Post your latest print!

IRobertI

Posted · Post your latest print!

I have the impression, that the mesh is not printed.

Still very impressive none the less.

so here are my final tests for now between colorfabb, UM blue and cheepo white stuff.

all printed at 20mm/sec, 0.06mm, 190C, 60C bed temp, 20% infill and 10 sec layer cool time with cool head lift at the end.

14129468682_f5f780d1be_h.jpg13945775819_471a5302c9_h.jpg13945800060_bb8cc40723_h.jpg

All of three materials did a great job especially at such a small scale (7cm including antenna). The antenna had problems printing because of the small size and because the cool head lift function caused a lot of mess that interfered with the print. Other than that The results look great (the pictures don't do these prints justice).

You can see in the last image that there is a bit of roughness and layer sagging on the ears and underside of chin. Again the cheep white stuff came out on top in this regard. I also like the matte finish it has to it as opposed to that streaky shine that you normally get with these kind of prints.

I have ordered a couple of samples of faberdashery PLA so I'll look forward to trying that out soon.

Hey Leo, the cheap one looks about the best so just buy that :p Faberdashery is nice, I have chosen this as my default plastic at the moment.

Are you planning on printing Ieyo much bigger? I want to print a nice sized and high quality model of this, to do Braddock`s model justice... I`m just waiting for a 15 hour time slot lol.

Geez many updates!

No, not long to slice.

I use decimation master before I export, gets the polycount way down and keeps all the detail.

Nice To know!

"Sometimes I lack inspiration, anybody knows a good source for inspiration? "

love the egg holders, i get most of my inspiration when i am outside in the woods walking around :)

this was my biggest print so far, printed in two parts simultaneously on two UM1s. it stands 50cm tall (base 10cm, pug 30cm, crown 10cm)

The paintjob was kind of unintentional (the color was dried and my airbrush died, long story) buit i like how it turned out in the light :)

The pug head! I have printed it! I put a simple screw holder in the back so it is not a container anymore.

Plus: its printed with free samples i had from colorfabb, Really Nice!

2014 05 03 19.21.27

2014 05 04 13.57.06

2014 05 04 13.57.15

2014 05 04 13.57.22

I think your definitely right about enhancing detail.

11911506334_4b319ac528_o.jpg

"That is just one ugly motherf*****"

Extreme nicely done!

Thanks Lennart

I dont feel good about uploading the whole model since it wont print properly in one piece and i dont have time to write an assembly guide now, but i uploaded a derivate i did for a friend of mine.

https://www.youmagine.com/designs/pug-container

hope you like it

b

see above!and thanks again!

Another job for an office furniture factory... The most challenging job so far! ;)

gallery_21355_498_44084.jpg

that quality! what are the dimesniosn of the models?

Cheers!

Random Layer shift strikes again... 60 hour print ruined. I'm still at a loss to understand why this happens.

fail

:mad: Damn bad luck. Good it be that the thing is so tall it shifted a bit on the plate?

No, it was stuck well and good, had to pry it off. No signs of it catching... had been printing perfectly till that point, and you can see the steps where it's been fine for a few layers, then slips again, and again.

I've re-sliced the part now at lower res and no retraction simply because I need it done and can't wait another 3 days!

That looks great! It's so very clean looking.

The scale is kinda wonkey though, it looks tiny because of the DOF, but the print lines seem quite fine.

Tilt shift?

Wow! The mesh must have been crazy to print

Stunning print Oswaldo !

I have the impression, that the mesh is not printed.

that quality! what are the dimesniosn of the models?

Cheers!

Thank you guys! :D

The models are about 12cm high and everything was done with UM silver filament.

I printed it in parts, than primed and painted. The silver base was also sanded, so I could get rid of the lines.

The settings aren't rocket science: 25mm/s, 20% infill, 0,1mm, 220C, 50C bed temp and line support (30%). Finding the right angle of each part on the bed helped a lot!

The mesh is a fabric. I think that nor an SLA printer could do it.

@SandervG, Do you remember that UM2 you sold me at the end of Maker Faire NYC? That's what our little robot is doing! ;)

@ Lennart: Thanks man.

