Post your latest print!

IRobertI

Posted · Post your latest print!

copied text from my ultimaker2 blog site tonight. with the fresh print off the plate :-) :-) :-)

Ultimaker2 allows you to fill your living space with beauty and culture.

If you were ever amazed at history and always admired elements of the past.

Now with your ultimaker2 sitting beside your laptop. you can download a piece of 3d scanned history and print your own miniture infront of you.

Imagine seeing an amazing roman column with a thousaned little details.. you look up at it and try to contemplate how people did such incredible things...Then you take your camera...make some photos and convert that to a printable 3d file and click print.

You can sit down at your desk.. worry about the next big business decision and at the same time... run your fingers along this piece of historical design and wonder... :-)

pink1.jpg

pink2.jpg

pink3.jpg

White PLA

Room Temp 13c very cool or 55f

Layer Height 0.1

Speed 30%

Print Head 205c

Heat bed 78c

Infill 20%

I didn't level my bed correctly I think it was to close to the print tip the edges are not so good, MY Fault but it still came out pretty good... :D Anyone have any Tips on White PLA?

securedownload3.jpgsecuredownload2.jpgsecuredownload1.jpg

Thanks Nicolinux I'll try it next time just wanted to make sure it doesn't warp because the room temp is 13c or 55f really cold in there and yes it was kinda Tough to take it off the heated bed.. :D

Its so cool holding this thing in my hand it was a 3d image on my screen and now its a real object SO Cool! :)

securedownload4.jpg

Is this part of an Iron Man RT unit?

Thanks Nicolinux I'll try it next time just wanted to make sure it doesn't warp because the room temp is 13c or 55f really cold in there and yes it was kinda Tough to take it off the heated bed.. :D

Its so cool holding this thing in my hand it was a 3d image on my screen and now its a real object SO Cool! :)

Is this part of an Iron Man RT unit?

Yes, it is the ark reactor chest peace

I've been meaning to post this for a couple of days now - a print my 12 year old daughter did this weekend, for one of her classmates. it came out nicely with 0.15mm layers at 50mm/s. It was printed totally hollow, with 0.8mm walls, and 0.9mm top/bottom thickness - so the 'extra' infill meant that the almost-horizontal roof of the Tardis printed great.

Of most note, I suggested she try the 'Cool Head Lift' feature, and it worked really well on the light on top. Great detail, and no re-melting. For scale, the light is 11mm high; the spike on top is 1.5mm high.

The plastic is Faberdashery Galaxy Blue (which has silver flecks in it), and the original model is from Thingiverse.

That model turned out great! I always wondered why I didn't hear people using the Cool Head Lift featue, I just assumed it didn't work well. Do you think you could use this to print out better antennae for the little robot test print?

Of most note, I suggested she try the 'Cool Head Lift' feature, and it worked really well on the light on top. Great detail, and no re-melting. For scale, the light is 11mm high; the spike on top is 1.5mm high.

I never realized that there is this 'Cool Head Lift' feature.

Thanks for bringing this up! Highly appreciated!

securedownload4.jpg

thats the magic of 3d printing.... putting your amazing imagination in your hands ! :-) :-) :-)

Last night I printed two guitar wall mounts.

The design is from http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:178634.

Both are for a good friend.

The black one for a standard sized guitar, the white one for an ukulele.

For that it was necessary to resize the distance of the two arms. This was done by using Blender to directly adjust the STL file.

20140124 060400

20140124 060424

Here's My latest Print, I like making videos pretty fun.. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFHQExLcRGk

IMG 2198

IMG 2197

IMG 2195

IMG 2194

IMG 2193

This weekend I printed the https://www.youmagine.com/designs/labyrinth-gift-box designed by IRobertI.

This box is causing a lot of fun and amazement at every person who gets it in their hands.

20140125 080840

Here's My latest Print, I like making videos pretty fun.. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFHQExLcRGk

i love these kind of technical prints... please tell me this is a solidworks model.... YUM YUM YUM.... :smile:

Ian :smile:

Heh,

Well it is not an arc reactor that I made.., but nevertheless again stunned by the quality the machine delivers:

camera recognized a face

"i did not have..."

mister clinton

It was for the husband of the mother of my girlfriend, who's into american president..stuff..

Any how, I painted it, but forgot to take pictures.

I used Meshmixer to generate support so that it could be tilted about 30 degrees and the chin could be printed without support.

Cheers!

Lennart, impressible quality.What is the source of this print?

Sigi

copied from tonights post on my ultimaker2 blog page :-)

Combine Solidworks and an Ultimaker2 3D Printer and you have yourself a MONSTER SETUP !

I was at home at the weekend and started getting my feet back wet into using solidworks.

I actually forgot how amazing that software really was.

So of course with my new ultimaker2 parked beside my computer. the two things had to come together of course !

So I created the below object in about 2 minutes.

Then went to SAVE AS.

saved as STL.

Then was very happily surprised that in solidworks, there is a quality export setting for STL.

A lot of programs don't have this option !! and this results in getting something simplified STL output from a program and this in turn will effect the overall appearance and quality look of your print.

So pushed the option the HIGHEST QUALITY... hehe

Took a minute to save out but zero problem.

Also choose to combine all bodies into one single STL.

Took my new STL in Cura and Cura eat it up in less than a minute... :)

Zero problem with gcoding....

Started printing last night... SD CARD.. select... PRINT... and went to bed.

That's another big benefit to an ultimaker !! it helps you get better sleep ! Because you know its working hard to make beautiful models when you are busy counting fluffy sheep !

So woke up and hay presto... the next perfect and amazing printed masterpiece out of my ultimaker.

Could I ask more from the combination Solidworks and Ultimaker 2...... NOOOOOOOO :)

Ian :)

solidwokrs1.jpg

solidwokrs2.jpg

I really do believe now that the single biggest challenge to owning your own 3d printer like the ultimaker2... is the limitation of your own imagination.... because lets be honest.. this maschine is going to HAMMER OUT anything you THROUGH AT IT !!

6a00d8341cce2453ef014e5fb949eb970c-800wi.jpg

i love these kind of technical prints... please tell me this is a solidworks model.... YUM YUM YUM.... :smile:

Ian :smile:

Not sure but it is a pretty simple model to customize on Blender.... I never use solidworks can you compare solidworks to blender?

Oh no, I have only M8 rods and 608 ball bearings at home. I guess you don't have the source files in a noob friendly format so I could customize them?

Oh yeah, sorry, those were the parts I happened to have in the junk bin. It's done in SW. I'll see if I can edit it for 608 but that will have to be tomorrow. If it weren't for the threads it'd be easier, making threads is a pain in the ass (at least I think so).

Man so many great posts today, Ian I am so jealous of your SW UM2 setup! I've been modeling like a mad man since I ordered my UM2, have you ever tried one of those 3d mice? I'm pretty sure my wrist is straining quite a bit.

@IRobertl thanks for the upload, I the video was really great! I love how the spread of ideas is so fast in the 3d printing community.

@IRobertl: Ok, thanks. But wait a second. Maybe I don't understand your design. Why do you have to make threads to accomodate for thicker rods? I think only the spacer would have to be enlarged and it doesn't have threads.

The 608 bearings are larger and wont fit inside of the thing so I have to widen the diameter of everything --> re-do the helixes for the threads. It's not a huge deal by any means but I'd rather not do it at 2AM with a tired brain :)