Post your latest print!

IRobertI

Posted · Post your latest print!

hehe very cool !

a friend asked me to print this out for him last night for his new Raspberry.

Nothing super special but just one more good solid fast ultimaker print.... :-)

Ian

photo-1.jpg

last night i designed a very simply new table box for my girlfriend, she needs more than 40 tablets a day to keep her kidney alive and her 15 year old tablet boxes have decided to self destruct now. so thanks to ultimaker, we can print new ones off straight away for the women :smile:

Ian

just printed a new design lid for my girlfriend. fits perfect with my cases i did yesterday,

Now the letters MO for Monday are bigger and stronger and about half a 1mm more off the top surface to help her run her fingers around the letters better. the BARKE name is also for her, so everyone else in hospital knows not to use these tablets....

photo2-2.jpg

photo1-2.jpg

nice :)

here is a photo I just snapped today, while working from home.

484707_10151611415363605_771512220_n.jpg

The model was made by my friend Lena, she is very talented. I made a new cross shaped support inspired by the one I saw on other people prints, for stability. I had to do this because the first one I made, a simple cylinder, leaned when the printing reached the chin area, ruining 2 hours of printing. Here the chin will still need some cleaning and sanding, but it's decent.

I used ColorFabb's beige filament. Now that my machine is better tuned, I lowered temperature to 210 degres, resulting in less stringing during retraction

very sexy clean print ! i like it..... did you use 100 percent infill ?? or is that just the photo angle ?

Ian :-)

No it's just the usual 20% infill, it's the angle indeed. Still took something like 7 hours to complete.

Here it is finished, did not even notice it was done, I was working in the other room:

971996_10151611576158605_1987893020_n.jpg

After I removed the raft and support. As you see the chin is a bit ugly, it will require some clean-up

945335_10151611576163605_74182881_n.jpg

After some wet sanding. Was able to save the chin, did a bit of re-sculpting with a blade and filers. It was pointier in the beginning

421247_10151611957013605_1337729665_n.jpg

and primed. Maybe I will sand it again to get rid of more lines

942483_10151611957033605_1829329120_n.jpg

941835_10151611957043605_1073463395_n.jpg

972342_10151611957103605_1242433660_n.jpg

I'm going to have to give it away to my co-worker tomorrow, but it's ok, I'll print a bigger one for myself :)

looks really beautiful !

thank you for showng.

It is amazing how smooth the surface after sanding and priming is.

Can you give us some hints how you did it?

Very simple, I just followed the advises I found here. First I clean the big stuff with a small filer (strings, overhangs, blobs) and then I use a medium sand paper, the black one, that you can use with water. I only use the thin sand paper for finishing, because if you directly start with the thin one, it takes forever to get the same result. Of course, go easy on the detailed areas, like the eyes or the mouth here, you don't want to wipe them off.

I sanded for about half an hour, sat in front of tv with a bowl of water. Dry the print every now and then to get a better look, because it's harder to judge if it's smooth when wet. Then when dried, I spray it with some basic primer you can get from the hardware store, nothing fancy. DO IT OUTSIDE!

One last thing, if you're not going to paint it, I would not recommend sanding, because it fades the color away, you end up with uneven coloring

Tharg from John Carter

Tharg from John Carter (100mm tall)

File was downloaded form Turbosquid.

(credit to the creator http://www.turbosquid.com/FullPreview/Index.cfm/ID/698884)

Printed at 0.1mm resolution

Then primed, filled and sprayed a couple of times

Photo taken on my crappy Iphone.

Very nice, looks like it was sculpted with sculpey

I really got hooked to the moving arm and hand from the InMoove robot, last weekend at the Protospace event. I downloaded several pieces yet, but I wanted my new (2 weeks:-) Ultimaker producing a piece for approx 24 hours, high resolution, just to see if I could leave her unattended for such a heavy job. It's nice to do that with an attractive model and there she was...

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:93858

You can find details about my settings in the comment I left for the artist. Still 9 hours to go....Pics will follow:-)

I was able to rescure my mister bean head at the weekend :-)

Ian photo-2.jpg

oh my god... im gone away for a day from my computer, had to work in Franken, nord Bayern and then came back into the office this morning,,, looking forward to all the cool new fresh prints... thousands of ultimaker around the world now guys !! :wink:

and hay presto,,, still my old stuff.....

guys whats going on?

big hugs.

Ian :smile:

Here you go Ian :p

testprints

i like it robert ! modern art !

Ian ;-)

8970696719_93b5842d2f_z.jpg

Something new for Ian to look at :) A simple flower pot, printed with Sky Blue PLA/PHA. Model:http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:99658

OOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

.......................now im happy. :-) :-) :-)

cool a crazy irish guy freaks out in Leipzig because no one is printing and the nice guys in colorFABB, say !!! hay we can help this irish guy.... PUT ON THE FLOWER POT !!! lol ;-)

have a great weekend guys !

Just some clamps to hold on the brake cables, the normal adhesive pads dont stick to the carbon frame...

CAD Bike BktKS Bike BKTwhite Bkt130609 132844130609 132902

practical clean and answers the job requirments ! very nice stuff Calum ! :-)

Ian

Today I finished this buste. I printed the base separately from the buste and added some manual supports for the 'chest' and the chin. 0,1 layerheight.

Statue of Sappho

a nice piece of art, right there in your livingroom. Cool!

WIP... This is a character from a movie I worked on. Once put together, the model will stand about 30cm tall. On this photo, the jacket just came out of the printer, still need cleaning. I'm very happy with the way this is coming along. The shoes, glasses and the head were printed at 0.06mm, you can't tell the difference on this photo but it's really there, big improvement on the smooth parts. I might even reprint the jacket at this resolution. It was printed with Colorfabb's "intense green". It does not look very intense on the photo but it's a lot brighter for real

IMG 20130617 123037

very nice! I am very curious to see what it looks like when put together. Will you glue everything together or are there some tiny pins i don't see?