Post your latest print!

IRobertI

Posted · Post your latest print!

@AaronAlai nice prints and clever design :) the pause function works very well and make it possible to embed stuff before the print is finished it's really a nice feature.

The two colors look pretty cool to me, i wondered if it was possible to juste cut the filament and put one new in the feeder and having it push the other one. I guess you have to be sure that no retractions occur during that moment

WOW Cor3ys, two prints that I really wanna print. Think I am more of a kid than... your kid lol. There is a great Trex skull on thingiverse at the moment, is that the one? From makerbot? Printed in two pieces standing on their ends.

I should buy an airbrush. Should I spend a lot, or are the cheap ones any good?

@AaronAlai: Really nice and funny stuff. Distortion typical of thought an Electronic engineer: why don't you insert in yours great picture frame a little rotary potentiometer, in order to tune the light intensity? :)

@skint i only bought a cheap kit to see if i like it, or to see how hard it is to do before buying anything of real quality..http://www.kmsdirect.co.uk/magento/index.php/frontpageproducts/kms-airbrush-kit-as186-as-186-with-compressor-with-tank-with-2-x-double-action-airbrushes-and-hose

yes the T-rex is of http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:308335

Thanks guys :D !!

@Didier Klein, thanks for mentioning retraction. I forgot to mention that when I switched the filament I also changed retraction to 0mm. It was about 3 AM and I was really groggy and almost didn't turn off retraction, except that when I was holding the filament ready to be inserted the machine performed a retraction and my neurons started firing. I woke up about an hour after the switch and turned retraction back on.

@Skint, I totally understand. When I'm printing proper stuff for work or someone else I can't wait to start printing my designs again. I'm traveling this week and this is the first time I've been away from my printer for more than a work day; I find myself thinking about all the stuff I wish I was printing. Saturday was literally the first full 24 hour time period I did not print something out... I miss my printer :sad:. I'm going to the Maker Faire in San Francisco later this week so that should help fill the void :grin:.

@cor3ys, two very awesome looking prints! I really like the skin and eyes on your paint job, I'll tell you that if it were my first try you probably wouldn't be able to recognize the print :mrgreen:. Also, man I wish home 3D printers were around when I was a kid, I think I would have freaked out if I was surprised with a T-Rex skull replica; that's one lucky kid!

@Dreamworker, thanks for the compliment, I like your idea of being able to adjust the intensity of the light; perhaps my next iteration will be a bedside nightlight/ picture frame. You could press a button on the top of the frame to turn it into night mode or something.

The brackets that came with my new garage door opener did not fit the rails as planned so it gave me another useful reason to print.

I know it's not a big deal being a stationary bracket, but every time I design, print, and make use of an idea in the real world with a physical object, I am always blown away and completely satisfied.

Every time is like using the printer for the first time when it's your personal creation.

I mounted the sensors with the same hardware it came with and mounted the bracket to the existing bolt and nut located on the garage door railing. Everything worked first try without adjustments.

Garage Door Sensor Bracket2

Garage Door Sensor Bracket

Who new a couple brackets could make one feel all warm and fuzzy inside!

Seriously awesome work from everyone in here. There is so much its hard to keep up. Great stuff everyone :)

So it was my mums birthday yesterday and I made her a laughing buddha to go with her colection.

Printed at 35mm/sec, 0.08mm layer height, 9cm height, 197C, 0%infill, 8 hours

14167978691_4206877f82_b.jpg

14167977561_f6faba695f_b.jpg13984624749_3c6e2aa154_b.jpg14191391543_180e4caf7c_b.jpg

13984882340_e08ce2028b_b.jpg

Chrisp, yeah your right mate, there`s a real sense of satisfaction when you print something that is Actually needed and useful, created by yourself to solve a problem! Great stuff.

Leo, that`s one fat buddha. Nice print too! :)

So I was shipping a feeder to gadgetfreak and I had to contain and protect it, I could've used bubble wrap but how much fun is that? :p Hopefully it makes it there in one piece.

feederCase1

feederCase2

(yes, there's underextrusion on the case, it was printed faster than it should've been due to time constraints)

Simply brilliant!

