IRobertI

Post your latest print!

Posted (edited) · Post your latest print!

Hey, great idea! Hallo, grossartige Idee!

There s no way to niggle the whole time! Man(n) kann nicht die ganze Zeit nur Nörgeln!

Time to show some positiv stuff! Es wird Zeit auch etwas Gutes zu berichten!

The Picture shows a little park bench for H0 1:87. Das Bild zeigt eine kleine Parkbank für Modelleisenbahn H0.

It was created with Lightwave, sliced with cura and printet with an UMO+. Die Bank wurde mit Lightwave modelliert, mit cura gesliced und auf einem UMO+ gedruckt.

IMAG0564.jpg

IMAG0565.jpg

IMAG0573.jpg

Edited by hulster
  • Like 4

Posted · Post your latest print!

Dr. Hill from Reanimator. The teeth came out great!

Damn red is so hard to photograph! I'm going to try to acetone it and wipe the white residue off, but I just can't seem to as others appear to? what am I doing differently I wonder....?

IMG_8622.JPG

IMG_8620.JPG

IMG_8624.JPG

• Like 2

Posted · Post your latest print!
2 hours ago, cloakfiend said:

Damn red is so hard to photograph! I'm going to try to acetone it and wipe the white residue off, but I just can't seem to as others appear to? what am I doing differently I wonder....?

In my tests I wiped off the white residu with a paper tissue a few minutes after the acetone was dry, but the PLA still flexible. But I have to be very carefull how I handle the model, otherwise my fingernails get imprinted in it. If I pick it up too soon, when just dry, then my fingerprints also get into it. So, this is a great way to immortalise your fingerprints in PLA. :-)

There is a spot where the model is hard enough to handle but not too hard, where wiping off works best for me. But I have 100% filled models, so the inside stays hard. I am not sure how it would work with your hollow models with thin walls.

It is the left model in this pic. The middle one was heat-gun treated (which doesn't work: trapped bubbles expand due to the heat and explode into craters), and the right one was untouched, if I remember well. For reference: the plates are 10mm wide, and text caps height is ca. 5mm. This is colorFabb Dutch Orange, but it also works with red and yellow.

DSCN5950.thumb.JPG.c7d33bc4c5ffe03fb4f3a2e16c50288e.JPG

• Like 2

Posted (edited) · Post your latest print!

i tried to wipe off the residue but it didn't seem to work for me. (unhappy face) however I did notice that re-acetoning them about 5 minutes after trying to clean them via rushing and wiping with my fingers that they were a lot less white! my issue is that if i have sanded/scored parts of the model to get it a bit smoother that part goes white much easier than the others. I made a little video, gonna do dr hill next and make another follow up vid!

Edited by cloakfiend