Post your latest print!

IRobertI

Posted · Post your latest print!

It will last longer than the £15 nonsense I have just bought from Tescos haha ( hoping gf doesnt read this :p ) ..and you can keep it for next year. You may need to spray it with something that smells nice tho :)

My latest (and 2nd ever) print was the preassembled gearbox by emmet from thingiverse:

After some back and forth it works beautifully!

Where did you get your PLA?

I usually print at

speed 30%

temp 193c to 200c

white PLA

bed temp 63c to 65c

I keep my Ultimaker 2 in the closet with the door close when I print and damprid bag close to the PLA filament to dry up any moisture.

My latest print of a dragon

Dragon2

From Thingiverse http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:246198

You can easily tell that that was designed by someone who really understands FDM printing :)

Last Monday my children came back from school with a huge order for key-chains. All started already 3 weeks ago where I printed key-chains for my two girls. Their schoolmates asked them, if I would also create some for them.

Carelessly I agreed :-P :-P :-P

The order was really huge:

20140215 202912

It was really a lot of fun to print these key-chains.

Next thing to show your kids - the infamous stretchy bracelet (easy to print with spiralize and w/o top/bottom fill)

Good idea - I just downloaded the file to do a test print. However I'm not sure if I will show it to my kids. They are in a girls' school - not sure how this will end up ... :-P

It will end up with your UM2 beeing called the "Bracelet machine" :grin:

There's only one thing to do:

Ahhhh... neardgasm!

Whoa!

It even knocks em off!! THAT. IS. AWESOME.

COOOOOL! Like an orchestra.

I was only able to finish one within the last half hour:

20140215 221730

Let me count .. with that orchestra that would mean 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + ...... a whole class of young girls made happy within minutes ... :-P

Sigi, great post! I hope that the next generation grows up with 3D printing a regular part of their lives. I love seeing stuff like this!!

a small test , printed without support .

meta_collage.jpg

And an other skanect scan .

My oldest son . The praying hands pose was his idea. At home we don't do anything religious.

printed in a 'pearl-white' PLA , normal setting in cura.

zoon_collage.jpg

what i printed last night ( and the previous night)

to organize the bathroom sink.

tandenborsterhouder_collage.jpg

the cat was not printed ...

After printing Hellboy's head, you obviously also need the gun! :D Took I long time, but I think the result is amazing. All printed at 0.075.

'The Samaritan'

Hellboy Samaritan

Hellboy Samaritan

Hellboy Samaritan

COOOOOL! Like an orchestra.

I was only able to finish one within the last half hour:

Let me count .. with that orchestra that would mean 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + ...... a whole class of young girls made happy within minutes ... :-P

Hey Sigi,

what kind of filament is this? Looks awesome.

NOW FOR FREE DOWNLOAD!! :-)

https://www.youmagine.com/designs/16mm-home-movie-film-reel-holder-for-european-square-whole-projectors

So I was hit down this week by a nasty little head cold and decided in my lower than average health.. what could I do with my time ??... so I decided to setup my old 16mm film projector.

I have boxes of old color and black and white home movies going right back to the 1930s.

I'm sure some of these old films haven't seen the light of day since they were made.

So i got to business and setup my projector this evening and my white wall. setup my digital camera and started recording the films to digital for preservation.

The only problem was, as I got through the first few, I notices that some of the films were AGFA and some were KODAK... any of the old 16mm films from AGFA had a square whole in the middle for the projector and all from KODAK had a circle... OOOPPP.SSS...

This is the normal point where I person gives up and says to themselves... Ill pop into my local photoshop this week and pick up a few reels that will fit and get back to the project.. Lets be honest thats where most family projects end.. right there...

But now in the modern world where we are blessed with something called an ultimaker2... holy maker2 as I now call it ;)... we can solve this problem straight away.

I took the basic dimensions and created a simple two part model of the correct 16mm film reel from Kodak... clicked print... clicked the two parts together 38 minutes later, just after finishing my evening food and HAY HOOO LETS GOOO.... was back in action.

Thanks to Ultimaker I was able to digitally preserve my family history for the future and to share with my family all around the world....

Thank you once again Ultimaker !!!!!!!!!!! :smile:

Ian Spring.

film1.jpg

film2.jpg

film3.jpg

film4.jpg

Ian's color sensitive bunnies seem to have taken over his keyboard because of their new http://umforum.ultimaker.com/index.php?/topic/467-post-your-latest-print/?p=37482. :mrgreen:

Ian's color sensitive bunnies seem to have taken over his keyboard because of their new toilet. :mrgreen:

they were always in control !! do you think I created half the models I showed you !! HAHAHA... no... no...no two creative genius little bunnies tapping key strokes with their fluffy noses for hours.......

thank god for genius fluffy bunny rabbits !!... I think NASA did the same .... ?

Ian ;-)

Created a lot of random things recently:

Heres a ufo that looks like a juicer:

ufo5

We got a really nice overhang on it

ufo4

Next up is a character design;

inwids of all shapes and sizes

inwidf4

Inwid Female backshot

Modeled in sculptress.

Some more spaceships I designed (I am 8 years old at heart)

Printed in lovely pink PLA.

pinkship1

pinkship2

Second one didnt print too well...I'll try again slightly bigger and with retraction. It does have a lot of detail though, so it was optimistic this would work as it did.

Theres also this hinged box. I posed earier but people might like to try it yourselves now its on https://www.youmagine.com/designs/treasure-chest-with-working-hinge--2

Working hinged box (prints on side, no support or retraction needed)

(Prints sideways in one piece, no supports or retraction needed)

Finally this is a prop for the next episode of http://www.randomreviewshow.com

Can anyone guess what it is?:

mysteryprop1