Post your latest print!

IRobertI

Posted · Post your latest print!

Is that the Eiffel tower that Form1 use with their SLS machine? Looks a decent model to try and improve on.

Beautiful curves on your green female too! :p

this is a really tricky print ! with a lot of retraction to get clean openings...but a lot of ultimaker1 and ultimaker2 users have printed this and created amazing prints... :-)

I have a feeling you could be printing a little too hot ?? the print surface seems very bubbly...

and you need full fans on !

Also can you show us a photo of the print surface of the green lady... what temp and speed did you print with ?

im not crazy happy with what i can see for flow quality.....

Ian :-)

I think I can get a better result by printing it in 3 parts and at a bigger scale !

but at this size (max height of UM1) I am not sure.

Did someone try to print this Tour Eiffel ?

Hi Guys!(and girls??)

It has been a while now, and the last print I did was for a first order for 3D hubs, but the Client requested no pictures. So no eyecandy. I have seen a lot of cool prints coming by since my last visit! Superb!

I hope to start printing an adapter for a racing belt today, but i need Nut and bolt dimensions ( Aaron...hi?)

Cheers!

Hey guys I finished Version 1 of my Yo-Yo. I first want to apologize to anyone that tried to print it out in the past without messing with the SolidWorks files, I posted them because I didn't have my printer yet and wasn't sure what the tolerances were going to be after shrinking; uhhh also my threaded bolt and nut were not threaded, but just had rings the same geometries as the threads. I thought SolidWorks would put the spiral in the threads, but I had to do that manually.

Hey Aaron! Nice Work!

I wanted to ask.. Can I get the CAD files from you of those Nut and bolt? And how did you managed to manually make such a good thread? Did you heat up the pla, the put it in the bolt and nut? I want to Know! Looking forward to the Final version!

PS maybe you can sell them with a Custom print on them?

Bring back the old Yoyo days!

btw: here is the printed pibow case: :)

Hopefully the Pi doesn't go too hot and melt the PLA :roll:

Rainbows and unicorns! Nice piece of eyecandy!

How did you design this? What was your workflow?

Maybe my best project so far...

Trophy for Corinthians (brazilian football team) blood donation campaign.

Alessandro, FIFA 2012 world champion team captain, will be honored with the gift.

120 micron layer height, 0,8mm tickness, 0% infill, 230°C, 30mm/s outer shell, 60mm/s inner shell, support enabled.

Heart (real human size) Printed in translucent orange (chinese) filament, then primed and painted.

Base printed in UM black filament.

Total printing time: 19h

Wow the Heart is printed superb! are you sure it was an Ultimaker;)?

How was this printed? halves? I would love to know, because it just looks so good!

Hello! I'm a new user and this is my last print with Prusa i3 and Cura 14.03

Layer Height : 0.2mm

Print Speed : 50 mm/s

Printing Temperature : 185 C°

10003923_10203624827164570_447145242_n.jpg10168012_10203624827124569_888574050_n.jpg

1969300_10203624826804561_1834482479_n.jpg

First print:

Yoda

Yoda

Just a Yoda, looks good. :smile:

Second print:

Double Twisted Vase

Double twisted vase, watertight, just one shell, done with spiralize, perfect. :smile:

Third print:

Oooops...

What the... :blink: :( :angry: :cry: Ooops... That´s what I found when I came back home after a six hour print... looked good at the beginning, but now it´s just a big yellow Bloooob.

At 5mm height, the heated bed switched off, like on the other prints. But this one did not stick to the HB. Used a new mirror tile coated with a dried PVA, water solution. This time I wanted to have the PVA solution very flat, so I let it lean against the wall while drying... Next time I will use a brush again. Lesson learned...

I haven't added to this thread in a while. My UM2 is printing very well now, no under extruding. This tiger is based on a sketch by a colleague.

unnamed

Looks awesome braddock! How did you clean it up? Is it sprayed with color?

I just sprayed it with automotive primer and sanded the primer slightly.

0.06mm layer height at 140mm tall.

Looks awesome braddock! How did you clean it up? Is it sprayed with color?

I haven't added to this thread in a while. My UM2 is printing very well now, no under extruding. This tiger is based on a sketch by a colleague.

Morning ! :-)

What software was used for the modelling ? really like it !

Hi Ian, I use ZBRush for this stuff.

Morning ! :smile:

What software was used for the modelling ? really like it !

Ian :smile:

Hi Ian, I use ZBRush for this stuff.

and after you finish your model.. are there any issues with the 3d geometry... ? or do you get a clean outside single mesh for printing ?

Beware of the fearsome beast!

Guess you're not going to put this up for downloading? I'd love to put some of these around my appartment and put a "beware of tigers!" sign on the door :D

Hey Aaron! Nice Work!

I wanted to ask.. Can I get the CAD files from you of those Nut and bolt?