@braddok: Dude that sucks. I hope you find a solution. Other than the shift it looks awesome.

Hey everyone-

I wanted to share this personal project I just recently finished:

Unholy Cross

As you can imagine, this took a very long time and a lot of work, but I am happy with the outcome.

I have no idea how I would have made something like this without the assistance of 3d printing. For me that's the coolest part. An idea popped in my head and several months later it exists.

Here's this project on my behance with plenty of more pictures:

https://www.behance.net/gallery/16689501/Unholy-Cross-3D-Printed

Thanks to all you guys for helping me out! there were many times when i was close to abandoning this but ya'll helped dragged me back in on it.

Good community here. No questions too dumb and a real interest in helping each other out.

Thanks!

Crazy good man. Mind blowing stuff. Well done!

Lennart, i am glad that you like the pug so much

Andwew you are fu**ing insane in a very good way :), respect.

@ Andrew, whoa man thats insanely cool :) Proper Game of Thrones like!

Father, son and grandchild.

Spent a day testing custom made nozzles for the Merlin hotend (and learnt a lot about 0.2 nozzle tip shaping).

gallery_5589_458_261333.jpg

finally, after 3 attempts, victory with this part. Also, eating some of my own words regarding resolution.

Failed print on the right was at 0.06mm and was at about the 60 hour mark when it failed.

I sliced it again at 0.08 and turned off retraction. With these setting, the print on the left took 15 hours to complete, and to my eyes, there's very little difference in surface quality or detail. At this size 0.08 is fine.

victory

@SandervG, Do you remember that UM2 you sold me at the end of Maker Faire NYC? That's what our little robot is doing! ;)

Your UM2 is selling more UM2? :eek:

We need one of those! :wink:

on topic: Great work!! Do you have some pictures during the process?

Hi Ultimakers, I wanted to share some of my latest designs / prints. I mostly design and print for my two boys which is so much fun, especially on rainy days :cool:! And as my UM1 is not working at the Moment I have some time to share stuff.

This is a sword I drew and printed for my 3 year old son (pirate sword):

sword 1

And some detail:

sword 2

My own raspberry pi and pi cam octoprint case that fits to the um1 without any screws or glue or else, just snaps in place:

octocase 1

And my project for and with my 5 year old, the JBOT (raspberry pi, Screen, glowing eyes "night light", controls etc.). On the picture the Speakers are missing:

jbot 1

The design from within 123D Design:

jbot designed with 123D Design

I hope you like it.

Nice job braddock, glad you got that beast done! Cant wait to see it finished up.

finally, after 3 attempts, victory with this part. Also, eating some of my own words regarding resolution.

Failed print on the right was at 0.06mm and was at about the 60 hour mark when it failed.

I sliced it again at 0.08 and turned off retraction. With these setting, the print on the left took 15 hours to complete, and to my eyes, there's very little difference in surface quality or detail. At this size 0.08 is fine.

Awesome work. Really glad that you got it sorted. I cant believe how much time you saved its insane. I noticed in one of your images it looks like yo are printing with no infill, is that right?

Hey Leo, that's right I never use fill, it's a waste of time for me. Occasionally ill have an internal overhang that might need it, but I'd rather have a small hole to fill than wait another 4 hours for a print

Hey Leo, that's right I never use fill, it's a waste of time for me. Occasionally ill have an internal overhang that might need it, but I'd rather have a small hole to fill than wait another 4 hours for a print

Awesome! This is going to save me sooooo much time.

make sure you use 1.2mm shell though.

Awesome! This is going to save me sooooo much time.

So, all the parts for this guy are printed, just need some cleanup, priming and seem filling. I began printing the base, but it's going to be 325mm in diameter and a combined print time of about 80 hours! So, I think I'll leave him as is... I have other projects to get on with!

Fit 02

Fit 01

1/4 of the base I started to print. Aborted.

base

So, all the parts for this guy are printed, just need some cleanup, priming and seem filling. I began printing the base, but it's going to be 325mm in diameter and a combined print time of about 80 hours! So, I think I'll leave him as is... I have other projects to get on with!

1/4 of the base I started to print. Aborted.

Looks great!

Maybe print the base upsidedown and hollow like a dish?