Post your latest print!

IRobertI
Posted · Post your latest print!

i just had to print this and wowww. it came out so amazingly...

i love my ultimaker... :-) im going up to it now and give it a big hug.... :-)

Ian :-)

can i ask ? how do i control my postings, so the photos are shown large format like the other posts ?

Ian

nice print Ian! I upload the pictures on a flickr account and then use the link to the image.

OK cool thanks for the help !

IMG_20130429_142634.small.jpg

OMG! 3D printed gun!

It's work in progress for an Arcade gun. Still lots of work to be done, this was just a scale test. The grip needs to be a bit smaller, but the rest is nice and large :smile:

(Note walking around in public with a gun like this can end you up in prison. It's intended for indoor use only!)

looks amazing Daid !!

Are you going to wire it up later for playing arcade games ?

I guess you could buy a old broken arcade gun on ebay for a few euros and then refit it with a new body ??

cool idea !

Ian

ps. how did you lock in the two seperate pieces in the model ? the blue with the gray ? did you use a smart clipping mechanism or just good old super glue ?

Ian

My first real print. I mean by that the first print that is not an upgrade or for testing purpose.

Sliced in Cura, supports and raft built in the model.

0.1 mm layers, 0.8mm walls, 20% infill, 220°C, with retraction (only needed for supports).

About 7.5 cm tall, took 6:30 hours (very good estimate by Cura btw)

Used ColorFabb's blue-grey PLA.

I will model more of the torso, with cloth and print a bigger version later. I have more models I'm preparing for printig now

934794_10151579474498605_1889866404_n.jpg

944322_10151579473388605_1863014946_n.jpg

How we love heads! Here's my latest print of Hellboy in Warm Red from Colorfabb. 9x9 cm with 0.08 layerheight. It was a pain in the a to take off the supports which were embedded in the file :wink:

Hellboy

Hellboy

I will model more of the torso, with cloth and print a bigger version later. I have more models I'm preparing for printig now

Nice model! I'm very interested in the models that you'll be preparing for printing, will these be available on thingiverse? Very nice print.

Here's my latest print of Hellboy in Warm Red from Colorfabb.

Amazing print! I like how the color matches the Hellboy character, very cool!

My latest prints were made during the FabCon 3.D. Printed the vase with a drilled out 1mm nozzle, print time is about 2,5 hours. I used 2 perimeter lines, so they are very strong, and hopefully watertight.

8744823298_8176cd94fc_z.jpg

Nice model! I'm very interested in the models that you'll be preparing for printing, will these be available on thingiverse? Very nice print.

Yes, I will eventually release them. I could release this one but I must modify it because the support I had buit for the nose was too small and made more harms than anything.

I have prepared this model: http://pussycat.cgsociety.org/gallery/958188/

I will print it this weekend after I mount the belt tensionner I'm printing because I have some backslash issues

I'm also working on this one, which is more complex but I'm almost done preparing it : http://pussycat.cgsociety.org/gallery/839985/

Those vases look really nice. I really like your filaments, I will probably order more. Just out of curiosity, what are your temperature/speed settings for the best results for something like this http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:69709 ?

Here is some of the stuff I am generally printing, sorry but the picture quality is terrible as its from webcam....

However you get the general idea.

130515 224250130515 225710130515 230009130515 230103130515 225011130516 214853

Here is some of the stuff I am generally printing, sorry but the picture quality is terrible as its from webcam....

However you get the general idea.

What are they?

Upper half of a mould box for metal casting.

C.

They look really clean Calum ! nice prints and thanks for sharing.

ps. pity you didnt get down to Erfurt, it was a real blast !

About 7 cm tall, printed at 0.1mm per layer, 220 degrees, 50 mm/s. Took 6.5 hours. A little bit of sanding and primer. I'm getting closer to the quality I want. I still have some "backslash" issue, which I hope to solve when I mount new belt tensionners. I'm also planning on doing SnowyGrouch's direct drive upgrade, which I hope will improve quality even more. I will also try car polish or something like that to get rid off the remaining lines

Edit: sorry for the poor photo quality, I took them at work with my cellphone. Used ColorFabb's blue-gray filament but you can't really tell because it's primed with light grey. Here is a link to the 3d render: http://pussycat.cgsociety.org/gallery/958188/

969581_10151595635408605_987374144_n.jpg

947372_10151595635418605_1018640832_n.jpg

969062_10151595635413605_1115494786_n.jpg

577665_10151595635478605_336734162_n.jpg

looks really incredible !! :-)

Did you print the overhangs with suppport or just clean them up after printing ?

Also are you spraying your models with plasticcoat layer by layer and inbetween washing it down with water sandpaper ?

Looks really great.

thanks for showing.

Thank you! I had only one support for the chin, as it was really hanging over nothing. Here is a WIP shot where you can see it https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/941386_10151590591878605_1598929824_n.jpg The raft was directly built inside the model, I find the one generated by Cura very hard to remove (edit, no offense Daid, I really like Cura)

There were no major overhang other than that, just a bit under the ears, which required very little clean up with a file.

I only sanded once before painting. I'm going to the hardware store tonight, see if I can find some polishing cream or some kind of mastic to get rid of the last scratches. This one is still a test before going to large scale print, but I'm getting really closer to the quality I want to achieve. I will post the model on thingyverse once I have printed the final version and done playing with it

Good morning guys.

So I took a lot of tips I got from Harma in Erfurt and tweaked cleaned and did some magic on my home ultimaker.

I also reprinted yesterday this guy. sadly stolen in Erfurt on the ultimaker table but it just gave me a chance to print this guy....EVEN BIGGER and with my rods oiled.... and CLEANED HARMA! ;-) . it came out really nice....

ps. i printed the owl as a test piece after all my changes to my ultimaker and about 10 seconds after it was finished and showed it to my girlfriend... PUFFFFFF... gone..... that women has serious sticky fingers for ultimaker modelsss.... ;-) lol

photo1-1.jpg

Nice print Ian! Hopefully this one won't get stolen :)

Some models on thingiverse just really deserve to be printed. This is one of them, Mr. Bean, design by: http://goo.gl/vvK0U

I chopped of the bottem part so I could print the head a bit larger. Sliced with kisslicer, 0,16mm layerheight, 20% infill and medium support. Lots of detail in this print, awesome!

8784796320_3ddc5970e1_z.jpg

8778223779_4ceeea7f2c_z.jpg

very very nice looking print... something i would love to try but first i have a few house models i want to print with this new plaster concrete and wood PLA... test night... tonight ;-)

Ian

before you look at this.... i just want to say I AM NOT STRANGE !!

http://umforum.ultimaker.com/index.php?/topic/2148-the-adventures-of-ultimaker-tinky-toky/

8795803373_08b4be26ce_z.jpg

Our very own ColorFabb mascot! It's a little spool of filament with fabulous sunglasses and stylish hair :p

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:93080