Robert i love it, wished i could throw stuff like that together

OMG! You are creating limited edition "R line" feeders and you don't inform your fans?

Robert, I am disappoint.

Robert, I'm on the Norwegian coast on vacation all week but Anders sent me a picture of both the feeder, the custom made case and the NinjaFlex BMX handle...what can I say? I'm absolutely delighted and really impressed!! Can't wait to get back to try it out. I'm actually back for the MakerFaire in Stockholm (Sunday for my part) and I think we'd like to proudly display the feeder and NinjaFlex printing on one of our Ultimaker 2 units there. I think you should join us :) we can talk more over e-mail the coming days.

I'm very happy that we're now able to print very flexible material with our UM2s.

What's the total print time and weight of the feeder and case parts Robert?

Thanks for the compliments guys :) As for the weight and print time. Weight, not a clue. Time according to the Gcode on the card is about 4 hours for the feeder and 2+1 hours for the case. I went with 50% fill on the feeder and 0.8mm layers IIRC. I had a report of a latch breaking so I figured I'd bump up the fill for this print just in case.

Top Job Robert :) I`ll PM you my address and you can me 10 lol.

Edit... Oh damn, Ive just realised I actually need your feeder! Cor3ys sending me some ninja flex lol.

So I was shipping a feeder to gadgetfreak and I had to contain and protect it, I could've used bubble wrap but how much fun is that? :p Hopefully it makes it there in one piece.

(yes, there's underextrusion on the case, it was printed faster than it should've been due to time constraints)

OOOOOh, I want one!

@Chrisp I love seeing posts where the printer saves the day, nice design and application. I agree I get a total rush when I print something I designed and then can hold and use, it's a much different feeling then printing something out that I downloaded off the net.

@LeoDDC, that Buddha looks great! Did you design it? I like the design, a much more realistic looking Buddha then the ones you commonly see as decoration. Did you use any support material, especially around the necklace beads?

@IRobertI, WOW, I love the presentation of the feeder! It's a well crafted gift and I really want one as well!!!

One night away from the forum and so much to see :) Great stuff.

I also love to design something that is needed and see that it fits perfectly once printed. It's a great feeling even for irrevelant stuff like a small wheel :)

Love the buddah the design is very nice great work.

I've been doing some tests on overhangs, hopefully i will have time to post the results this week, i was planning to post yesterday but i didn't have time to complete the tests.

Anyway i printed a vase in Ultimaker Natural PLA:

20140510 182718

20140510 182348

Looks very nice but it's not watertight :( the sides are ok but the bottom lets water pass... if anyone has a tip for this??

Yesterday my wife told me a pot was needed for a small cactus belonging to my daughter. I was planning to use the cute octopus found on thingiverse, print it hollow and abort the print to leave it open. Then i remembered the pause button. Decided to make it bicolor.

While the seconde color was printing it totally looked like the octopus was wearing a zorro mask :mrgreen: so i decided to finish the print with the first color

20140512 212810

20140512 212834

And here side by side with the monster pencil pot

20140512 212815

Didier... brilliant :)

@Skint: Cheers mate.

@Aaron: Thanks man. I designed it in Zbrush. I'm glad you like slightly more realistic style, it was really fun to make. No support material used and other than the wisp of PLA from the top of his head there was no clean up.

@Didier: Thanks mate. Love the octopus plant pot. The UM natural looks like it held up quite well on the overhangs. I wonder if having pure PLA with no coloring makes a difference.

I got my fabberdashery samples yesterday and did a test with earl gray. Again it was a bit rough on the overhangs but still held up quite well. The layer quality is great with this material, I guess that's down to the consistent diameter of the filament. Still nothing beats the cheap white stuff so far but I will keep testing.

13989258077_bc9c0b01bd_b.jpg

Leo, you are building quite an ARMY of those little braddock monsters lol