint it, but don't have high hopes for a nice paint job (my hand-eye coordination is lacking). 

IMG_3673.thumb.jpg.6cffc4cf7daef1b90d9a6d04209d7090.jpgIMG_3672.thumb.jpg.029b572296159665f5c3c5c058c9fc62.jpg

• Like 5

Very nice! What were your settings to get it that smooth?

Just now, kmanstudios said:

Very nice! What were your settings to get it that smooth?

Default .15mm profile for the most part, .4 Cores, and Ultimaker filament. I turned on "connect supports" and used a PVA brim. I might have also made the support horizontal expansion 3.5 instead of 3.

Nice model and nice print @fbrc8-erin! I've been developing my post techniques lately to make them more efficient and faster and more consistent. I have also been practicing sculpting full figures and have a lot to learn! trying to sculpt something when you only have one angle is proving very difficult with some things. I need to take some life drawing classes lol. Lips also bother me! This is the result of buying an ultimaker for me, before I had one I couldn't even sculpt or model anything very well. Now I can make almost anything given enough time, the world is my oyster!!!

Just curious but how long did that take to print?

Im using really old filament now as a test to compare to brand new filament...not drastically different results to be honest!

• Like 1

I swear one of these days I want to find the time to start learning to sculpt...there just never seem to be enough hours in the day. It's always so good to see your work.

The print was a little longer than a day, with a prime tower I think. I spent about 3 days meaning to start the print and never getting it started, and then left it soaking in water for an extra day after I meant to take it home.

• Like 1

I spend a long time thinking about doing things and usually never do them. Procrastinating is my worst enemy. My printer has been idle for a few days now. I am going to do a real nice print soon.....a few in fact. Hope you like them!

A day for that size is real nice, Im getting larger and larger also , I want to make a max vertical size soon!

New ornaments with 2 colours involved and big honkin solid colours.

Ornaments.thumb.jpg.7de51a1c12e0a0fa46eab9ab204a294a.jpg

• Like 4

Long Term Project that I can get to in between other things. This is nowhere near finished as it just takes so danged long to get through some of them. Still in mostly prototype phase. Like the floor is just to set things on at this point. The floor and walls are too big for one printing even on the S5 and will take over two weeks to print. The green stuff on his left shoulder is where I patched in a separate print of the arm that failed during printing. He was just a prototype at this stage and is not finished in the sculpture phase yet. The bookshelf needs to be reprinted, but all the books are printed and just need to be painted. The stack of books is fine too. Uncle Creepy from the Warren Magazines of the 60's and 70's.

UncleCreepy1.thumb.jpg.888afef8a0d704497eb4bfc61d1e8bd2.jpg

This is the failure of the arm during print.

DSC03006.thumb.jpg.98690bf4b77c328c2bdda4fe5260a54a.jpg

The Rolltop Desk came out great so that is one thing I can scratch off the list. The skull is separate as is the bird skull. But the arm is part of the print. Just gotta come up with more things to populate the shelves with.

UncleCreepy2.thumb.jpg.a3de733861ef91a132c2c75789327d66.jpg

Just a more detailed shot of Uncle Creepy.

DSC03008.thumb.jpg.4fadc3064865e5a3e903730dbfff8379.jpg

There are other things printed, like another demon skull that serves as a book stop in the shelves and a couple of other things that will go on the walls. So, worth the time to get it right as I want this to be a really nice homage to the character and magazine. Sigh....here goes the old man trope..."They just do not make them like that anymore....."

• Like 4

Amazing work @kmanstudios, you truly are an inspiration. I was waiting to see something from you for a while. you were too quiet lately I knew something good was coming! I absolutely love those baubles as a fan of details which they seem to have in abundance! very very, nice indeed! and that scene you are making is shaping up real nice. 

Been in design mode and doing weird things as I develop the work I want to do.

Keep on keepin on! look forward to seeing more of your weird things!! liking the skeleton stool a lot as well. Are you doing post work to these, they look real nice!?

Edited by cloakfiend

So, what can this be? And, not....it is not some sort of Kaiser Hat.....

Topper.thumb.jpg.c54ccfb5c7d8a92fa6f3ba9451f24642.jpg

• Like 3

XXL Christmas ornament?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gr5 said:

XXL Christmas ornament?

That was my first thought as well.

43 minutes ago, kmanstudios said:

So, what can this be?

Looks like its not a full semi sphere so its not half of a bauble? hmmm.