Lennart,

I believe you can find almost any nut and bolt CAD file right on the McMaster's website. They have a slew of 3D files with different formats!

There comes a time in every gentleman's life when he needs to ask himself - who am I and how do I want to decorate my home. As a hunter I chose this:

deer head

But the nerd in me said "You can not hunt ladies for ever.", so I did choose this:

pibow

Hi all,

Been testing a lot with my UM2 lately :)

Here are a couple of my last prints:

20140331 17554320140331 17555220140331 17560720140331 17561820140331 17562920140331 17564220140331 17565420140331 17572420140401 07254020140401 07255320140401 07260020140401 07260720140401 07263420140328 12031720140328 17530220140328 18305220140328 18004820140329 11235320140329 12171820140329 121733

Particularly proud of the cuddling owl:

20140401 072540

20140401 072553

20140401 072600

20140401 072607

Just wished i hadn't forgot to put the cool head lift option... it messed up the last ear :mad: the rest is perfect, i can barely see the layers, it doesn't render good on the picture.

Layer height 0.06 speed 40mm/s for the first layers but i lowered to 30mm/s seems better filament temp 200°c bed 60°c

Whee! Evil Eetu Robot rules the world! (living room at least)

eetu-robot.jpg

Home-brew snap-fit toy-robot for my nephew... both are called Eetu.

haha deepshots. A friend of mine loves robots, and collects all kinds of small robot toy things lol... so for his birthday I thought I would print him a small robot... but OH, I got carried away and am now working on a full scale T800 terminator arm haha

haha deepshots. A friend of mine loves robots, and collects all kinds of small robot toy things lol... so for his birthday I thought I would print him a small robot... but OH, I got carried away and am now working on a full scale T800 terminator arm haha

You have to keep us up to date ;)

You have to keep us up to date ;)

No worries mate, I will. The CAD work is all done ( apart from a couple of finger parts ), I originally just modelled everything as I would as a engineer... but have since gone back to it all and made it a little more printing friendly, I have realised even more so that I don`t have much patience...since owning the UM2 I tend to print everything as quickly as I can and worry about the quality afterwards haha

Not looking forward to the sanding, priming and spraying bit!

Hey Skint... I have this sitting on my desk if you need any photos for reference!

endoarm

Also, this video tutorial is really helpful for painting

https://www.stanwinstonschool.com/tutorials/character-creation-tutorial-metallic-painting-stan-winston-school

Braddock.

WOW! That looks awesome. Is that the real deal, or one YOU have made? I know you are capable of making this after seeing some of your stuff!

I am pretty happy with my CAD model ( Which I will happily share when i have completed it ). I have taken references from all over the web, so many photos... and I think have modelled it pretty accurately, however a lot of the images I am using for reference do have different details.

This is my first ever project to 3D print and build anything..so jumped in at the deep end! The parts I have printed so far have been printed at poor settings and way too fast ( due to my lack of patience it seems )..but I was thinking that a rougher surface would attract the primer better.. never painted anything before either (apart from a window frame lol)

But.. its a learning curve for me, and I am enjoying it. If at the end, I am not happy with it...I can make another one :)

Thanks for that painting link... they have serious skills. Makes my few tins of automotive primer and chrome spray paint look very amateurish indeed haha.

I will post some pics of the project so far later. I think my friend will be happy with his 40th birthday present...if I let him have it !! :)

Cool, yeah it's the real deal, gift from my girlfriend last birthday. I've been wanting to do an endoskull though, I have a scan of an original, and a recast vinyl kit, so between the two, i have enough reference.

Don't worry about primer sticking to the PLA it'll be fine. Print at 0.06 or finer, sure, it'll take longer, but you;ll have less sanding to do.

Just get comfortable with the idea of 15 hour prints... kick it off and go to bed... then work etc.

Also... I have similar photos of myself at Machu Picchu... amazing place.

Braddock.

WOW! That looks awesome. Is that the real deal, or one YOU have made? I know you are capable of making this after seeing some of your stuff!

I am pretty happy with my CAD model ( Which I will happily share when i have completed it ). I have taken references from all over the web, so many photos... and I think have modelled it pretty accurately, however a lot of the images I am using for reference do have different details.

This is my first ever project to 3D print and build anything..so jumped in at the deep end! The parts I have printed so far have been printed at poor settings and way too fast ( due to my lack of patience it seems )..but I was thinking that a rougher surface would attract the primer better.. never painted anything before either (apart from a window frame lol)

But.. its a learning curve for me, and I am enjoying it. If at the end, I am not happy with it...I can make another one :)

Thanks for that painting link... they have serious skills. Makes my few tins of automotive primer and chrome spray paint look very amateurish indeed haha.

I will post some pics of the project so far later. I think my friend will be happy with his 40th birthday present...if I let him have it !! :)