Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts

Post your latest print!

Posted · Post your latest print!

Definitely more fun than the ice blade covers I did before :wink:

Scaled to 80%, KISSlicer, UM original, 0.1 mm layer height, 7:45 h printing time, no post-processing

This is a real top quality print! Awesome!

What material did you use? At which speed was it printed?

• Replies 4.6k
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Took me forever to do this. And it is still rougher than I would have liked.   3D concept rendering:   Finished piece:    

Bath interferometers.  I have made about 20 of these for people who use them to test their telescope mirrors.  They are amazingly accurate and can do better than a $40,000 Zygo PSI optical tester.  Th

I just finished this. It was a multi-part print for ease of painting. Some of it I am not sure what happened...but hey, it is purty....And, I am unanimous in that ? Test Render Parts

Posted Images

I only removed 3 support structures that KISSlicer added (lower right arm, left boob and neck). I'm way too lazy and impatient for considerable post-processing ...

I used "well-seasoned" white PLA from German RepRap at 205°C, with PLA/PHA or faberdashery the surface might even become a little smoother.

Print speed was 40 mm/s.

Hi Lennart ! :-)

I used Cinema4D because I have a floating license at home for it.

Its a very easy to use program and with a little practice you can make some nice clean printable objects.

For this object, it was super simple. Create a profile polygone on plan, extrude up. copy original polygon shape, extrude that up with 5 layers. then Bolean the second from the first. Then pick the polygons from each layer of your second object. and using the resizer tool bring them down smaller. so you get a nice incline in the shape.

Create a few solid boxes for your slots and group those.

Then Bolean the grouped slots out of the main body bolean object.

Then export as STL and your ready to print :-) :-)

Ian :-)

I know you guys wont believe me when I say this... but my beauty is not all natural !

I like many need sometimes a little help ;-)

Thanks to my ultimaker2. I can push back 10 years of aging and bad hair within an instant with my beauty ultimaker comb !

Ian ;-) LOL

sexy.jpg

Haha, nice pose.

And this Ultimaker fandom corner looks pretty sharp.

You know, when I started going bald I was a little bit sad about it. A few years later and a fair bit more hair lost, I couldn't be happier. Just cut it short and don't have to worry about silly things like keeping the hair in check :D

@ lesvilla, did you do both of those pieces without support?

@Simon, those test prints look great!!

Pretty much yeah. There's some sagging, but nothing that would be alarming :p

I know you guys wont believe me when I say this... but my beauty is not all natural !

I like many need sometimes a little help :wink:

Thanks to my ultimaker2. I can push back 10 years of aging and bad hair within an instant with my beauty ultimaker comb !

Ian :wink: LOL

Ian, you're thinking about your beauty.

I'm already some years older than you, therefore I'm thinking about the organization of my daily body care. It was always a challenge to find the necessary parts twice a day ... but that is now much easier. Thanks to Ultimaker!!!! :-)

20140118 122730

respect Sigi !! very nice :-)

you could say, ultimaker is helping beautiful people become even more beautiful ?

Ian ;-) LOL HEHEHE

Who has a "Hair" design to print for all of us bald guys ^^

good question ! and even better challenge !

but honest question for you... would you wear what I print for you ??? ;-)

Ian LOLL

I have always dreamed of having an Afro like the Jackson Five... it just depends on the colour you choose :)

I have always dreamed of having an Afro like the Jackson Five... it just depends on the colour you choose :)

Maybe that'll work better with a 3Doodler ;)

(Hope I'll get mine soon...)

/edit

Just to stay on-topic: my latest print:

Gearbox 1Gearbox 2

Nothing fancy I'm afraid, but still a big step for my UM1:

This is the first part that I've printed more or less successfully with my new Basalt HBP.

I printed it directly on the bed, no tape, no glue or anything. Just the bare HBP @ 52°C. The bed temperature needs to be adjusted very carefully, or the plastic either won't stick if it's too cold, or will warp right off the bed if it's too warm. I might get a problem with that when printing large parts because there's rather large temperature drift between the center and the corners of the HBP.

The part itself is a gearbox for the needle-test-adapter I'm designing at work atm. Read gallery description if you're interested.

This will be my trial by fire for the UM1. Need a high precision and durability in order to get this thing working...

good solid print Johnny !.. like it ! :-)

Day 6 with UM2:

UM2 just finished a part with the largest plain surface for me until now.

No problems at all.

Layer height: 0,2

Print speed: started with 50 mm/s and went up to 80 mm/s, the top part of the print was done with 70 mm/s

Nozzle temp: 210 °C

20140122 185458

20140122 200102

20140122 202306

20140122 202334

Sigi, what material? PLA? ABS?

Great looking print Sigi! did you print it with pla? How did you change the mm/s, with the rotary encoder dial mid print?

Sigi -fantastisch! What did you do to make it stick and not to warp?

The print was done with PLA.

I changed the print speed by using the Tune menu during the print (while sitting in front of the UM2 and enjoying the perfect print quality).

I just wanted to try if there is any underextrusion happening while speeding up. But no missing Filament at all up to 80 mm/s.

At the soaring parts of the print I manualy reduced back to 70 mm/s.

I just used the heated bed with 75 °C. Cleaned this before the print with a soft tissue. :-) :-) However I'm sure that there is no fat on it at all.

No glue, no hairspray, just the heated bed.

Sigi

I've been meaning to post this for a couple of days now - a print my 12 year old daughter did this weekend, for one of her classmates. it came out nicely with 0.15mm layers at 50mm/s. It was printed totally hollow, with 0.8mm walls, and 0.9mm top/bottom thickness - so the 'extra' infill meant that the almost-horizontal roof of the Tardis printed great.

Tardis

Of most note, I suggested she try the 'Cool Head Lift' feature, and it worked really well on the light on top. Great detail, and no re-melting. For scale, the light is 11mm high; the spike on top is 1.5mm high.

Tardis Detail

The plastic is Faberdashery Galaxy Blue (which has silver flecks in it), and the http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:131701is from Thingiverse.

I've been trying to replicate a Module 1.0 15mx15m rack, since they aren't available here in the USA (and wow, shipping from the UK for a $9 part!)

Ultimaker Original, PLA, 220C and speed of 40. I wish the rack edges came out better.

gallery_536_414_71037.jpg

gallery_536_414_84090.jpg

I like many need sometimes a little help :wink:

Ian :wink: LOL

sexy.jpg

Heh,

Strike a pose!

Actually, now that you can create your own comb, you could make it fit your own head;)

Round comb.. It should not become any crazier!

The plastic is Faberdashery Galaxy Blue (which has silver flecks in it), and the original model is from Thingiverse.

It looks like a model made with a DLP blue resin printer!

Very nice!

I think I'm going to do another try at something i wanted to do before: model/simulating water bouncing of an object and capturing it for 3d printing. Maybe blender can do that, any other ideas?

EDIT:this is not as easy as I thougth. I can make a brick explode, but I cannot make a fluid..hmm

Cheers!

Lennart