Post your latest print!

IRobertI

Posted · Post your latest print!

colorfabbs new extra strong transparent filament!

cant wait to test this on a new building model I will be starting hopefully this week :smile:

Ian

so guys... now its rock n roll time !!

ultimaker have just released their new latest and greatest upgrade today the dual print upgrade and i for one, cant wait to start getitng my fingers dirty into dual color printing... :-)

we can only start to realise the possabilities ! mixed color prints... ! printing now with support materials !!

the skies the limits... so lets see what we can do ;-)

Ian :-)

its like PLA and no you dont need a heated bed for it....

its really giving me great reliable clean prints at the moment.. really nice from colorfabb ! :-)

Ian

An outstanding print, Ian!! :cool:

thank you !!

Now im looking for other fun and interestting projects to try this great material from colorafbb :-)

also notice how quiet this tread has been the last few days,,, i think every one has just bought themselves the dual extrusion upgrade and now are trying to relearn 3d printing ;-)

should expect to see some cool attempts coming out in the next few days...

Hi

This is my first post in this forum. I got ultimaker 7 months ago and have been happily printing ever since.

This is one mof my more recent projects, a monky action figure that is posable ecause of magentic joints.

http://31.media.tumblr.com/a5f2fdc607525a74587b174c32143e96/tumblr_mrz8hvvPrI1s5t020o2_1280.jpg

If you are intersted in the other stuff i printed, feel free to visit my tuimblr :)

greetings form austria

b

haha very cool! Is that laywood that you printed the body with?

Looks cool.

thx, yes the body is laywood the underpants are orbitech PLA90 and the forearms/hands are made from the rests of my very first PLA that came with my ultimaker kit (not the orage one, thats from faberdashery) so its like a best of PLA model (its missing some colofab of course ;)

Hi

This is my first post in this forum. I got ultimaker 7 months ago and have been happily printing ever since.

This is one mof my more recent projects, a monky action figure that is posable ecause of magentic joints.

http://31.media.tumblr.com/a5f2fdc607525a74587b174c32143e96/tumblr_mrz8hvvPrI1s5t020o2_1280.jpg

If you are intersted in the other stuff i printed, feel free to visit my tuimblr :)

greetings form austria

b

if that is laywood, what settings did you use... ?

laywood just burns up in my hotend in seconds and then takes about 3 hours to clean out again... AHHHHHHH :-(

Ian

but now my ultimaker is nice and clean and working like a champion... printing with hotbed 24 hours... 7 days a week and no problems... the maschine is... a maschine !!!

Laywood is a pain in the ass and i am still not sure how it really works :-P .

I dont know how many times i cleaned my nozzle for this figure (i guess 2 or 3 times, at least i got faster with it but broke one nozzle in the process).

i originally i also wanted to print the arms in laywood but switched to normal PLA because of all the problems.

The settings that used to work were a speed between 35 and 40 mm/s and a temperature of 200 max.

I dont know where the problems came from but i have a project next week that needs to be printed in laywood, so one way or the other i will be forced to find a solution :mrgreen:

this is the best print i did in laywood so far, its 10 cm high.

tumblr_mqwiv3yKs51s5t020o5_250.jpg

i will keep you posted about my progress

b

In the past i had an inconsistent diameter and on occasion it was brittle, perhaps this has something to do with it.

However, the latest batch i received was remarkable better then the older ones.

is there more than one company producing laywood or just kai in germany ?

Ian

hi

i think they all come from the same source, i ordered mine from orbitech.

i found my error, it was aparently a mixture of my own stupidity (i dried the PLA in the oven to make it less flexible, please dont ask me why) am partially clogged nozzle (because of the overdried PLA) and trouble with my bowden tube.

I fixed all of these mistakes and used new und undried PLA (it took me roughly 3 hours to figure all this out, cleaned my nozzle 3 times) and now i am printing again with up to 80 mms and a temperature of 205 and i looks gorgeous

i will post the results soon

when im drunk enough i will... get back and try laywood but now. i have work to do with my ultimaker.

printing with beautiful smooth ultimaker white PLA :-)

I know its illegal but I am contemplating marrying my ultimaker.. is that possible in texas ?? :-)......

just shot out the third part of my new project, a big two storey house, each section just squeezes inside the 205 x 205mm ultimaker print frame..

then printing the slabs... the roof is ready to print.. that is going to be amazing.. then im printing all the furniture in white grey PLA... then the stairs gets put in.. then the garden and the sourrounding houses...

The whole model should fit tighly onto a A3 board....

jesus i love this stuff.......... :-) :-) :-)

h2.jpg

h1.jpg

Those overhangs in the doorways print fine with no support?

Those overhangs in the doorways print fine with no support?

hehe... yes :-)

wow, looks razor sharp Ian! Good job.

Because it has so many open sides you are experiencing zero warping?

I can imagine if you want to put everything together you don't want any gaps in between the walls.

from experience sander. these models cannot !!! have warped edges... it just doesnt work.,

and these models are flatter than pancakes.... :smile:

Ian

update... next piece coming off my ultimaker... the house kit gets bigger and bigger :-)

it was a lot of initial investment but the model for this house projest is one of the best i have done for printing... super clean... :-)

t1.jpg

t2.jpg

t3.jpg

plus i want to say... all these pieces have not yet been cleaned... this is the quality coming directly out of my ultimaker at home !

Ian :-) :-) :-)

the roof is now finished.. looks really nice :-) and now printing the ground floor slab and also the first floor slab..

then tomorrow the stairs.... and the furniture elements... then onto the sourrounding area, drive way, garden, walls... and other houses.... :-)

plus have to sit down and just clean all the parts with a sharp craft knife... cant wait to finish this project with my ultimaker... :-).... yipeeee... :-)

hh1.jpg

hh2.jpg