Post your latest print!

IRobertI

Posted · Post your latest print!

All are on the path of some sort or another. It was born of the Christmas baubles, but it is not a full semi sphere. Part two will be done on Sunday afternoon, provided all goes well. Tech has not been good to me this week. So, here are fingers crossed ?

41 minutes ago, gr5 said:

The holy grail (upside down and stem yet to be printed and attached)?

Nothing so grand....sorry... ?

My tech issues were none of my doing this time. A lot of it was Win 10 creating issues. Hate Win 10. Aside from shove it down your throat upgrades (which by the way, erased peoples files this month), it actually gives me a series of blue screen of death and corrupts its own registries. I fought with that and a few things with the printers (UM3E), but those wound up being age related. So, new bowden tubes and such. Ordered super slippery ones from @gr5's store.

But, things are printing for the time (waiting on the bowden tubes to arrive tomorrow...Danged fast there @gr5!) and hoping no further issues till then.

20 minutes ago, Smithy said:

Is this the Elixir PLA ? Looks amazing in this combination.

The gold is the Elixir filament. The dark is Fillamentum Extrafill Vertigo Starlight.

I ordered Vertigo Gray and Vertigo Galaxy - they also have a great look and feel.

And they are much stronger than the Elixir filaments. But, they both serve a purpose as well as have nice features that play well together. I have several spools of the extrafill myself.

Is it a sword handle? I just looked at it and thought...sword? Hmm duuno why. I just made a skull inspired by your demon skull on that desk...

Noperz, not a sword handle. Interesting thought though........

There is support structure under the object, so it is maybe a top cap of something - whatever.....

• Like 1

Posted (edited) · Post your latest print!
    4 minutes ago, Smithy said:

There is support structure under the object, so it is maybe a top cap of something - whatever.....

Ooooo, getting closer!!!

Edit: It actually is the top of a two part object, so, maybe not closer, but dead on. ?

Edited by kmanstudios

Part of a sceptre or orb?

My first skulls! Had fun trying to make my perfect version, didnt realise how much our skulls vary. Gonna experiment surface tests on them

20181020_171500.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JohnInOttawa said:

Part of a sceptre or orb?

No sceptre, but it is orbish. 23 hours and 16 minutes, it will be finished...provided it has no issues....*sigh* And cof course, have to remove the supports.

59 minutes ago, cloakfiend said:

My first skulls! Had fun trying to make my perfect version, didnt realise how much our skulls vary. Gonna experiment surface tests on them

20181020_171500.jpg

Well, of course they vary! That is why a forensic scientist can tell just by looking at a skull the race and gender of the individual :) And, then you get into all the weird things on an individual basis.....

We be a varied lot of folks indeed.

• Like 1

I will vary the amount of evil in them! Lol.

Posted (edited) · Post your latest print!

Heres modesty from my new solution...hmm interesting texture. Again smashed the current on this and a few areas didnt get done. It layed about for too long me thinks. And i know i went too cheap on the coating hence the missed spots!! This face looks to wrong to me now....soon we shall see what your 'cover' covers. All will be uncovered!

20181021_042604.jpg

20181021_042637.jpg

20181021_042715.jpg

Edited by cloakfiend
    • Like 3

Anyway and regardless the missed spots, it looks great. But I am always very impressed of your post processing methods and results.

• Thanks 1

This was a new version of plating i was trying out. Not so happy as it took much longer to polish up and i had to use a dremmel as i got bored of hand polishing. Thick coat but coarse. I shouldnt get carried away with the voltage....

20181021_142113.jpg

• Like 3

So, here is the Bottom fresh from the printing part. It is in the freezer to come off the glass right now, so this is the best I can provide at this time.

Btm.thumb.jpg.78da8f2e5cd10cff39132b2c907b3f99.jpg

And with the Top on.

TopnBtm.thumb.jpg.903a39fc163bb8f1de01b6ce27cdda16.jpg

It is supposed to be a fancy schmancy candy bowl. But it can really be any receptacle of sorts.... I am going to try this again with all Fillamentum's extrafill. The dark part is extrafill and I have extrafill gold happens. I am not please with the way the Elixir printed in the gold.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, kmanstudios said:

It is supposed to be a fancy schmancy candy bowl.

Well done, it looks fantastic and the combination of the colors is great!

What is interesting is that the main framing device is actually a fractal. I just went in and popped in additional  filigree to, well, make it more busy, I guess.....

Finally the secret is revealed! Looks nice! I like busy designs and stuff like this. I had some good tuts for 3ds max about a dude who made loads of these things on table legs and such. Reminds me of Russia.

Heres that skull...

20181022_032540.jpg

20181022_032636.jpg

• Like 4

Really love the surface of the skulls, not too shiny. Very soft. 

• Thanks 1